BeautyHacker

Anybody got V-line surgery done or planning to do so??

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will b going in nov

Im planning to have jaw reduction, rhinoplasty and double eyelid surgery on the 4th of July. Scared because it's only 3 days away. Can anyone advise me about the pain? How bad will it be? And how long to recover?

That's not a good combination. You won't be able to breathe easy due to swelling from v line and packing from rhino and you won't be able to see very well from your eye op. You won't be able to do much for several days so I hope you have stocked up on lots of liquid food in your room like protein shakes and porridge. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply! Im just hoping my "v-line" surgery isn't going to hurt too much because I'm only getting a little bit of my jaw line cut off, b/c my jaw isn't too square. Im going to be living with my relatives during recovery so I think they will be able to take care of me. Hopefully the recovery time for swelling to go down is only a month since i have to be back in america in about a months time. Any idea how painful all three surgeries will be, considering my jaw reduction won't be a big cut off my jaw?

I had v line, genioplasty, double eyelid and rhino at the same time. It was very uncomfortable for 2 weeks until all my stitches inside my mouth was removed not to mention limiting to food, great if you want to lose weight! My swelling took over 6 months to clear but after one month most of the swelling had gone and I looked fairly normal but with a chubby face, most people thought I had put on weight.

That's great! Ty both for the replies. Was your v-line just a simple jaw cut or did you have zygoma + other surgeries with it? I hope your results were good. Any sign of "jaw ticking" or weird symptoms some people describe after they've recovered from jaw surgery? For some reason my parents think I'm going to have an uncomfortable feeling for the rest of my life in my jaw because of jaw surgery. I don't think that's the case though...
Another fear was that going through customs back to america, my face won't match my passport photo. Hopefully the swelling in my face will convince them :P

Hi guys, I'm 100% going to Seoul in august. I'm totally scared since I'm going alone... I will have a jaw reduction and cheekbone reduction in Grand. does anyone decided to go in august? I will be there probably on aug. 5th or something around this date.

Let me know :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
I had a V-line at JW a year ago and can honestly say that I was one of the worst experiences in my life. I remember waking up and looking like a troll, your face is so blown up and so puffy and your eyes, you cannot see anything, it´s horrible. The pain is not that bad, it´s mostly just very uncomfertable. I think it´s something that you cannot really be prepared for, the first day I was a little suicidal just because that feeling of seeing yourself is so so difficult, you just think: why did I do this to myself? Honestly the post-op wasn´t that great, you get sent to your hotel the next day and just have to deal with it, so if someone is thinking about it I would say that you should prepare some sort of support system because you will be needing it.

• 2 weeks later...
OMG I could totally emphasize every word from you. In January I did my BA in Germany and that was literally the most horrible experience ever in life. I underestimated the pain and uncomfortable feelings and I ended up travelling alone there. The following 3 days after surgery I remember I woke up from time to time in the middle of the night sweeping with tears becos of the pain and fear, and I kept on asking myself: Why did I have to do this to myself :'( Funny thing is at the moment I am prepareing again for a viline and rhino correction surgery in Seoul this or next year lol.

Hallo there :smile: I am also thinking of combining v line and rhino all at once becos it is quite money and time consuming to travel twice to Seoul and do them seperately. May I ask you how long did it take for you until the swelling bettered off at an acceptable level and you could return to school/work? Thanks! I am planning on taking off holidays and I didnt know if 3 weeks would be sufficient.