BeautyHacker

Japanese Plastic Surgery Clinic Translations & Price Conversions

There's not as much English information online about Japanese PS as there is Korean, so I would think doing research would be more difficult for non-Japanese/non-Chinese speaking people. Although Korea does have it's problems (unethical practices at some clinics, translators getting commission, etc.), you can find this kind of information online and avoid clinics that do things like this. Also, Japan is extremely expensive to stay in for a short period of time.

It would be great if people with experience would share some information about the general quality of surgery in Japan and Japanese clinics though. Just so those of us who don't know much about it can get a better idea. :smile:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really unfortunate that the prices are so expensive in Japan, especially since I can speak Japanese (can't read but verbal should be enough?) and have friends in Japan that I could maybe stay with for the trip.

• 5 months later...
I live in Tokyo and am looking into getting surgeries in Korea but have considered Japan too, because it would be easier and more cost effective to stay at home.
Even if a Japanese clinic has an English website, it's a hit and miss if they actually have English speaking staff on hand and can actually even communicate with you, which really put me off :/

So I went to Ginza Coquelicot ( http://www.coquelicot.co.jp/e/ ) and Ikeda PS ( http://www.251901.net/en/ ) on my own, because they do have English speakers on staff and the doctors are generally ok with it too.

At Ginza Coquelicot I was asking about a lower face lift and initially the doctor didn't want to do it but after some pressuring, agreed. He quoted 500.000yen. While I was there I also got a hyaluron top up for my nasolobial folds, he used the older way of sticking a bigger/shorter needle into the skin many times, which frankly hurts more than my usual clinics way of doing it so it's just me but that didn't give me the vibe that the place is up to date or very professional.

Ikeda PS is also in Ginza, on certain days they have english speaking staff, Dr. Ikeda can speak ok English too. On their website they quoted 400.000yen for the kind of lift I'm looking for but in person when I asked about it they said a million yen O.O Ummm...no.

Imo just because there's a price on the website, doesn't mean they won't try to jack it up in person.

The clinic I generally go to for regular botox/hyaluron is Shinagawa Cosmetic Surgery ( http://www.shinagawa.com/language/en/ ) BUT the Shinjuku office in 3chome. They usually don't have English speaking staff, though sometimes one of the nurses can understand a bit. There is a female Dr there, I forgot her name, who can speak good English but I personally don't like her because she's very pushy and usually pick one of the guys. I'd like to add that I DON'T speak Japanese but I CAN make a reservation in Japanese and they don't really need me to talk for those simple procedures XD
Now last week I wanted to ask about a face lift and nose job so I dragged a Japanese friend along to translate. I talked to a Korean Dr there, at least I'm pretty sure he's Korean, and the price he quoted for both a lift and nose job was a lot more reasonable BUT still a heck of a lot more expensive than what's on their web site. Prices here can be bargained if you play hardball by a few 100thousand yen.

For me, I'm unwilling to pay more than 450.000yen for a full nose job and even that only because I know mine needs a lot of work and I'm also fussy about not wanting any implants. Back home I can get a perfect nose for even slightly less, so if all else failt I'll have to endure the one day flight and do it there :/ Really hope to find a good Dr with a decent price closer though.

• 1 month later...
thank you so much for this thread!
i absolutely adore japan, have four years japanese education, but haven't even considered them for surgery...

i would really like to get eyelid and jaw contouring done at the same time, are there any clinics like verite that seem to specialize? ^ ^

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Wondering if japan surgery is better then Korea ? Tbh even tho kpop and all i now see Japanese ppl as more attractive ... And their surgery looks better... But I doubt japan sponsors surgery for peopleclol and I am going to get that
(Im new so need to make 5 posts to make topic )