BeautyHacker

My plastic surgery with Dream Medical Group

The reason why people's implant shift can be due to a few reasons.

a) Bad implant placement - if the implant isn't placed deep enough into the nose without a hold of some sort it may shift

b) Your body naturally creates a leathery formation around the implant as it recognizes it as a foreign object. This may sometimes push the implant to one side or the other.

c) If the implant shape is unstable - applies to autologous grafts

d) If the implant warps - applies to autologous grafts

e) Uneven resorption which can lead to an asymmetrical look - applies to autologous grafts

Like I told, Odnok the way to prevent this from occurring is placement technique. If placed above the bone under the periostiem, there will be no leathery formation in that area should an artificial implant be used.

Mid face lift and acculift are two profoundly different procedures. One is an actual lift while the acculift is merely for volume reduction. Korean surgeons will swear by the lifting effects of acculift while western surgeons will suggest that there are no current lasers which can actually shrink and tighten your soft tissues. From experience and advise given to me from Brian Mendelson, i believe the lifting effect from acculift is superficial due to the heat and swelling. Once your healing process is complete whatever tightening and lift effect will then dissipate. You can do the acculift and the midface lift at the same time it is fine. The acculift is a non invasive procedure. It literally took 10 mins when I did it and i got great results.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't consider Dream before but, Dr. Park and your experience sounds great! Glad your revision part III was a success. Curious to know what support struts and grafts Dr. Park utilized for your tip and base? (medial crura strut, lateral crural strut?) Rarely do I hear and see revision cases that are satisfied with a nice sharp nose.

Thanks for the info and I dont remember if he put it under the muscle but never imagined od be victim to implant displacement.

never got hit in the nose and even used qtips from then on out to not mess with the implant but I guess it was no use.

hmmm I think a face lift is the better option for me then.

One thing to note about the mid face lift tho, if you have alot of soft tissue, thick skin and fatty deposits it is best not to do a mid face lift but rather choose a different kind of lift. You can quite easily end up with chipmunk cheeks and slanted eyes due to the shifting of facial volume. The mid face lift is hence a procedure more suited to caucasians.

Hi kcouture. So do you think mid facelift procedure also can make eyes more slanted ? cos I like slanted eyes ! :biggrin: just my personal aesthetically I prefer slanted almond shaped eyes as a guy rather than round / hooded / bedroom eyes ...

LOL but I LOVE YOUR EYES! But judging from your profile pic it likely won't slant you. Your facial tissues seem thinner and more caucasian. I had experienced the slanting problem btw. That's one reason why i used acculift to reduct the volume that was pushing up onto my lower lid and causing mild slanting.

Hellboy, is that you in your profile pic? haha

oh.. na ah.. actually i have typical thick asian skin ,ahahaha thankyou kcou thats my eyes after endoscope brow and temple lift (reconstruction case)
I was consider for revision cantoplasty next time to lift up my outer corner of eyes more if that possible. do you think I need to consider about midfacelift as well if want more slanted eyes ? :biggrin:

I am just ordinary guy n extremely shy, that's why I ended up don't get much attention in real life, so thank you i take it as a compliment! if that's me you're talking about ahahaaha :giggles:

Love your eyes! They're so big! I was wondering if you had any implants to your brow ridge and glabella/radix? Or fat grafting? You seem versed in fat grafting and talked about 3D implants. Anyhow, I can't seem to PM you, if you could, can you e-mail me? [email protected]
I'd appreciate the help!

no you shouldn't get a mid face lift. You clearly don't need it. The slanting is a side effect of the mid face lift. You can get a slanted effect by just focusing on canthoplasty, which is meant for the eyes. I fear if you undergo a mid face life you will end up looking like mariah carey with the chipmunk cheeks and all. Plus you are too young to undergo a lift.

And yes, you are the one davin and I were refering to. Our kakao chat went like this 2 weeks ago

Davin: Hey you know Hellboy? Is that him in the profile pic?
Me: Yeah I assume so. So mysterious and fashionable with that checkered face mask huh
Davin: He's kinda cute isn't he?
Me: I know right....now keep your paws off :P

LOL #WeHaveNoShame

Your inbox was full but just letting you know I enabled search on kk and again thanks a ton.

[FONT=맑은 고딕]I received these quotes for double eyelid surgery, it seems very high-[/FONT]
[FONT=맑은 고딕]Incisional eyelid surgery with ptosis costs 4.7 mil krw but non-incisional with ptosis costs 3.5 mil KRW. Epicanthoplasty costs 1.2mil [/FONT]
[FONT=맑은 고딕]
[/FONT]
[FONT=맑은 고딕]Almost 6 mil? Anyone else get similar price?[/FONT]