BeautyHacker

Anyone had surgery at JW? Please post your experience here

Hi ladies, xxx seeking ladies with bulbous nose which corrected their nose to review on the clinics i researched on. JW is my current choice now.

Surgeries needed: Nose reduction (definitely) & maybe ptosis + lateral cantho for eyes if budget allows ( i already had double eyelids)
Problem: i have a nose with high nose bridge but appears too big form the side and too long from the front as i have a small face + short chin. This has been bothering me since young. So the nose surgeries i need are much more complicated (nose reduction) than the common surgery of inserting an implant. Have read so many forums and blogs but not many cases of people with same nose as me :sad::sad:

Thus after reading purse forum i shortlisted the popular ones and sent my photos to jw, banobagi, id and pitangui and whatsapped Dream. Writing down my review of their email replies & quotes here and hopefully can help ladies who are still researching:

1) JW - no1 choice for now as i understand the main surgeon for nose Dr Suh is really skillful & rhino is his expertise. however there were not enough b&a of noses like me online.
they suggested: " Osteotomy to narrow the nasal bone and bulbous tip and then correct the hanging columella to reduce long nose appearance. No need to increase height with silicon, Cost: 6million-6.5million won
- i like that they specify the exact procedures needed for me instead of just telling me i need a rhino.

2) Banobagi -
2nd choice as i like that they have recovery rooms and guest rooms just in their hospital so it makes planning of accomodation easier. con: saw some forumer says they are not good at nose; only facial contouring.
they suggested 2 procedures: bulbous nose correction - cost 6,050,000 KRW and also chin implant 3,850,000 KRW ~ 4,400,000 KRW
- their email reply was short and didnt specify the exact steps to correct my nose as compared to JW thus i find it abit vague for me to understand

3) ID -
they suggested 'Barbie line nose surgery' (Bridge augmentation + Tipplasty) which i guess is their trademark procedure. but im not sure about their bridge augmentation as JW consultant mentioned that i already had a high bridge.
Rhinoplasty with osteotomy - starts at 5.5 million KRW (5300 USD)
- impressed with their long and detailed replies with links to FAQ, before and afters and surgical steps.

4) Pitangui -
saw one blogger with bulbous nose who went to this place and results was indeed a smaller nose but doesnt look natural. however the biggest drawback is that i read many bad reviews that Doctor is snobbish and will only consult you for 5 mins :sad:
they suggested Reductive rhinoplasty + Nose bridge augmentation + Nose tiplasty projection with ear cartilage + Bulbous nose tip correction + Alar base reduction - cost 4.5million krw
- their quote is the cheapest with so many procedures and i was really impressed with their personable email replies which was very long and super detailed explaining the surgical step!

5) Dream -
i whatsapped them instead of email as i couldnt find their email.
their reply was very vague- that i needed a nose reduction with open rhino - thats it. Cost 7.7mil KRW. and when i ask them for the actual procedures needed for my open rhino their reply was "it depends on everyone's need. that cannot be decided until you see the doc"- i was super turned off by this reply, you quoted a price tag of 7.7mil krw without knowing what was needed for my open rhino; how do you derived this price???thus i feel they are not sincere at all and Dream is OUT.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Pauly, I just did incisional double eyelid with ptosis surgery and rhinoplasty at JW last month. I personally like the outcome of my eyes.. Dr. Choi was my surgeon :smile: I actually created a blog.. you can go check it out.. its escapingxordinary.blogspot.com.. I will update my post op photos soon :smile:

Hi Dlee516, thanks for that ! Are you Asian and monolid eyes? The costs is double that of others and so caught me wondering. Also there is some complaints on JW which I don't know exactly what...and so wondering if I should book a consultation with JW. Did you do everything that they recommended for eyes?

Hi .. just saw your post. Did you solve your problems eventually? What was your surgery? It helps potential patients if you can share else it's meaningless to post here as this forum is for people to share the positive and negative so others can gain from your experience... I hope you are well now

I haven't post my post op photos lol.. how did you see my post op photos? I think I added you on kakao... if not you can add me at debbielee516

Hi I am going to JW at the end of November leaving 12/12, getting eyes and nose done, maybe fat grafting but not sure.
Are you still going?
Cheers,
Vicki

Hi, I've been lurking around the forums for quite a while now but this is the first time I've posted anything. I've been planning to get a primary rhinoplasty + tip plasty in korea around next april and I'm completely torn between Dr. Suh of JW and Dr. Kim of April 31. In the beginning I was quite set on doing the surgery with Dr. Suh as I've seen pretty good reviews both on here and from youtube bloggers until I recently came across negative reviews on this thread and that leaves me in doubt. I've also heard really great things about April 31 but there aren't that many reviews or BA photos out there for me to decide on, and I'm not quite sure what style of nose Dr. Kim does. I'm aiming for a natural look, but obviously would like to see some change from my original nose lol.

Would anyone be able to give me some advice? Anything at all would be appreciated! Thanks so much!

There are mixed reviews of April31 and Jw, but April31 price is high according to this forum. Both clinic seems to be popular in rhinos including Dream, but it also has mixed reviews. Can someone give more opinion of Jw?

I just did my walk-in eyes consultation with Dr Kang at JW yesterday. I was asking for Dr Choi Hong Lim for eyes consultation, but, unfortunately, he's unavailable. Anyway, the consultation went quite well. Jay was my English translator, he quoted me a whopping USD$3700 for ptosis correction and USD$2400 for full incision; Furthermore, i will have to wait for 2 weeks if i want Dr Choi to operate on my eyes. The price is definitely too high now, it's even more expensive than Tieum clinic, which is ridiculous!