BeautyHacker

My plastic surgery with Dream Medical Group

eyelid depends on whether incisional or non incisional. Incisional im not exactly sure but non incisional is like 1.6-1.8 around there and u can bargain off that depending on what else ure having done. Fat graft to chin only I don't imagine it would be too expensive since its such a small area. But I don't know anyone who did it to chin only at Dream. There was a forumer who did it at Braun a few months back and I believe she paid like 1.5??? I'll ask her permission and if she is ok with it I'll pm u her kakao id. U can ask her how her results have lasted. She is beyond the 3 month period so whatever she has retained should mostly stay. When I last saw her she was only 5 days post op I believe and it looked great!

Usually 6 days to stay in Seoul. These are minor procedures u can pretty much leave once the stitches are removed.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because an implant is a foreign body that is essentially being stuffed into your face, they can move a little differently and look slightly unnatural in some angles. They can also change your smile. You might not notice it 85% of the time, but in some lighting, some angles and some photos you can see that your chin "steps down". This is unavoidable because your chin is a bony extrusion. BUT - This is not something anyone else ever noticed on me. I could see it when I was looking very carefully and when I saw myself from odd angles (ie 45 degree and 90 degree behind me).

[to see what I mean by this Google G Dragon's implant. When he is singing and his mouth is moving you can notice it at some angles]

Implant can also exacerbate and cause "witches chin", which I certainly started noticing years down the track.

Also, I was lucky but some people have problems with the implant moving and becoming crooked or the implant being rejected by your body and causing infection (in which case you have to remove it).

Essentially my problem with my implant was cosmetic only and I admittedly have a very eagle eye- i found that years down the track I felt like the implant added unwanted "bulk" to the lower half of my jaw, which made my face look a little too "bottom heavy".

Once I had vline surgery and removed the implant, I ended up getting a better chin shape than I had with the implant, a much softer and daintier lower jaw and the witches chin dissapeared. I also notice that my chin now looks perfect at every angle. There is no weird "step down" in some lighting or angles. And my smile looks 100% natural from every angle.

However, implant is actually a very easy procedure to perform - more so that genio or T-osteotomy.

No Fat Graft is not like Botox (which freezes wrinkles), it is more like Restylane, Juvederm or Radiesse (hyaluronic acid fillers which add volume to your face). Except Fat Graft is obviously natural since it comes from you. Fat Graft is also permanent (if grafted properly).

My sister and I had our nose and chin done at JW. We were very pleased with the outcome. For your concern using implant, you don't have to worry. My chin implant is silicone. U shape with a slight pointed tip in the center. It was a toss up between implant or bone contouring because I wanted a more V look. I ended up chickening out and just did the implant. No regrets because while I did not have the overall V curve look from my jaw, the center of my lower face ends in a V thanks to the implant.

You don't have to be too concerned about using chin implants if its the right surgery for you. My sister and I do not have any problems associated with chin implant. It does not look fake. It looks pleasing from all angles and it feels natural too. JW is very good at what they do.

Infection is not common for chin implants either.

Try to avoid t-osteotomy and sliding genioplasty if possible. These surgeries are cutting of the bone and are irreversible. This was why I was so scared to do V line. What if I become one of the many stories I have read about people who get bad bone contouring jobs. It is so hard to redo it because its not like you can just put the bone that was cut out back.

At least with chin implant it can be taken out easily god forbid anything happens.

I do one have qualm with chin implant. It feels weird when I apply much pressure on my chin. I like to lie down and use my lap top and rest my chin on my arm. It feels sensitive when I do that so I now use a pillow.

How far post-op are you though? And how old are you?

Many of the problems I mentioned did not manifest themselves for many years (5+ post-op).

Also, some of the things I mentioned would not be obvious when you (and your skin) are younger. However, as your skin thins out with age, certain things with implants can become more obvious. This is not just unique to chin implants either, but can happen with any implants over time.

Another thing - many of the "bad contouring jobs" you are referring to are related to zygoma reduction (and the problems related to sagging and over-contouring). They are not patients who have had sliding genio.

I am in my 30s my sister is in her 40s. 4 months post-op and I would say I am no longer swollen. We were given a softer silicone I made sure to ask for one which was not very hard.

No I was not refering to zygoma reduction. Bad contouring jobs as in V line. I was going to do v line but got scared off by the stories I am across. There was a Japan girl who ended up looking like an elf afterwards. I have also seen pictures where sliding genio made the chin look too sharp and pointy that it looks fake. I rather do something where I can go back to square one than risk losing my bone which cannot be put back.

Final results for most surgeries are visible at 1 year post-op.

Yes, but in those vline cases you are referring to that was the look the girls were going for.

All of the doctors I consulted with said that there is absolutely no way you would come out looking like that Japanese girl unless you were trying to achieve that elf look. The fake, sharp vline look is actually what some Korean girls are going for, as crazy as that is(!) m

I was scared of coming out looking like that too before I had my surgery:smile:

However I definitely don't deny it is *possible* to be botched in any surgery.

visibility of silicone is about using the right size, the right shape and placement technique. This varies according to the individual. If done well the implant will come out natural and undetectable.

My silicone however had to be replaced because the Thai surgeons carved it out from a raw block and it was jagged. Then it was crudely shoved into me. From every angle it looked great EXCEPT when I lifted my head upwards you could see some irregularities. The main problem for me was the discomfort it was causing due to poor placement and it being a jagged implant. I believe it was hitting my nerves too because I had it in there for over a year and only until I replaced it with hydroxyappatite my normal sensations returned. Hard to explain....it was numb on the surface of my skin but whenever pressure was applied there was discomfort. Anyways point is mine was a shotty job done in Thailand. But I've seen many successful chin implants with no side effects despite being implanted for years.

V line, when over excision occurs is difficult to correct because once the bone is gone, its gone. I had a botched mandible reduction in Thailand too and believe me I wish I hadn't done it at all. To revise it I required hydroxyappatite to address the over excision and restore some bone density along with a concentric malar lift to reverse the sagging that came from it.

When it comes to sliding genio tho, its actually not as difficult (albeit more invasive than removing a chin implant) to revise it. You see unlike V line, mandible and t osteo, its not so much an excision as it is a cut and shift. Hence, when revising sliding genio, the bone is merely shifted to a more appropriate location or back to its original location depending on what is requested or required

I had a Medpor implant, rather than silicone, to prevent it from moving.

These two pics pretty much sum up the aesthetic problems I ended up disliking about my implant many years down the track, which resolved when I had vline with implant removal:

The "witches chin" look:
http://livelovedream.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/chinimplants.jpg

The added "heaviness" in the lower face:
http://forgotmypursee.blogspot.com.au/2011/11/hilary-duff-facial-evolution.html?m=1

This is what I mean about an implant being obvious at certain angles and adding bulk.

Nicely done chin implant from various angles:

http://www.facialsurgery.com/BAPg1rhf2lhc6_prf0_ci45_hbc3.html

Natural looking chin implant:

http://www.asiancosmeticsurgery.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/nosechin02a.jpg

This woman is actually Charles Lee's wife. I met her several times in person and she even let me touch her face. She's actually his consultant. Yes she is really pretty and he did her surgery but that don't mean he is a good surgeon. God imagine if you botched your wife up....you be sleeping on the couch until you revise her lol

Pak Bom's chin implant......looks reallly weird lol :

http://celebrityabc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Park-Bom-chin-implant-before-after.jpg

Well done chin implant with no issues be they aesthetic or medical: Definite possibility

Poorly done chin implant where its heavy and visible: Also definitely possible

What does it depend on? Placement technique, implant shape and size and how it correlates to the patient. Then of course is the patient even suitable for a chin implant because not everyone is, just like how not everyone is suited to sliding genio or V line. Its about what is needed to be achieved and what can be achieved based on the individual's pre exisiting structure.

Agreed.

Based on my own experience, I personally think chin implant is best left to those who have seriously weak / recessed chins (I.e the first guy).

People who are just looking for an improvement to chin shape to a chin that is not severely recessed (I.e Hilary Duff / Emily Blunt) would probably get better (less bulky / manly looking) results with genio or v line.

I definitely fell into the second category. Chin was mostly fine but I just wanted it to be a more angled shape and also get rid of my cleft. Ended up with far better aesthetics overall with vline, even though there was nothing texhnically "wrong" with my implant.

All her surgery is very subtle improvement. I remembered asking her if her nose moves because mine when done in Thailand could be pushed to the left. Its quite gross. Her implant was a small one and when she let me push it didn't move....I pushed it very lightly tho lol. Ironically, her husband gave me a wonky extruded nose that does move despite all the surgical glue he apparently used on me.

She is quite the sales woman too. Nearly convinced me to do a brow lift then I thought about it..............boo i'm (was) 24.....why would i even need a brow lift when its no necessary. "It will make you look fresher and more youthful".........but I am lol....

Thanks for the informations again.

I did mine at Thailand too. Not only it does move when pushes it gently, it also deviate more to the left. I hope this time round going to Dream can fix these issues.

Well..anyone will be traveling to Korea next year March?