BeautyHacker

Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea ***read 1st post before posting***

Hey Jillyqueen, what search terms are you using when you search in Korean?
I'm actually a member of the Korean feko forum (another ps forum) and no one I've asked has ever mentioned Teuim for eyes... And when I search for eye surgery, Teuim doesn't come up. When you search for medial epicanthoplasty (ahp teuim) then of course Teuim pops up since that's in the name... But when you search for ssanggupurl soosul, nothing.

Also, all of the news stories I find on Naver News seem more like PR stuff, nothing like: "This surgeon developed an amazing technique for plastic surgery! S/He's the best in all of Korea!!!" If you've got some helpful search terms, please share :smile:

Well, regardless... I won't be putting Teuim on my list since they specialize in eyes and I need a place that can do all things pretty well. I'm actually thinking of consulting Dream since KCouture has been a very strong advocate of their ps skills and a few others.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also if u just google eyelid surgery. Won't the names of those unscrupulous big clinics like Wonjin pop up first? Since they handle a larger volume of patients, are cheaper generally, and invest more heavily on advertisements?
Cause this was what I got and I almost went for my surgery with them..

About your mention on "this surgeon dev a new technique for eyelid surgery"-> I saw an article on that too. About Dr Kwons new epi method...

Uhh... I hope you know you wrote kwan bong shik, not kwon bong shik...

I read the section on Dr. Kwon. He seems like a real guy, "sometimes I need a glass (of alcohol) to forget the tough days." lols, I can relate. hahaha

And i don't think you understood my original comment about articles that purport "This surgeon developed an amazing technique for plastic surgery! S/He's the best in all of Korea!!!"

What I said was that there are no such articles. Even this article doesn't say that he's the best. Just that he has focused on doing eye surgery because (in his words) "it was the most fun." I don't think it's appropriate to label any doctor as "best surgeon in Korea," as though it's a fact since many people rely on our comments as a part of their research. :/

Anyway, I'm not saying Dr. Kwon isn't a great eye doctor. Just that Teuim specializes in eyes, so I wouldn't go there come december since I don't have the time to go to multiple clinics for all of my procedures. :/

Oh, and just wondering... Did you get your eyes done by Dr. Kwon? Or are you planning to do surgery soon? What's your situation?

And no I don't just google 쌍꺼풀수술. I go on Naver and search for personal blogs by regular Korean people who want to share their ps experience with the internet and read about where they got their surgeries and look at their photos. the Korean forum, feko is also helpful in that way. But people generally just post before/after without talking about their experiences as they do on PF, which is why I'm here reading people's review :3

Oh yes haha sorry for the typo on Kwon. Phone autocorrected

I already had my eyelid surgery with Dr kwon. Currently at day 58 and I quite like the results so far.

I am NOT a promoter of teuim btw Just that I really almost got into wrong hands (paid a 700 deposit with Wonjin) but a forumner here was kind enough to warn me against it. And she also sent me pics of her botched result. The reason I'm still here is to do the same and help others.

Hi everyone, I am looking to go to korea in September for sliding genioplasty/v-line, rhinoplasty, and facial liposuction, does anyone want to come along to save on lodging,transportation and group discount? please PM me.

Ohhhh I read about your situation on this forum! I just can't keep the stories and usernames straight. hahaha.
And I didn't think you were a promoter. Just a diehard fan of Dr. Kwon. He has quite the reputation on these forums...

What kind of eye surgery did you get done? did you do medial epi and later canthoplasty? non/incisional? ptosis correction?

Some online consults are saying i need ptosis correction others are saying no.. Ugh. I can't wait 'til december when I finally can lay all my pre-ps anxiety to rest. Then I can start worrying about my final results. Hahahaa

If I PM you, would you mind sharing your b/a photos with me? If that's the only thing you did, I'd like to see how much of an impact it's had on your overall look/facial impression.

BTW, when I was in Korea back in 2012, I met a ton of forumers who went to ID, BK, Wonjin and a few other places I don't remember... But the girl who did her eyes at wonjin turned out really pretty. Not defending wonjin here since they're so cheap, I'm skeptical about them myself... But just saying that I think any surgeon can have good and bad results. They're not gods, sometimes they can be tired or forget something and make a mistake. And as far as I'm concerned that risk is with ANY doctor.

Did you know, lots of Korean girls choose not to go with the 원장 (head surgeon) because they know they're in high demand and too busy to give them the proper attention? There's a lot of things to consider when you're trying to figuring out who to trust your face with D:

I'm one of the very few guys on here but still find the information posted really useful.

I'll be going to Seoul in the second week of October for nine days to have the following procedures:

- Alloderm love band surgery, forehead fat graft, alar base adjustment and chin augmentation (implant) at Grand.
- Lipt lift at AOne

I had rhinoplasty about six years ago and first started using fillers then too, but this is definitely the biggest batch of surgery I've ever (and will ever) go through. Would be great to know if anyone else is headed over at that time!

What u said about the dr not being god is totally true.. Cause all good doctors I read about seem to have a few patients who go back to them for revisions.
But u see the patients went back to them. So the trust is still there... XD

Thanks for the heads up! You guys are going on 13th of September? Which clinic and doctor are you going with? And what procedures?