BeautyHacker

Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea ***read 1st post before posting***

The area under your lips is excessive because of your protruding mouth (both jaws are too far forward). To correct this you will need to either have jaw surgery to push both upper and lower jaws back or have anterior segmental osteotomy (ASO aka protruding mouth surgery). Jaw surgery can correct mild cases of protrusion with a maximum of 4-5 mm of posterior movement. ASO is for severe cases of protrusion and often performed in conjunction with jaw surgery. For ASO the surgeon will extract 4 premolars, cut out the accompanying gum, and push your front teeth back. When performed alone it is much less intensive than jaw surgery with a much shorter recovery time. The problem with ASO is that there will still be some space left from where the teeth were extracted which requires braces to close. If your teeth and bite are already correct as you say then jaw surgery might be more suitable because braces aren't needed.

As I already mentioned you would really benefit from either sliding genioplasty or a chin implant. Either procedure will bring balance to your face as you have a weak chin. Genioplasty is more suitable if you want to shorten your lower face because the surgeon can cut out excessive bone. But in your case you shouldn't shorten the chin.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think it is best to turn up at plastic surgery centres and ask their opinion on what
would be best, or go in there and tell them what procedures you want.
I'm worried if I ask them what is best they will just state the most expensive procedures,
just so they can get more money.

I am aware of the prices for two jaw surgery, but do you have a rough estimate for ASO
and the other two? I have looked for ASO before but can't really find much on it.
Also, I will be in Seoul for 4 weeks, is that enough time to recover?

Thank you

You certainly don't want to be clueless before going to Seoul--it's your face and money. I know it's been repeated ad nauseam on these boards but please research the procedures, clinics, and surgeons before going under the knife. Use these forums, Realself, and google. It would also be prudent to get opinions from maxillofacial and plastic surgeons in the UK. Educating yourself is time well spent.

Once you have done some research you can try sending emails to your shortlisted clinics to get a quote. I would expect a chin implant to cost 3-5 million won and genioplasty 5-6 million. ASO around 7 million but then you have to consider braces post surgery.

For jaw surgery you must stay in Korea for one month to recover.

I guess everyone should avoid the FaceLine now. I never heard of this clinic and they were never on my list but just in case they were on anyone's list. Please be careful and do your research about the clinic you decided on before paying your deposit.

http://news.yahoo.com/chinese-cosmetic-tourists-reap-regret-south-korea-082312703.html

Thanks Numi for providing the link! The comments left on the article was an interesting read.

edit: whoaaaa I'm seeing a lot of trends with articles like these where these patients expect to come out looking like celebrities...

you do not need 2 jaw, you just have a week chin. You definitely need either sliding geniplsty or a chin implant,that should balance out your face. Your lucky u do not need 2 jaw, it is painful. As to your lower lip, I think it's sexy to have a larger lower lip and thinner upper lip. I think you are fine in that area

WOW. That's pretty scary.

And 1/3 of the cost goes to pay brokers... O.O I'm telling you guys, don't tell other people where you're going to consult. If you do share, don't tell anyone your real name or actual consultation dates.

Thank you for all the information.

I will think it over and get other consultations :smile:

Thanks for your advice. It's true I dont want to go through jaw surgery if possible.

I think a chin implant would be the best option because genioplasty will
bring my chin forward and lengthen it,making my face look longer, which I want to avoid.

What do you think?

let me out is right, research everything about the procedure you want and do multiple consultations through email before you decide to do this. It took me two years of research and reading every single page on this forum and others before I made it to Korea. Please be safe and I wish you the best

yar the ladies are right. You don't have a significant overbite or anything right? So a chin implant for you would suffice.

Btw makeover u look so good in your profile!

Hi there mhaddock!

It seems like you have a slight underbite.

If you're looking for quick results, your only option is 2-jaw surgery. If you really plan to avoid 2-jaw surgery at all costs, I highly recommend braces.

A lip reduction isn't needed since this seems like a problem that has to do with the alignment of your jaw/teeth.

If you're worried about having a long face, you have a few options I can suggest.

1. Jaw implant + chin implant or filler

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Philtrum reduction (I made a thread on this) + chin implant or filler

[​IMG][​IMG]

Hi Guys.

I am planning to do a general face surgery (full face makeover) in Korea in some years. I want to do a eyelid surgery, chin implant, cheek implant, forehead lift and maybe a jaw surgery and eyebrow surgery.

But before i go to Korea for consultation i want to do a research of the clinics in Seoul. I want to know witch plastic surgery clinics or hospitals i need to avoid. Witch clinics do you recommend? Can you please post a list of recommended and blacklisted clinics and hospitals in Seoul? Do the plastic surgeons and the people that works in the clinics speak English?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

These questions are the most commonly asked around here and they have been answered many times before. You should spend time reading through all of the posts and you will find the information you seek.

Thanks for the answer. I will read through all of the posts in this thread to find witch plastic surgery clinics or hospitals i should avoid and witch ones that are recommended. :smile:

Do anyone know if you can remove the implants if the procedure went horribly wrong?

I know that rhinoplasty are permanent so you can't go back to your original nose shape if something goes wrong, because it is hard to change back the bone structure in the nose, especially the nose tip. I will not risk my nose by doing it in Korea, so i will do a nose job in my own country to be on the safe side, even if it a lot more expensive than in Korea.

Can you remove the implant if you have done a forehead lift, eyebrow lift, eyelid surgery, cheek implant, chin implant or a jaw surgery (double jaw surgery)?

The article you refers to also mention that the chinese patients that had their surgeries at the Beauty Clinic was not happy at all with their procedures, because they went horribly wrong. I think we should avoid both FaceLine and Beauty Clinic.