BeautyHacker

My plastic surgery with Dream Medical Group

always make an appointment in advance. Why wouldn't you when you are paying for a plane ticket to seoul? Its not logical to take the chance at a walk in because the surgeon may be too booked up with surgeries and consultations. If you can't end up seeing the surgeon because you don't send a simple e-mail or make a phone call to book you pretty much wasted all your money on the plane ticket.

i stayed at the imperial palace. Its a 5 star hotel that when you book through Dream, you get a 50% discount or so. So you end up paying only around 150 USD a night. Not just Dream but most surgical clinics will have a list of hotels they are affiliated with who, if you book your hotel through the clinic you will get a discount.

No need translator. Highly unnecessary because you never ever should pick a surgeon who you cannot directly communicate with. Beauty is subjective, your expectations are subjective. You cannot rely on a translator's interpretation of your ideals to someone else as they may not be accurate. There are many surgeon who speak good english in Seoul who are perfectly skilled at surgery. You basically have a wide selection of surgeons in Seoul given the size of the industry.

I have no idea how to get there from the airport. Their driver picked me up. I actually don't know my way around seoul because taxi is cheap lol. Well.....compared to Australia anyway....so i just taxi all over the place. All i know is that Dream is in gangnam. If you get the shuttle bus or train to sinsadong station a taxi from there would cost like 5 dollars.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K couture
I read that silicon placed under the muscle/periosteum will create a capsule too. Which is what I suspected, cause periosteum/muscle facia is even denser connective tissue, that should form a capsule when coming in contact with an implant, which is good though because the implant now coming in direct contact with the nasal bone with lead to the laters absorption, without a thick capsular formation to protect it.
I'm a bit confused, does this still mean that this method will not lead to contracture/infection. An infection requires immediate implant removal to avoid contracture, but when removed but not replaced by something else, will lead to contracture too. Errr.

so i spoke to dr mendelson and he said that the structure of the periosteum allows for only minimal capsule formation. So slight that it is insignificant. This is not only because of the periosteum's structure, but also due to the fact that when placed above the bone only the top part will have capsule formation. This method also uses the periosteum to protect and firmly hold down the implant. If you consider minimal capsule formation from the periosteum only above the implant plus its ability to firmly hold the implant in place, i believe this method is very viable. Oh and he also said removing an implant and not replacing it does not cause contracture. The empty pocket merely heals itself through a partial scar tissue.

the absorption you mentioned is not applicable when ultra soft silicone is used because silicone does not get absorbed by the body.

Regarding infection, any implant can give you an infection, even your own cartilage. Its just that the chances are much slimmer. For the ultra soft silicone method that dr park uses, the chances of infection are slim too because of the protection by the periosteum. The silicone is also very soft and thus does not put much of pressure on your tissue like a hard silicone would. To note is that the pressure an implant places on your tissue is one of the primary causes of infections. I mean, if my nose which was so damaged and thin from extrusion could handle the ultra soft i don't see how someone who hasn't sustained damage could get an infection.

K, I read here somewhere that if your skin is thick, u cant use soft silicon since it will depress the silicon hence the height of the nose u wanted might be affected?

Also, how much is the consultation fee for Dr. Mendelson, let say would it be possible that before i go to korean for PS i can pay Dr.M a visit first for some advise?

Thanks

I don't know how much it is sorry. He never charges me because im a previous patient of his.

With regards to the ultra soft silicone i heard that too actually. I think this might explain why the ultra soft comes in a different shape to the soft silicone and the hard silicone. The ultra soft is sort of like an I shape but with more volume. Its hard to explain if i can't show you. But i do know the method used for ultra soft can be used with the soft silicone too. Difference is one is more spongey while one is more like rubber. Best to consult your surgeon about them as most who use ultra soft also uses soft.

K,

I am seriously considering Dream for rhino. Problem is, I want to get my eyes done and I haven't found any positive eyelid surgery reviews for them (just one negative on a different forum). I'm short on time and funds, so I can't jet back and forth for procedures. It's gotta be all in one trip. Do you think it's a bad idea to have rhino done at Dream and then eyes done at another clinic the next day? You have said that you experienced very minimal bleeding and discomfort.

Hi k couture !
Thanks so much for your reply.
I just plan to get the consultation first to get the price and etc while am on my long layover flight in korea in aug but I plan to get my surgery next year :smile:

One more question ... I read one of your threads.. You got a chin revision with hydroxyapatite by Doctor mendelson right... Your chin looks natural? I use to have the silicone chin implant 3 times . It looked so thick and fake and it didnt go along well with my face :sad: .. So i decided to remove it last year.. Now i got some scar tissue from many chin surgeries . i feel ive got a bit longer chin . Im interested in hydroxyapatite..but pretty scared ...

Need advice .. Thank you so much :smile:

I'm so grateful (tears), you answer most of my concerns in one shot.

Sorry for the long reply, but I just really want to say things out, maybe someone may find this useful, maybe?

It is true that the periosteum acts as an bacterial barrier, that I have read

Just a note, it's good that minimal capsule forms this way, because the long term infection (not immediate infection, that u can get from any surgery, even from a cut, but like a few yrs down the line) is due to bio film (capsule) which like a net taps and harbour bacterial, antibiotic can help if the bacterial has penetrated that net.

Err.. I'm just a student, I wonder if there are plastic surgeons who are getting something done themselves, I wonder what they would say about this.... Is there a doctor here, we need a doctor! Hehe :smile:

Too be honest, I think the more I read, the more I feel like rhinoplasty is one of the worst plastic surgeries out there, the revision rate is so high, every time I look at the contracted noses, it gives me the creep (L silicon, but still...)

I feel kinda sad to know that even cartilage can lead to long term infection (still don't understand why tho? graft is different from implant, it's should act like the surrounding tissue, and should be under antibiotic control), so there is no 100% safe land, but happy to know that the newer method of silicon implant insertion is safer than before.

Oh well, at least I'm lucky enough that I've got so many good pp. here, doing this together, thank u!

Allow me to post a picture of my present nose, pls, I feel like I really need pp. to tell me what they think, looking from my nose u would think I'm 6, it's not fun! Also note that the lighting is good, so it doesn't look horribly wrong...

K, may I ask what do u think of my nose, skin thickness and stuff, I would love to hear ur opinion, pls. :smile:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1401840131.966030.jpg

I would not do this if I don't really hate my nose, and forehead (I'm getting fat graft).

I have seen some pp with real nice noses getting it done, they look amazing afterward BTW, but should I have anything like that, I won't even bother.

For me, the nostrils are showing so much, and so upturned from the side view, it's almost comparable to a contracted nose. I was really set on the idea of rib because even some doctors who does both suggested rib because they don't think I will get significant change from ear and septa alone. Most of the B and As prove that, the difference is so minimal I had to look real heard to see the difference. I don't mind if my nose get bigger, should I describe my present nose, it's like 3 size smaller for my face. Then VIP suggested silicon, hehe, so confused.

I'm going to consult with VIP, since I've already booked it, he is a board certificate, but his university seems to be a no-place
I'm going to consult with drs. who do great jobs at nasal lengthening, and ask for their advise.
I'm going to drs. who do both silicon and rib, and ask if it's possible to not use rib
I am not leaning to much toward dream, though I'm having a consultation with them, dr. Parks other results are good, but his short nose correction is so so. It's just for my personal consideration.

I find that's the best that I can do, reading reviews are important, but, I don't know, I feel like even with that I will still be judging a book by its cover. Like someone said, a surgeon that does 1000 noses per yr. even if he screw up 90%, there will still be 100 happy patients out there.

As long as they don't make my nose any fatter, and does lengthen the nasal tip with some nice dorsal augmentation, I'm a happy girl, provided I don't get complications down the way. (fingers crossed)

You will look very beautiful after lengthen your nose for sure.

hydroxy granules is a very good material and feels 100% natural. As in, you don't feel a thing at all lol. If it was suitable for nose implants i would totally use it but sadly its not. For chin it can be done but the incision must be through underneath and not intra orally. After that kenacort is administered to prevent and remove any scarring. I can't tell you who else besides Dr Mendelson can perform it because this technique requires alot of skill and few surgeons are trained in it. While Dr Mendelson actually pioneered the use of coral for facial contouring. I think he actually recently gave a seminar about using hydroxy granules for the chin area. But you should note that Dr Mendelson is really expensive, in part because he is one of the most renowned surgeons in the world but also because surgeon in Australia is just very pricey even compared to the US.

Oh and PS i didn't realize this until i spoke to Dr Mendelson yesterday but it turns out that i did actually have paranasal surgery done lol. But it wasn't done using silicone but rather as part of the process for the concentric malar lift + hydroxyappatite. I always wondered why my creases had disappared after the surgery and i guess that explains it lol. But this should give you an example of how natural it is as often paranasal implants feel uncomfortable but yet i didn't even have any idea i had the procedure done all these years haha

Yeah i am aware of the negative review you read. It was a rather vague one that had no follow up. As in all the person said was "don't go to dream for revision eyelid" or something like that. When i read that last year i was actually hoping the poster would mention that what went wrong and who was the surgeon since they have like 6??? surgeons there in total, each with their own specialty.

I personally wouldnt schedule my surgery that way, both due to price differences as u can forget about getting a good bargaining if you are a first time customer and only have one procedure, and more importantly you don't know how your body reacts to the surgery. Just because it went smoothly with me doesn't mean it will for you. Im not talking about surgeon's skill here but rather how your body deals with swelling, how it deals with the sedation etc. You don't want to be feeling like crap and having to head to another clinic the next day to do your eyes....and fyi ive found eyes to be one of the most uncomfortable surgery. Mainly because that area is so sensitive and you have to be awake and at some point stare at the surgeon for symmetry. I highly doubt you would want to go through that while recovering from a rhino.

I think your 2 most viable options would be a) split the surgery at least 4 days apart if possible. Do your eyes first then nose later. I say 4 days is cos u would ideally want to move past the period where swelling peaks which is 3 days.

or

b) ask Dr Park if he can do your eyes. For me i never chose dream because of the clinic but rather because of Dr Park. Reason why i believe he can perform the surgery is because i once wanted to do a lateral cantho at Dream. Dr Cho said she could do it but she didn't speak much english and our consultation wasn't detailed and rather abrupt as it seemed like she had to rush to surgery. So feeling unconfident i asked Dr Park if he could do it for me as i heard great things about his eyelid skills. His response after examining me was "i don't recommend. You had incisions to your lower lid? I see the muscle is weaker and lateral cantho will risk the red of your eyes showing". I was surprised he could tell i had incisions there as it was from the concentric malar lift and the scar had nearly all been dissolved by the kenacort. This leads me to believe he is also a skilled eye surgeons.

im not entirely sure as i only found it out yesterday but it seems he manipulated the soft tissue in that by lifting it to the mid cheek area then used hydroxy to further augment and define the midface area and hold the soft tissue in place.

You're right, I have no idea how my body will react and I definitely don't want to get eye surgery if I'm unwell from rhino. I kept reading these crazy stories of people going to Seoul for surgery- getting their eyes done and hoping into a taxi, then going to another clinic miles away for facial contouring or rhino immediately after. It seemed plausible at first, but now rethinking it over (and I've had eyelid surgery before- I know that it's very uncomfortable), I should probably have both procedures in one go.

I'm going to see what Dr. Park recommends for me. I'm having difficulty contacting the clinic though, I called their english phone number and the person who answered spoke Korean and hung up on me. My e-mails to them have gone unanswered. K, do you have any advice on contacting them? Does Dream have kakao?

Thanks for all your help. You are so so helpful!