BeautyHacker

FYI jaw surgery - Shin Hyon-Ho, a medical malpractice lawyer in Seoul

Found this in NYPost dated circa March 2014
"Some 52 percent of those who had taken the surgery suffered sensory problems such as facial numbness, the study said.

Seoul's consumer protection agency saw the number of registered complaints surge from 29 in 2010 to 89 last year, though many more cases of post-operative problems are believed to go unreported.

"My mouth keeps moving leftward and the jaw area has gone numb," wrote one user of a medical consumer online forum, showing photos of her skewed mouth.

"I can't even feel when saliva keeps dripping out of my mouth," she said.

Last August, a 23-year-old college who underwent double-jaw surgery killed herself. She left a suicide note explaining her desperation after the surgery left her unable to chew food or stop crying due to nerve damage in a tear duct.

Shin Hyon-Ho, a medical malpractice lawyer in Seoul, said he had seen cases where the surgery had resulted in chronic jaw pain, a skewed mouth, misaligned teeth and an inability to chew or smile.

"The number of plastic surgery-related cases is growing ... with complications becoming more serious," Shin said."

This is one of the evidence for why two-jaw surgery is not for everyone. It's probably the most complicated surgery for plastic surgery and if it is absolutely neccessary for you, then please spend more time researching and choosing the right surgeon.
It's all about choosing the surgeon but not the clinic.

This is an important post. I think we all get so engrossed about surgery and positive results that we sometimes don't think about the potential risks because we think it can't happen to us. I'm sad to hear about the college student that committed suicide; to go that extreme is such a sad thing.

• 1 month later...
just so you know,if you are doing a v-line or square jaw reduction, so long as what you are doing is not double jaw, the risk of nerve injury will be reduced quite a bit... that being said, as long as it is a jaw surgery, i believe you will be put under GA and the risk of GA exists irregardless of the complexity of the surgery itself.

• 3 weeks later...
Guys, when it comes to hardcore orthopedic plastic procedures such as jaw surgery, please ENSURE that ur board certified plastic surgeon (not cosmetic) is also board certified in Facial/maxillofacial plastic surgery as well. If u can't find any evidence of this board certification, move on. Safety first everyone! Be prepared to pay for the surgeon's dual qualification.