BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery, Epi, Lateral - Master Thread

Which clinics do you consider for your rhino revision?:smile:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, yeah sure we can do that. If you have Kakao you can give me your username and i'll add you.

Hello,

I just want to share my first ever plastic surgery experience. I'm always concerned with my small eyes and even though I'm scarred of hospitals and needles I mustered up all my courage and I decided to change my look. I always heard that plastic surgery in Korea is pretty nice and cheap compared to Singapore. So I thought I wanted to go to Korea for surgery and travel (killing two birds with 1 stone lol) Who knows, I might as well meet my prince charming Lee Minho on the street ;) Anyway I researched a lot about eye surgery and plastic surgery clinics in Korea until one day I found a blogger who had great experience with docfinder. After exchanging consultation emails I finally decided and went to Korea last month. They gave me several clinic options but finally I decided to choose ID hospital. I had consultation with Dr. Hwang and he said I need epicantoplasty, incision double eyelid surgery with ptosis correction. I had the consultation with Dr. Hwang and surgery appointment on the same day! To tell you the truth, I feel very nervous when they asked me to change my clothes and prepare for surgery. I thought "this is it!" I was cold-sweating but the nurse was very kind, she held my hand as she took me to the surgery room. After that actually I only remember I'm getting sleepy and then the next thing I know Dr. Hwang wake me up and asked me to open and close my eyes and then I sleep some more. When I wake up I was told that pumpkin juice will help with my swelling and so docfinder helped me to get my medication and pumpkin juice. I only feel slightly dizzy but no major pain at all. After a week I got my stitches removed and my eyes wasn't bruising anymore, but still a little bit swollen. In my experience though, stitch removal is to most painful lol Anything is not painful except my last day haha So they encouraged me to continue walking around while drinking lots of water to quickly reduce my swelling. Overall I feel good and to all hospital haters: actually plastic surgery is not that bad, not that bad at all.

Hi Jamie, how was your trip? I read that you were considering Opera previously. Did you manage to do any consultation with them? :smile:

I'm not trying for the surprise look but it's because my eyes are uneven. The people said I should get a ptosis. I feel like i only need it in one eye though lol, not sure if they can just do one and not the other. I don't want to move up my eyes anymore (other then my left eye to correct my lazy eye cause the previous doctor messed up my double eyelid... :sad: ). But then they suggested a bunch of other things. I talked mainly to Cinderella and Wonjin. I'm leaning more toward Wonjin and they said they need to see me first before deciding if they are going to do all the surgeries or not.

Hi
Can I kakao message you ?
Thanks

Quick question, is it normal to have some "wetness" or oil stuck at the wound area after DES?

I did my surgery about 1.5 wks back, incisional.. According to my consultant I can already wash my face with warm water and I do that lightly, and she also said theres no need for me to apply any ointment on the wound, any cream should be applied one more week later.

Oh I'm naturally having oily skin so could it just be natural oils - will that pose a big problem leading to infection ?

Many thanks to anyone who can help me with this :smile:

hey there, I think slight oil secretion or "wetness" is to be expected on an incision site/wound area and it should be nothing to be alarmed over :smile: Your body probably recognises that its undergone some form of 'trauma' therefore it is probably over-compensating by producing a slightly excessive amount of oil. At 1.5 weeks your incision is still fairly fresh, hopefully you should see a reduction in oil-secretion from the incision site at about the 3-4 week mark. Hope that helps!

hi i am going next month,for eyelid revision surgery ,i m goiing to jw

That's gd to hear, thanks !

Patiently waiting for my eyelids to de-swell and see the more natural look.

Interestingly though, my doc recommended I only needed to do DES without epi or cutting of the sides..

If you have significant epicanthal folds, make sure you get a second opinion. Better to do epi if you are getting larger creases :smile:.

Hm that day I went to 3 docs who didn't recommend canthoplasty or epi so I didnt go for them.. On another hand I wonder how they determined if I need it.. Another few clinics told me to get epi when I consulted them over email with my pictures