BeautyHacker

Japanese Plastic Surgery Clinic Translations & Price Conversions

Hmm ya I never really thought about that...I wonder if it would possibly be less than Korean for certain procedures since it doesn't seem as commission based? (in Korea there is such a range for the same procedure by the same clinic just depending on what the consultant offers different clients). Living costs are a lot more expensive in Tokyo versus Seoul but I don't think that should be a main factor in determining where to go for surgery...most patients are only there for a couple days anyways.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm, a couple of days? ... probably more, then again depends on the surgery.
Personally I haven't compared. The eyelid surgeries are a lot more expensive in Japan, from what I see. Again I was looking at the best plastic and reconstructive surgeon possible...

If you read Chinese, I can send you links that discuss good surgeons. If not, I can point you where to look.

I am debating between either going to japan or korea for my ps - do you have any suggestions on which one is a better choice? I honestly more leaning toward japan because i read so many unethical korean ps in here, its scary.. There are only a few japanese ps english website - do you have any personal experience with japanese ps you can share with us? Thanks

• 6 months later...
Hey Everyone,

I had rhinoplasty and eyelid surgery stitch method at verite clinic over 3 years ago with Dr Fukuta as my surgeon. I'm quite satisfied with the results and emailed the clinic asking for quotes for epicanthoplasty, lateral canthoplasty and buccal fat removal procedures:

-Upper blepharoplasty stitch maybe 4 sutures. JPY150000+TAX
-Epicanthoplasty JPY312500+TAX
-Lateral canthoplasty JPY312500+TAX
-Buccal fat removal in the cheeks.JPY375000+TAX
[FONT=&quot](Including nominating Dr. Fukuta fee)[/FONT]
-[FONT=&quot]general anesthesia JPY50000~100000+TAX(depend on operation)[/FONT]

It's a 25% surcharge to have Dr Fukuta as your surgeon... so damn expensive. My experience with Dr Fukuta was good and I wouldn't think twice about going to a different surgeon if his prices were lower. When i asked Dr Fukuta if Verite Clinic offered special discounts for having multiple procedures or if i was to bring a friend who wanted cosmetic surgery he replied with, 'we do not provide our clients with discount because I do not lower my motivation.'

So... has anyone here had an above satisfactory experience with a japanese or taiwanese cosmetic surgeon? Wish clinic in Taipei is my second choice for the above procedures if I can't afford to see Dr Fukuta. But I would prefer to go to a japanese surgeon as i feel their techiniques are more modern, advanced and they have high safety standards.

Please share your experiences and recommendations :smile:

Is this Dr Fukuta the same doc that was rumour to have operated on HK star angelababy?

• 5 weeks later...
Forgot to mention, I don't think I have pm because I haven't posted 10 tines yet >.<
Not sure if u would mind putting the links up publicly?? Or email me?

Hi there, thanks for sharing your experience with verite clinic. I am curious what type of rhinoplasty u had there and how much did it cost?? Was wondering if u would care to share more details?? Myself and a Chinese friend are interested in going to Japan for rhinoplasty and eyes; looking for more information on good surgeons. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Hi karina

My nose job was approx 12000 yen (3000 for glabella, 3000 goretex implant, 6000 ear cartilage tip) excluding tax, anaesthesia and consultation fee. Forgot if there was a surcharge to have Dr fukuta as my surgeon at time. Just google verite clinic, all their prices are on their website.

Really difficult for me to find a reputable jp surgeon since I can't read Chinese or Japanese. Honestly I'm sure there are many skilled plastic surgeons who would only charge a third of what I paid for rhinoplasty in jp. But if you have the money and prefer the look of jp celebrities/models than go to jp. Can't afford to go back to jp so I'm going to see Dr kao in Taipei for revision eyelid surgery and buccal fat removal in June.

Thanks so much for your reply! Much appreciated.
Do u mean 1200000 yen? That would be really expensive! I have heard a friend of a friend who had a nose job done with Dr otake of St Luke international hospital for 300000 yen. Hope this helps. I am hesitating about going there because I googled it and it's a teaching hospital.
Can I ask why u chose goretex? I thought a lot of surgeons no longer use goretex due to the difficulty in the removal. Do u have good effects with the goretex? Does it give you a sharp nose?
Also, can I ask why you're going back for eyelid revision? Are u happy with the primary surgery?
Thanks for sharing :smile:

Ya meant 1200000 yen lol. Um looking back at it now I don't think I did as much research as I should have, I had the operation about 4.5 yrs ago. I had my.procedure straight after consult and during consult he recommended goretex over silicone, I didn't ask about rib cartilage, he might have mentioned it along with the price but I can't remember. Yes goretex does give a sharper look.

I got my eyelids done over 7 yrs ago in shanghai, lids were uneven cuz surgeon did crappy job. Dr fukuta made my lids more even via stitch method. Getting revision in tw cuz I want higher folds.

thanks very much for sharing :smile: