BeautyHacker

Fat Grafting In Korea

I've been a silent reader for some time. not too sure how to post things on this site. Base on Hj88 I choose TLPS. I had my nose tiplasty/alar base reduction, chin implant removed, and fg done by Dr. Kim at TL. The FG touch up was offer but right now it's too early to tell if need any touch up. My FG is still stiff around cheeks and upper eyes hollowness. Overall I'm happy with my FG. I'm very pleased with their services. I had Mellissa as a translator, I absolutely love her. I had the driver drove me to all my appointments and to my airport departure. As for my nose I initially only wanted tiplasty. Dr. kim recommend that I have my little hump shaved, and that was my initial thought too. The nose bone shaving was quotes a little high, plus adding the down time I can't afford and back out. But in the end after I paid, Dr. kim was so kind and was willing to shaved my little hump at no extra cost. Dr. Kim is a perfectionist , he said it would make a huge different in how my nose would turn out. I'm still early out, but right now I'm very pleased with my result. I always hated my crooked chin implant , and I finally had it removed after 10yrs. I'm very surprised my chin has gone back to its original shape. If I ever need Fg touch up I think now I preferred flesh not stored fat. thanks guys

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May i know how long since ur fg? And would yoi mond sharing us the cost. Thank you so much.

Dream ah...I got friend who went there, but she said she doesnt have any fat retained after 2 yrs.

2 years that's actually a quite long time compared to many other people. I know people who have been to other clinics who have to top up at 3 months. Anyways it depends on a few factors:

1) Area where fat is grafted
2) Individual resorption rate
3) Facial muscle movement
4) Administrative technique

mine was done first in May 2014 and then in March 2015. Before the top up i had more than 50-60% left coming into March 2015. After top up im sitting at about 80% and I'm a pack a day smoker (unfortunately). My fg hasnt gone down since so the administration technique they use is good, especially considering smoking affects the graft survivability.

My fat graft was done to the forehead. Great results. However I had some done nasofold during my top up. That region usually doesn't last well for most people because we are constantly talking and being expressive. Therefore the first few months is the most important while the graft has yet to stabilize we must try not disperse it with facial muscle movement. Problem is certain areas its almost impossible to restrict movement and immobilize your face lol. See with the forehead botox works well to prevent muscle movement but areas like the nasofolds it doesn't. Hence why I'm going to use hydroxyappatite to get rid of my folds.

may i know how long after the surgery you are able to smile etc? Did you minikize talking and smiling to get a better retain result?

I just read Dream s website and they seem to use sydney coleman a techinque.

My friend just replied me...she said hers actually was only retained for 6 months. After that fat also didnt stay.
She told me in Dream only one doctor is good..and warned me not to find doctors other than this particular one.

Nah mine has retained after top up and its been more than one year. To add, I also used belly fat which has lower survivability than thigh fat. I only requested belly fat because I am very prone to keloids.

Nope there's more than one surgeon that's good at Dream, but I would only allow 4 of them to perform surgeries on me. Each have their own speciality. My first graft was done by Dr Park, second was done by Dr Jo. They don't use the sydney coleman method I don't know where you got that from.....

Anyways Dr Park actually fills for volume all over from with insertion from the brow region. Many of my friends had it done with Dr Park and no one has lost their graft so far. Lavin recently redid her fat graft too so you can go ask her about her results. The top up I had was done by Dr Jo and this one was done differently. Both using a compaction but Dr Jo's insertion is from the hair line and he chooses strategic points to transplant the fat to give dimension instead of an overall fill. That was in March this year. Last year during first fat graft I smoked only 3 months after the graft. This year I couldn't be bothered and smoked just a month after the top up lol. Still 80 percent remains :biggrin:

Oh I was able to smile right away. I was told to minimize facial expressions. But come on, unless you are a mute, it is near impossible to avoid smiling and talking. For the problematic regions where facial expression affects the graft survivability surgeons will tell you to avoid excessive movement for up to 3 months. The 3 month mark is when whatever you retain is semi permanent. Some people are really lucky. Unji did hers at Dream before me and hers is so full over a year with no top up. But like mine, she did the forehead only. I've yet to see anyone who grafts at the nasofolds who actually lasts long. You always see people post op with the swelling and fullness to the nasolabial fold region and they really look like a baby but then after a while it just goes back to normal.

sorry. I missed out your previous posts and only noticed that you only did forehead now.
Well forehead is very easy to survive. I had done mine at korea and US. Results are awesome. It is the other parts of face such as cheeks or chin that I am concerned about. I know some US doctors produce good results but it is too far to travel. I hope to get some good doctors in korea to do. I wanted to go back to the one who did my forehead 3 yrs ago. But he seemd have left the clinic.

may i know which doctor in tlps did yours pls? Thank you~ muah

Yeah the outer facial structures have much higher survivability. The inner features are very much more so dependant to the individual. Like even when grafting at the lower jaw line mine lasted really well. I had some put into the left lower jaw for symmetry purposes. Worked out great but my nasofolds has barely any remaining now. I was considering paranasal implants via silicone but I'd been advised against it so going to use hydroxyappatite instead. As pricey as it is I feel its the most secure out of the options since it fuses to the bone.

Paranasal implant is not a bad idea. I did mine at Dr jung 5 yrs ago. And it is still good. It helps to alleviate the nasal depression.

The people I spoke to who had paranasal using silicone have cautioned me about being able to feel the implant during speech. Another one had deviation in his right implant.

What material is your paranasal implant made of? If you say yours is still good then there must be no deviation but what about sensations during facial motions. Does it feel natural to you and how many mm was augmented?