BeautyHacker

Accommodation and Preparing for PS Seoul!

Hi Anna85,

I saw all these supplements being sold in iherb.com

The prices are really reasonable as well!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i got my nose job i could not wear glasses for 2 months. Everytime i put on can feel like alot of pressure. Not pain but very uncomfortable. I think better use contact lense and play safe scully something happen to your nose then need to do surgery again

Moreen, did you look weirdly bruised 2 weeks after your rhinoplasty?
I have to go back to work 10 days post op. I was thinking that i'd wear glasses to hide the bruises on my nose but apparently i can't :sad:

Hey, I reckon I might use my MASTERCARD debit card, I've never had a credit card so transaction might get rejected if it's over $10,000, but the clinic told me they use credit card. I thought debit and credit cards were the same except with debit your using your own cash.
So now I'm wandering
Can I use my debit card in place of a credit card?
Is there a limit on single transactions for debit cards (10,000+)?

don't have bruise after 2 weeks but my nose still look swollen. maybe if got bruise still can put make up to cover but better not use glasses

Another tip: try to find a hotel within walking distance to a subway station on the same subway line as your clinic. Although taxis are cheap, not all drivers speak English, or know their way around, so sometimes hopping on the subway is the best way to get around (barring grumpy ahjummas!)
Being on the same subway line helps you avoid annoying treks across crowded subway stations for transfers.

Garusogil (walking distance from Sinsa) is a really nice area to walk around and shop during recovery, cos it's further from the crowded madness that's Myeongdong, and has lots of nice little cafes to rest and have coffee in.

Some people tell me in korea very normal to walk around with swollen face and bandage and people no stare at you. I feel awkward if people keep looking at me but then i also don't want to hide inside hotel all the time

Don't you think that it's too difficult to walk from subway station to clinics, since all the roads' name are written in hangul? Even big ones like Dream, April 31 are not so far from some exits?
I don't worry about the subway system (I have practically the same system in Paris) but i'm soo bad at orientation lol

Vitalic,
So I followed your advices, I downloaded Daum maps but it's 100% in korean! How could you learn hangul in about 2 hours? lol
I have one question for those who used Google maps in Seoul: is it English version or korean version? I tried it by copying some clinics' address on Google maps' website (with romanian chacracters) and it didn't work at all! :sad:

Hiya Anna! I didn't have any trouble finding clinics via subway (tip: ask clinics for subway exit # when you're making your appointments). Most clinics I went to were very near the exits specified and they had obvious signage (mostly in English -I can't read Hangul!).

There's a subway app by Jihachul, which I found very helpful in navigating the system (has both romanized and Hangul characters). I'm sure you'll have no problems navigating subway!

Reason why I avoided cabs is cos the drivers kept getting lost, and I hear they sometimes drop you off at random places when they can't find your destination. In that respect, I found subways more predictable.

Thanks Lanvinfield for your advices! You're so nice!
I'll try to figure it out, but you know my problem is that i'm sooo bad at orientation. I can take the right exit but I don't know which direction I should follow afterward lol. I've already prepared clinics' address in korean in order to copy - paste on Daum maps, hope it works! ^^

Hi Anna, it's my pleasure! Google maps works ok in Seoul too (I know it has a reputation for not working well there somehow). Remember to save the consultants kakao contacts on your account so you can contact them if you're running late or get lost on the way. Good luck with your consultations, hope they go well!!!