BeautyHacker

Seeking your opinions on plastic surgery project!

Hi all,

I researched this forum in-depth when I was looking to get a nose job & revision eyelid surgery, and I found many posts and posters to be extremely helpful. Although my surgeries didn't go perfectly (as some of you already know, I was not very pleased with my eye doctor), I am still really grateful for the work they did on my nose. It's seriously life-changing and I no longer feel paranoid or insecure about my looks.

I am now thinking about doing a project to pay it forward. I read this article today (and watched all 6 of their videos), and I was very moved by its content: http://www.today.com/health/girl-big-nose-bullied-teens-seek-free-plastic-surgery-nyc-2D11851011

I'm not rich at all, but I have decided to start a savings fund to sponsor an underprivileged person to fix something that really, really bothers him/her. I hope to sponsor someone in December of 2014. My question is: do you think the project should be used for an American doctor, or a Korean doctor? There were so many things I disliked about my Korea experience (poor clinical practices at the hospital, non-existent after-care, long plane ride, language barrier, etc.); however, I also know that Korean doctors are AMAZING at transforming features that American doctors normally consider "hopeless."

What do you all think?

The Little Baby Face Foundation (the organization from the newspaper article)? Their app is here: http://www.littlebabyface.org/index.php/apply/

I think they require the person (who has to be under 18) to have something beyond a minor cosmetic flaw (i.e. in the video, they did not select the guy who simply wanted a more angular chin, but they did select the girl with the huge nose who got bullied all the time, etc.).

If you're asking about my project? I haven't decided what I'm going to use as my own criteria yet.

I think this is a great idea. However, a few things has to be determined first:

1. There need to be a committee to decide who get the PS fund not just one person. Conflict of interested.
2. Who hold the funds (if the fund sit in an account, who's name is it under?).
3. How do you raise money? Advertisement? Website? Etc.
4. Need to establish trust with a well known organization already. People aren't willing to just donate their hard earned money to just anyone.

Again, good idea but need more details.