BeautyHacker

Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea ***read 1st post before posting***

MJitsu, thanks for sharing! Did you get / ask for closed or open surgery?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow I'll be on a plane heading to Korea...cannot believe it's actually happening. Excited but really nervous at the same time.

Just found out my flight got delayed so I have to change my consultations from Monday to Tuesday. Waiting to hear back from them is making me so nervous I hope it doesn't screw everything up :wacko:

Well, I'm going back because I'm not satisfied with the result of my tiplasty. At the time I did my surgery I told Dr. Suh that I wanted a very natural result with minor changes. And at first I was very pleased with my results. But my nose very slowly shifted back to its original shape and within a year i couldn't tell my before and after photos apart TT_TT

It would have been different if I had gotten an implant, but with just tiplasty it's hard to get really any significant changes. So this time, I want to do alarplasty and tip revision.

Dr. Suh from JW offered me a free tiplasty revision, but I only have about 8 days in Korea and I want to get my nose redone, eyes and fat graft. Problem is for these surgeries you have to do eyes first, followed by nose and then fat graft last. And with only 8 days in Korea, I don't have time to do my surgeries separately and I don't necessarily want to do everything at JW either since they seem to well known only for nose. And since I've already tried doing my nose with him, I'm a little concerned the results might end up the same. :/

Anyway, right now, I'm just trying to figure out where to go for all three procedures. :smile:

If you are considering JW for nose, I say go ahead and consult with them! Dr. Suh is really nice and seeing as how he was willing to offer me a free revision, when things don't go as planned, I think he's a very trustworthy doctor. Plenty of girls on PF have experienced lovely results after going to Dr. Suh so I'm sure you'll be happy too :smile: My problem is I told him I wanted a "natural, natural, hardly noticeable" nose job, and that's (unfortunately) exactly what I got. Haha TT_TT

GWAHHH! How exciting! Do keep us informed!

Where you consult, how they go and where you choose to do your surgeries! :biggrin:

Safe flight and good luck!

Actually, that's what he told me too, but I'm planning on getting it done this December anyway. Just a little bit since my nose looks very wide right now. And there's this Korean celebrity named Yoon So Hee with a wide round face, and I think she's still pretty :smile: If you google her, she never takes full front facing photos. And they will photoshop her face to look slimmer. So in dramas her face looks so much larger than in her photos, but like I said--still pretty :smile:

I'll be in Korea around Christmas time since that's when we get a chunk of time off at work in the US. I'm not looking for someone to share a room with or anything, but I'd be totally down to meet up! Recovery is lonely and depressing, especially the first few days after surgery. But if you're getting all of that done, you really should go with someone who can take care of you.. :\ vline is not a joke. Especially if you're doing rhino simultaneously...

Hey kkim, can you tell me more about your tiplasty? What do you mean shifting back to original shape? Do you mean your lengthen nose tip trying to pull upward?

I've been doing research on JW's method, and from the website, it says "After rearranging the cartilage, the stretched skin becomes tight and tries to return cartilage to the original position. There has to be another operation controlling this tendency and maintaining its shape." If that's true, your situation shouldn't be happening. (See picture)

I'm looking to have slight lengthening with cartilage and don't want to have silicone implant if possible. But is it common for it to shift back to it's original position?

Kkim I wouldn't choose a clinic for the sake of "convenience". The doctors skill is still the most important and I would still want the best in each area...
Just my 2 cents.:smile:

For Dr Suh, is he the best in Seoul for noses? Like how dr Kwon is for eyes?

Hmm... I don't know how you got the impression that I'm choosing my clinic based on convenience, but that's certainly not the case.

And I wouldn't say Dr. Suh is "best in Seoul for noses." I wouldn't say that about Dr. Kwon and eyes either. It's not that simple. There are over 400 plastic surgery clinics in Gangnam alone. It's impossible to make that call. But JW is popular on THIS forum for nose and Teuim with Dr. Kwon is popular here for eyes. It doesn't mean they're the best since many of the people here don't speak Korean and can only find clinics based on reviews here or google searches in English or Chinese--meaning they'll only find clinics that market to foreigners.

That's interesting. I don't know how it happens, but I was talking to another forumer on kakao who experienced a similar thing at a different clinic.

Originally I had my columella pulled down so that I had a more elongated nose, but it went back up and the front of my nose and nostrils are all the same level. (does that make sense?)

That's why I want to do alarplasty with my tip revision. Hopefully for more permanent and significant results :smile:

Thanks Kkim, I'm asking this coz I though most rhinoplasty surgeons are adopting this method: http://koreanplastisurgery.blogspot.kr/2014/07/korean-rhinoplasty-at-april31-ps-clinic_21.html

According to Dr Kim in the Youtube, this method can prevent your nasal tip from moving upwards. I checked JW's methodology and believe they are using this method as well. Do you think this is a new method AFTER you've done your surgery? Or was Dr Suh already using this method on you?

Sorry I had that impression when u mentioned u wanted everything done at one clinic :P And just wanted u to know that teuim IS famous even amongst Koreans. I googled in korean too before my surgery and found out they were featured in a korean magazine showing the best surgeons in each field. They also appeared on a korean tv program and this vid can b found in AT's website:smile:

My tip didn't move upwards or anything. The collumella that Dr. Suh had pulled down just went back to looking as it did before surgery.

And while I know he used septal cartilage for my tip... that's all I know about he details of my procedure. :/ Anyway, that's why when people ask me about ps, I always tell them, have certain and realistic expectations of the results you want. Cause what I thought I wanted wasn't exactly what I wanted... :sad:

I hope that helps :smile: