BeautyHacker

Anybody got V-line surgery done or planning to do so??

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me too planning on vline and zygoma. (actually next month, woohoo! kakao id; meimei5105). thanks for sharing your thorough thoughts!

am still kind of unsure difference among all the zygoma procedures. wondering if you can explain how 3D zygoma is better countering sagging. many thanks in advance.

oh wow, well i'm happy your time is finally here! Hope to hear about your progress and hopefully quick healing! Have you decided on a clinic yet? Even though i won't be getting my surgeries done until October of 2016 i have already pretty much narrowed my choices down to DAPRS, TLPS, and EverM for zygoma and v-line. :smile:

I don't remember who exactly posted it but i saved it in my PS notes. They said "quick zygoma reduction is only effective for patients who have a wide width of midface. If you have a wide face only from the front, then quick zygoma reduction will be effective, but if you have big zygoma all the way( like they say 45 degree zygoma ), you will need to get 3D zygoma reduction.

I tried uploading the photo example but it doesn't seem to be working, but if you go to the TLPS website it shows you exactly how 3D zygoma is done. :smile:

Anyone help me please? I just done mandible reduction 3 weeks. I stayed in Korea 2 weeks but doctor said my wound opened, so I had to delayed 1 more week. And now tomorrow I will flight, doctor said I had infection. I can not stay longer, what should I do now, so bad the wound open can see my chin bone...I'm in stuck now.

Hi tigervt,

I am sorry you're not doing well! I hope you heal as soon as possible. Have strength and best wishes to a safe recovery

Tiger you should definitely stay. If the bone is even showing?!
It's your face, you don't want to take the risk. Unless you know a really good doctor that you trust back in your own country who can treat it

I am planning on going to Korea in 2015, i'm flexible with time, January or February is fine (no later). It'll be freezing cold though!

Who else is going around that time? I really want to set up a group or just a travel buddy whom I can go to consultations with to bargain or stay in the same guesthouse at least. Is there maybe also a Kakaotalk group already for people who go in that period?

I have followed forum over 2years and decided to have something done on my face. I am 3 weeks post-op cheekbone, vline, acculift, fat graft on my forehead by Dr Lee from DAPRS.
Consultation: JK, Faceline, DAPRS, Regen
JK: I came in JK at early morning. I tried to consultation w/ JK cuz I have done my eyelid with over a years ago. I do satisfy the result. Anyway, I met Dr Kim who specialize in facial contour at JK. They took XRay, and show my condition face bone. Dr Kim suggested me to have vline (chin redcution Tcut method and shave my jawline a littile bit to define vline looks), and he would move chin forward a little bit to make face looks longer. He didn't suggest me to do zygoma. He said I didn't need one, because I already had small face.I agree I had small face, but face was wide. I also looked my X-ray and saw my chin bone was straight. JK quote me price for mini Vline only 10.5. When I left the clinic there was lots of people at waiting area. Most of people are foreigners.
Faceline: I was impressed by b/a pictures. The clinic was busy when I came in. People are Chinese and local. They don't have English Staff. I was consult Dr and translate by nurse. Her English is just enough to understand. It's kind of hard to talk with them. Dr suggested me to zygoma, full vline(means shave the part below my ear, jawline and chin). By the time he would remove all fats around jawline. I saw most of staffs ther have pointy chin whichI don't like. They gave me price very high, but they gave discount. I already made a deal with them, they pushed me to put some deposit. when they tried to push me, I started to worry at this point. I almost slicked to faceline. The manager told me have to make deposit b4 3pm to book schedule . They did charge Xray fee ( about $10k/kw) I got out of clinic to eat some lunch.
I was discuss with my friend, she told me to visit the other clinic b4 putting down dep. Both of us didn't like the way they pushed us to make dep.
DAPRS: I went in clinic at noon. There are 3,4 people at waiting area. They are both local and Chinese. They do have translator in house. Her name is Katie. She is nice and helpful. They took me to xray, CT scan. I saw Dr Lee, he suggested me to do vline with extend my chin a little longer(you can check method thru DA site), move chin forward a little bit. For zygoma, he only reduce the lateral to help my face looks less wide. Highlighter, Dr Lee doen't remove any fat or muscle around jawline. He suggested me to do Vline first anddo acculift later. I told him I don't have any schedule to come back Korea .I rqst him to do acculift at same time. He didn't want to do same time cuz swelling. He told me I will got swelling alot and slowly to subside than other people. I am ok with it,, I don't want to come back to Korea with only little procedure. Acculift is different cost from vline. He is very professional and confident what he does. I chose DA b/c Dr Lee suggested me what I had in my mind. He told me exactly what I didn't feel good in my face. So we're almost on same page. What I need to do, just tell him what style I would like to be. I also show him the face shape which I like. One of his model in book have that shape.
I decide to chose DA, so I skipped Regen.
Post-op: My schedule is 1:00pm. I entered the operation room at 1:30pm and woke up at 7:00pm. When I woke up in recovery room, the nurse gave me a cup of water for water to rinse my mouth. I thought she give me to drink, I drank almost half cup.Omg!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
After post-op: The only part which make me tired, is vomit. I was threw up a lot at first night b/c I had nothing in my stomach for almost 14hours. Vline and zygoma not really painful, it's just uncomfortable due to swelling. My face got swelling look like a ball at day 3 and 4. I came back to clinic at day4 to cleanse wound. They also gave me shampoo and laser treatment. They let me to take off bandgae 15' every 2 hours. And I can tell that swelling started to subside from that day.Finally, the stich on the sideburns have been removed at day 7 and have another laser treatment. I was see Dr Lee to check on my face b4 I leave. I also rqst to see xray and CT scan to make sure everything ok. Katie did show me what parts Dr have done on my facial bone. I looks strange at first 2 weeks due to swelling and my forehead.
P/s:very important neeed to rinse mouth alot at first two weeks. I do 4 big bottle salt water in 11days:P:P
Result: I like my chin shape so far. My face looks longer than b4. I came back to my work at day 12. My co-worker question my mouth move slowly, I told them my teeth have been moved at my lower jaw. I got braced a year ago. They belived it :roflmfao:
About the sagging, I have no idea about sagging. I am just 3 weeks, I don't know what happen year road. From what I am thinking sagging, it depend how you start with and your body. If you have really chubby face and remove lots of bone, then sagging will happen. You should carefully discuss with surgeon to see any additional procedures may needed. We have to understand ours body when we gain weight, which area will be effect (means fatter)? Like me, I always getting fatter clearly around my jawline whenever I gain weight. I do have to watch out it in order to avoid lose skin or sagging.
Anyway, thanks god that I have been thru all of these easily!
Thank you for your all previous post. They are really help me to expect what would happen and experience in Korea.

@Buttermilk

thanks for sharing your experience! did you have "sliding genioplasty"? because you said that he moved your chin forward. what kind of screws did he use and how much did you pay, excluding the zygoma? sorry for asking a lot. happy healing!

Wow sorry to hear that. But you definitely have to stay. You should not risk it when you have complications. Stay till your dr fixed everything....

I just messaged you :smile:

Im a flexible Feb-Apr. Would be happy to chat with any of you on my kakaotalk: BinguMi =)

He just moved my chin forward a little bit. I am not sure it calls "sliding genioplasty" , doesn't it? He uses fixation plate. I have done muti-surgery, I don't know how much exactly I was charged. I believed 6k.

hi buttermilk.. DA is also one of my shortlisted clinics for facial bone contouring. thanks so much for sharing. Glad that u r happy with ya results. how much did u pay for all ur procedures? is it cheaper to pay all in cash? and also do u need to wait 2-7days for them to do the wafer? how bad is the swelling after 2 weeks? thanks so much for ur help and wish u speedy healing!