BeautyHacker

Another one bites the dust... Tired of fake reviews/posters!

I saw that the RachelleReis poster's account has been suspended/deactivated by the website for deceptive promotion. That's really too bad, because her pictures were certainly impressive. I actually wrote a post defending her earlier because I figured that not everyone who consents to having his/her photo actually receives free plastic surgery/is under some form of sponsorship. Apparently I was wrong in her case and she was, in fact, sponsored? I think someone posted this earlier, but she is listed as an employee of the hospital(!) in this Facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/smpskoreahospital/posts/1471934973032681

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachelle-M-Reis/382417875180827

Rachelle, if you still read this board, feel free to explain yourself.

Plainly, I am really tired of fake reviews/posters. This is people's health we're talking about. An incompetent doctor or clinic could seriously harm someone (or even kill). There's nothing wrong w/ sharing your experiences, but when I see a CANNED review like:

Day 1: I went to Korea. It was so scary!

Day 2: Had my last meal before surgery. Peace out to my friends and family!

Day 3: So swollen...

Day 10: Cast off!

One month: I'm gorgeous now!

It really insults one's intelligence. If you want to review a place, please be honest and don't just write a canned review.

*I still stand by my statement that not everyone in the before/afters is sponsored, though. My primary eyelid surgery was featured on my American surgeon's website several years ago and I never received payment for it. However, when you read these pre-formatted reviews, it's pretty clear what's going on...

I didn't want to comment in her topic but some of her photos were also clearly photoshopped and it was odd how much she kept pasting her blog's url in random threads but it all makes sense now.

Whoa, I couldn't see they were photoshopped though. But I must admit she really looks good after, good to the point of envy, lol. But her promotional tactics were really obvious though.

Only some of the shots were photoshopped around the cheek area but to be fair there were other shots that looked legit and her transformation was definitely massive.

Wahahaha my suspicions confirmed! From her Google link she indicated tt she is Msian/lives in M'sia. Correct me if I'm wrong, but English-educated m'sians can't possibly use such broken English; her English is clearly too basic for her age. Her eyes also look very weird from the epi and some pictures were definitely weird and photoshopped.

I was impressed with her pics at first but the clinic website has no decent 'transformation' other than hers. Definitely blacklist this clinic.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1385945781.535216.jpg

Obvious one is the hair! Next is the bug-like eyes. Screams of fake to me.

I saw a YouTube video of an American teacher about culture in Korea and she says that Photoshop is a must even for company ID pictures. Photoshop for touch-ups like hair color, blemishes are fine but not fakes.

Yep -- if you look at her facebook profile/background pic, they took out WAY too much fat on her face and now she has to photoshop her fat back in. I can't really judge her or her doctors, though -- as someone who has too much fat on my face, I understand how it goes -- it's hard to get a nice medium!