BeautyHacker

Anybody got V-line surgery done or planning to do so??

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone I'm a student filmmaker / photographer looking to make a short film about americans going to korea for plastic surgery. If anyone is interested please email me at [email protected]

Hi Wintergirl88, Do you think your long and tough recovery is due to the T-osteotomy you did? If I only do bone trimming, will the recovery be faster and easier?

I'm planning to have V-line and Rhino and am considering EverM for V-line. They are specilized in face contouring and suggests me to have rhino elsewhere 3-6 days after V-line... But according to your case, it will be the worse swelling on day 3 and 4.... How can someone operate on my nose accurately when my face is 2x bigger....?

Are you sure that's safe? I think that's nearly impossible, if you want to you can just do them both at the same time but it will be hard...or just wait 3-6 months after.

Did you go alone??no friends to help you?

hi, there is a ranking about sued doctors and/or recomended doctors in a site? i searching for it, but i don't find.

Hi, sorry I have been inactive on this site. I had a recent revision rhinoplasty for a rhino done in Singapore last yr, and my UniSIM exams were taking place recently.

Yes I went alone. It was ok though, just have to go out now and then with a face mask on to buy food supplies haha

I did mine at JK. It was a good experience. 2 pple told me I looked like a Korean actress after the surgery hehe, one was a Singaporean dr who knew about the surgery, the other was a random guy in the mall who asked me to do some promotional modelling/advertising work for his company's products. However, I actually sometimes feel uncomfortable with my new appearance, some days I like it and some days I feel a bit strange. I think this feeling that you're disconnected from your old self is actually quite common after surgery. I do feel happier as time goes on though. But u have to be prepared for it. Choose a reputable dr!! That's very impt. :smile:

Hi, I'm so sorry for the late reply, I've explained why in my other posts. It's been an extremely busy time for me.

JK told me beforehand that they only remove bone, not muscle and fat. I was ok with this. The difference is already significant. Actually, I'm gonna be honest, there are some days I miss my old face. I think it's natural, because I had that face for about 25 years, and many pple already considered me pretty, so now I have a new face shape to get used to. Please be prepared for such feelings if u do any surgery, no matter where u do it.

I chose JK because of it's very reliable safe reputation. I had read on forums like this about some pple who basically felt their lives were destroyed because they trusted the wrong dr, and it really scared me. Also, their before-after photos looked good and the dr seemed very trustworthy to me when I talked to him. (However be careful because many drs can seem trustworthy when u talk to them) And as far as I know, on this forum there's been noone who complained that JK screwed up their face. JK doesn't have as many reviews here as some clinics, but there seem to be no bad reviews.

I'm so jealous that JK quoted u 8500. I paid 9000 and didn't try to negotiate--I wish I had! Lol.

Lol suddenly so many messages here. :P

Hi davincci, yes I think that the T-osteotomy makes recovery more difficult. Because I read some pple said their recovery wasn't that bad, then I checked and realised they only did bone trimming. Whereas for me and many others who did T-osteotomy, our recovery was very tough, esp the first 1-3 days. Bone trimming should have an easier recovery.

Yes I think it will be a bit hard for them to do a good rhinoplasty when your face is soo swollen. First 3 or 4 days, the lower face looks a bit like a balloon! The doctor cannot see your face proportions well to do a good rhinoplasty. Why don't you do the rhinoplasty first before the V-line? Otherwise I think u should wait at least 2 weeks after V-line to do rhinoplasty. Just my personal advice. :smile:

hi winter when u say u have a v line does it mean you also have a jaw surgery? im quite confused with jaw surgery and v line... jaw surgery is when u remove the side of your jaw so that it will not be too squarish and the T osteotomy is for the chin? thanks

Hi MOTTY26,
Yes I also had a bit of jaw surgery--but for me, the dr didn't remove a lot of jaw bone, about 2 mm on each side of my face. The chin difference is more drastic. Because I had a big chin, but my jaw was not very big.