BeautyHacker

The Ultimate Korean PS Resource Thread ^_^

Thank you for the quick response! Sorry I was so focused on reading and responding to your page where you wrote a guideline, so I didn't see your response till now. In the other thread that you created, I posted some questions for you regarding how your last rhino was done (was there a cushion layer on top of your silicone bridge to prevent thinning of your skin),recovery rate of rib cartilage vs silicone, and reasonably good price range for silicone bridge augmentation with rib tip plasty. You can reply to me just once, either on this thread or the other. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys! I'm planning to have eye bag removal surgery and maybe a rhinoplasty surgery too.

Are you familiair with these clinics?

- Line
- JK
- Item
- Vipps
- HerShe
- Reborn
- Dream
- With
- Synergy

I'm curious about feedback about them... Thanks in advance and good luck all.

Isn't there two dreams in korea?

That's "Beauty Line" in the news. Most of their customers are Chinese introduced by agents. "The Line" has a good reputation, I remember they're doing surgeries on Miss Singapore as promotion.

Oh, good to know the difference indeed! Scary newsarticle tho

She's Miss Singapore of Chinatown, not of Miss Universe. Not really a good indicator of their reputation.

Hi All! I'm planning on having surgery to remove some of the fatty tissue of my upper eyelids and maybe also remove/redistribute some of the fat from the bottom eye lids in April (along with tip-plasty and maybe an ultra soft silicone implant for the bridge).

I also want to have Lasik eye surgery to correct my 400 degree vision and get rid of my thick eye glasses! Ideally, I'd have Lasik now/first, before the eyelids surgeries, so that I see without glasses after doing eyelids surgery... but I don't know how these two separate procedures (vision, and cosmetic) would interact with each other.

I'm posting this question to the general doctors/medical community on realself too, but was wondering, does anyone have any thoughts, knowledge, experience about this? TIA!

Hi K Couture..I know you had you're revision rhino w/dream medical group. After reading how he did a great job on your revision via closed method..I was really interested in a possible consultation w/them. I asked for prices on zygoma reduction and rhino (primary). They quoted the rhino w/tip and bridge to be around 3.93mil-8.6mil. Is it just me..or does that price seem really high??

Does anyone know where I can hire a trusted translator in Korea? I think I need someone who can speak Korean in order to book a consolation with White Clinic and Braun because it's been forever since they reply back. I'd really appreciate anyone's input on this. Thanks :smile:

@ddphan, here's some info. that you can look into:

https://usembassyseoulconsular.wordpress.com/tag/translation-service/

"Translation Service: TheKorea BBB Association offers free translation service. Tel.: 1588-5644, press 1 for English."

and from another website which offers the same info. but in more detail: (www.myseoulsecret.com)

"BBB Korea is a volunteer citizen powered translation network that gets you in touch with a real live Korean over the phone to help you with on-the-fly translations.
They have apps for iPhone and Android that acts as a switchboard and gets you in touch with a volunteer over the internet.
We tested it out, and it’s great. Wouldn’t recommend using it for a full consultation, but it’s good for shopping and speaking needs in general.
http://www.bbbkorea.org/

BBB Korea volunteer translation network."

Maybe you can start there, I went to the bbb site, and (google chrome) translated the page, and came across this:

"Q: Can you ask for help from abroad bbb?
A: Yes, it is possible. Non Bibi Korea has conducted an outbound service since October 2006, as well as foreign visit has been providing interpretation services even Koreans to visit the country. Local and international dialing codes - 82 - 1588 - 5644 After the phone, by language Pressing the extension is available bbb Interpreting Service."

Maybe you can contact them (phone or through their app) and ask them how you can get professional translation services when you're visiting... worth a shot, since they're volunteers (so don't use them for full / dr. consultations) into translating anyway, so they might have further info. / better leads about translation services for PS consultations... Good luck! And report back if they were able to help you with further resources!!

I have no idea about White Clinic is but Braun has in house translators. Also, I wouldn't go to a clinic if the surgeon is not proficient in English, or at the very least acceptable conversational English. Beauty is subjective. It is hard enough as it is for the patient to convey accurately their ideal notion of beauty to the surgeon, let alone rely on a third party to convey the perceived message. There are many surgeons in Seoul who are not only skilled but also has a good command of English given the korean standard of education

Does Braun really have an in house translator because they declined me a consultation saying that I would need a "separate guide for counseling".
Here's the reply I receive from them.

안녕하세요.브라운성형외과입니다.
보내주신 메일 잘 받았습니다.
죄송하지만 저희가 말씀드린것처럼 통역하시는분이 없어서
가이드가 따로 없으시면 상담을 도와드리기 어려워서
예약을 해드리기가 어려울듯 합니다.
죄송합니다.

which translated to...

Hi, Brown Plastic Surgery.
Send gave a well received mail.
Sorry, no minutes, we're interpreting as mentioned
If you do not have a separate guide to help give difficult counseling
It seems difficult to give you discard your booking.
Sorry.