BeautyHacker

My plastic surgery with Dream Medical Group

its definitely still swollen...all noticable swelling usually lasts 2-3 weeks then the remainder goes down over the months. just give it time im sure it will look better :smile:

I'll tell you a good indicator to see through the swelling on your nose. Go directly under a light (really make sure ure directly under it so it doesn't skew your perception) and have it hit your bridge then check the 45 degree angle. If you see a nice difference in the depth through the shadows cast and your nose is symmetrical from the front, it means u will get a good nose once swelling is down.

Also i think i just got what you meant with the cast. You mean the retainer yeh, that thing you shove in your nostrils?

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K,
When you get chance, would you mind sharing more about the Acculift procedure?

Does it remove fat from cheek all the way down to neck area? Did they break skin on various spots on the faces or neck to stick in the metal wand/needle, whatever that thing is called that's used to suck out fat? Does it work well for you in terms of removing volume on the cheek area?

Thanks a lot

its some micro fiber wire needle suction thingie. It removes fat where you want it to as the surgeon will target the area you specified. Incisions are made where your smile creases are so it conceals the incisions. Im 2 weeks post op u can barely see the incisions anymore. Face rarely scars with those kinds of incisions as the skin is different to the body. I have asian skin so my body is like keloid prone central but ive never gotten any noticable scarring to the face.

Worked fairly well for removing the fat in the cheek area. I think i might need a second acculift tho cos the right side i still wanted more. I told Dr Kim to take a tiny bit from the left and more from the right side since i have some assymetry. This he did but i think i should have told him i want a slightly sunken look just under the cheekbone since i love the definition. Also i think it MAY have caused very minor sagging but im not sure if my mind is playing tricks on me lol..that said im also still swollen so it might be that too. Anyways ill know the results better after 6 months. Last time i got generic facial lipo it looked so awesome until 6 months later i noticed sagging :S

the cast the doctor put on top of your nose after rhinoplasty. They remove it yesterday but gave me a new one to put on my nose and put tape so it won't drop when im sleeping for two months. I got the retainer as well, I don't have to use it but they gave me just in case I want to put it on while sleeping.

another update! bruising on the damaged area of my nose looks better. Does this mean the donor graft worked? yay hope so!

I love my forehead but will prolly top up even if i dont have to cos i wanna be greedier and get more volume.

And the acculift.....well today i noticed my sensory nerves having started coming back on the right cheek where more fat was removed and the changes are more noticable. So that means swelling has gone down yet again. My sister who i haven't seen since i got back to australia who didnt know what surgery i had gotten actually said my face is sharper with a fuller forehead. So yay SUCCESS SO FAR.

Will need to wait for 6 months at least to know whether the acculift tightening is due to temporary swelling or whether its as permanent as some surgeons suggest

I agree w/you about the cheekbones; I'm going to ask them just to do the sides tht stick out a little... i hope they listen to me; i don't want a baby face or an anime looking face that koreans seem to covet. as for being young and stupid, i think we've all been there- at least some of us are smart enough now to know better...

How long is the swelling last for open rhino?

Nice to hear that so far everything seems successful.

UPDATE!

The Monday that just went by, i went to see Bryan Mendelson in Melbourne just to get him to examine the nose revision that Dr Park did for me because i still have residual brusing near the top part of the bridge. This was because in my case Dr Park had to use a thigh tissue graft to repair my nose due to the damage caused by the surgeon before him.

Good news, Dr Mendelson said Dr Park did exactly as he should and that infection and extrusion is very unlikely. But to monitor for another week and he took some photos and prescribed me anti biotics . It seems that the immediate concern is rarely extrusion but inflammation, hence the anti biotics. After looking at my before picture Dr Mendelson also mentioned that it took alot of skill and experience to have such good maneuver via closed rhino which most surgeons would require open rhin o to do. Also Dr Mendelson didn't charge me at all for coming to see him about a surgery he didn't perform. I HEART YOU DR MENDELSON URE TOO GOOD TO ME LOL

The other thing is to mention is that my fat graft to the forehead has left me with little small bumpy pimples. Did this happen to anyone else who have had the fat graft to the forehead? I read on real self that a lady had experienced this too. And when i asked Dr Mendelson he said this is common??? because the skin is under stress from the tightening due to the new volume? Either way he said its not permanent so i dont need to worry but im so tempted to used skin acid treatments which he told me its best not to :sad: im not even allowed to use make up yet QQ

^Dr. Mendelson is too nice ohmygod!!! I wish more doctors were like that.

K Couture do not do acid peels maybe you can try manuka honey since it's non-irritating and medicinal at the same time.

Are the fats still 100% there?

ooo thanks for that suggestion. ill go look it up. Umm no lol the sides have gone down...I cant say a little and i cant say a lot either. I really dont know LOL. Because im not sure how much was used to begin with and how much of what i saw right away post op is swelling haha. All i know is i like the results and my forehead looks polished and shiny lol. But i dont know how much will remain in 3 months. It seems 3 months is the magic time frame for knowing how much of the augmentation is permanent.