BeautyHacker

Two-Jaw surgery

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Nicole01,

I am not a doctor at any means but maybe I can give you my opinion. For the living of under the chin, I feel the doctor is right. Before I lost weight, I had fat under my chin, it looked nice because the fat sat nicely under the chin (which is why some get fat graft for chin aug)...but when I lost weight, the fat disappeared and my chin looks VERY short now which is why I am interested in two-jaw to do the complete opposite of what you want to achieve.

In regards to your question if two-jaw will make your face shorter, in my opinion, I believe it can. Here is a funny story about myself, since my chin got really short after weight loss, I started this habit of placing only the tip of my top front teeth in on top of the tip of my bottom teeth which gave me vertical length LOL!! so with that being said, if your bite is off, it adds height. Also, sometimes the upper jaw has is long vertically which is why some people have their gums exposed when smiling which gives a longer face. Also, if two-jaw is needed to push your jaw back for any specific reason, then it will give a smaller face affect...think about it...if people get sliding genioplasty to move their chin forward, it creates a longer, fuller affect.

Well i hope this helps, again I am no doctor lol, just gathered this info from my experience and research :]

Wow, yes this procedure is very popular and gives v-line if the bone is the one that is long, but the soft tissue, and plus your cheeks and neck will look so nice!

By the way, I am interest in this clinic and I have no idea how to email them. How were yu able to contact them? Since they sent you this description of the endoscopic surgery in english, does that mean they have an english translator????

Those are great observations. I'm considering this surgery to shorten my face, but don't have any gums showing. Do you know if shortening the upper jaw would cover up the upper teeth too much?

Ever-M claims to use a different- new- cutting technique that minimizes the risks of damaging nerves around the jaw. I'm leaning towards Everm if I decide to do this, which I would do with a zygomatic reductions but am concerned about drooping.

WOW thanks for the valued info :] where did u hear this info from? Can u read korean?

I think i read somewhere on this forum that they do a method that doest have drooping:]

Have u heard any reviews about EverM on Naver?...I wish I could check, but i do not understand korean :[

Hello Paxsky:]

I feel that if ur gums do not show, it is a good thing, but the doctor may need to mess with ur upper and lower teeth attached the jaw. In other words, to achieve a smaller face, I'm guessing the doctor will need to push ur jaw with chin back substantially. Since the lower teeth is obviously attached to ur lower jaw, it would move back a lot too along with the moving back of the chin and lower jaw, so the doctor will need to move those lower teeth as well as well as moving the upper jaw into a position that they would align cause if he didn't u would look like a piranha lol. The moving of the teeth is called ASO (anterior segmental osteotomy)....which is very much commonly done with two-jaw or is part of that surgery.

Hi Madea25, thanks for sharing the email.

Just wonder if anyone in the forum had done 2 jaw surgery in Korea who can confirm how long is the rrasonable time to stay there. I have consulted a few clinics. Some said 2 weeks & some said 1- 2 mth with around the same price. Anyone can advise me? I am still considering if I really want to take the risk to do this surgery

Hi Madea25,

I can understand Korean better than I can read it, especially, technical text, so what I did was use Google translate (copy and pasted into google translate and had it read it to me). I forgot exactly which article is was that talked about the cutting process, but I found it here:

http://www.everm.net/community/data/index.jsp?searchHospitalFK=0&stype=&sval=&reqPageNo=2

I also found their youtube channel, which only has 2 videos so far:
http://www.youtube.com/user/evermdental

Haven't checked out the reviews on Naver. Not sure how to access... If you know the link, please post and I'll try to translate it.

Good Luck!

Hi Madea25,

Thanks for the explanation. It makes perfect sense that if they push back your lower jaw, they have to realign the upper jaw. My concern is that if they move up my upper jaw, less of my top teeth will show and the philtrum (the distance between the nose and upper lips ) will look longer. I guess this is where a live consultation would be useful as everyone's face is different...

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I will go to korea this April to do 2jaw surgery.
I really like everM and AT clinic, but i don't know which is the best for me.
So i will decide when i have face-to-face consultant.
If you have any information about these 2 clinic, please let me know.
Thanks a lot !!!