BeautyHacker

Acculift vs Power-V Face Lift

Hi Guys, I read so much post with regards to these two procedures but im still not sure which one suits me and to be honest with all the information I've read I got more confused. LOL.

What I wanted is to have my jowls and chubby face to be smaller or defined as possible.

It seems that both procedure are the same. I wanted to know the methods used on each procedures so that we can differentiate the two.

Then maybe we can derive into conclusion on which is more effective, evasive, and economical.

Please feel free to reply if u have experienced either one of the procedure.

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

For those who are not quite familiar with the process, refer to the below definition:

Acculift:

The AccuLift™ procedure is ideal for contouring the face and neck – including the midface and nasolabial folds, lower face and sagging jowls and submentum (area under chin) and neck – without the need for deep anesthesia or complex surgery. The AccuLift™ procedure is an effective standalone procedure for many patients and an excellent way to improve results of other procedures such as filler injections, fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing, facial fat grafting and facelift surgery.

Power V:

Power V contouring makes V line removing unnecessary fat on jaw line along with soft tissues (skin layer, fat layer, SMAS layer) that affect the shape of jaw line. For that reason, Unless you gain body weight, subcutaneous fat on face is not increased either, so V-line can be permanently maintained. Once the fat is removed, it is difficult to be regenerated so the effectiveness is permanent. Besides, tightening effect of collagen, filled in the regions where the fat is removed, gives multiple effects along with V-line making your face look more elastic and younger.

Is hospitalization or general anesthesia unnecessary?

Docotor’s Answer: YES! Power V contouring is relatively simple and safe treatment. All the processes are performed under safe and painless sedation anesthesia in which the patient is relaxed. Also, patients can feel more comfortable and safer since the treatment is performed under care by anesthetists who are residing in the center.

Motty i'm not sure if you read my plastic surgery guide so I will just paste part of the section i wrote here.

f) *Very Important point here: IDENTIFY A GIMMICK PROCEDURE
Many clinics in seoul utilize marketing to charge a premium on certain procedures. Just like how it is important to know the difference between a surgeon's skill and his marketing team's capabilites, it is just as important to know when a procedure is complete and utter BS. Some clinics will claim to pioneer certain procedures such as the Power V lift. In this case, the "V" tag is added on to a generic form of facial lipo sculpture to attract people lacking in research and surgical knowledge. The procedure is then presented to the patient in a remarkable technical manner which leads the individual to believe its a medical innovation. A much for realistic and more affordable option would be the acculift as you are not paying a premium for rubbish.

The entire excerpt is in section 5 part f)

#

Also if you do a further search through the forums, there's been a couple of members who had the power v lift and had prolonged bruising and unsatisfactory results. I can't remember her username but one forumer also experienced sagging and posted pictures a couple of months back

Hi K!

Thanks for the reply. Oh I must have skipped that part... I thought I read all your post, but yeah many thanks!

If I remember it right u have tried Acculift before were u satisfied with the result? I cant imagine the procedure but u mentioned something about a tiny suction tube, inserted in your nasal folds then it sucks the fats?

Does it mean that the result is instantaneous?

noooo not instantaneous. I swelled for around 2 weeks before looking normal. But the procedure itself took 10 mins. It was performed using a fine fiber wire with the laser thing. It has some suction but the real reason why acculift is effective is that it actually melts the fat rather than suck it all out. Over the course of 2 months or so I noticed my face contour itself as my body flushed out the dead fats on its own. Its basically a gradual but noticable improvement.

• 8 months later...
Neither procedure will tighten your jawline. Power V is a gimmick. It doesn't work. Its just a clever name for facial fat reduction with the V tag on. Anyone wanting to achieve a V shape would really need facial bone contouring.

Acculift is not a gimmick and it is used by every surgeon in Korea and majority of American, Australia and Thai surgical practices offer the treatment. It is very non invasive and very effective for facial fat reduction with minimum down time. It causes far less damage and bruising and much faster recovery time than Power V.

HOWEVER, for tightening BOTH procedures do not do any real tightening. To this day there is no form of non lift procedure that can give a true and permanent tightening effect. The tightening from both these procedures are superficial and reverts once both superficial and residual swelling dissipates. Even with acculift you will find korean surgeons claiming that the tightening works, but then they won't recommend it for older patients? lol....that's because the lack of tightening is far more obvious in older patients than younger ones. Now if you speak to western surgeons, you will find the consenus is that acculift is great for facial volume reduction for those troubled areas, but ineffective for tightening or lifting.

So if you want tightening, a true tightening that is permanent, it would have to be a lift. If you want facial fat reduction, go for the acculift.

• 2 years later...
Thank you for sharing this!

The type of surgery I want for my face would not be a typical "v-line" jaw surgery, as I don't want to modify my jaw line or chin structure. I have a layer of 'cheek fat' over my lower face (chubby round face that makes me look 15 not 25) and a light layer of a double chin. To me, the "power v" procedure (as described by TLPS) sounds ideal because it is liposuction + acculift. I was originally searching for clinics that offer cheek and chin liposuction (I don't want buccal fat pad removal as that's not the part of my chin with fat) - but not many clinics advertise this or seem to specialize in it.

Do you have any advice for me, in terms of searching for a specific procedure? Are you against the power v surgery because it marks up work because of a name, or the surgery itself?

Thank you!