BeautyHacker

Shin Hyun Ho, Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Seoul

I saw this Al Jazeera tv documentary on YouTube. It is only about 5 months old. The English reporter did a great story. He was not fooled by the marketing.
Anyway it featured Shin Hyun Ho, a Medical Malpractice Lawyer who has a book about 10 inches thick of plastic surgery cases. He said that the compensation are very small in Seoul.
There was a girl interviewed who went to one of the top clinics, she is so depressed, I am scared for her. She said the stitching in her mouth when they did the jaw surgery has left a hole in the inside of her gums which fills with food etc and then swells. When she confronted the surgeon he said something like, "you do know I am one of the top surgeons in Seoul" - she also cannot close one of her eyes when and he told her to go see a psychiatrist as it is psychological.
Finally it showed the Grand doctors all bowing to the family of the girl who died during surgery, Apparently they sacked about 4 doctors afterwards. Ironically at the beginning of the show, the Grand gave the reporter a tour and claim their safety is paramount as this is what their reputation is built on. Here is the link -
http://youtu.be/wp4YZdSz2aA

OMGGGGGGGGGGG ...so sad ... this make me worried and scared. Why these doctors do this..? they just tell her 'its your imagination!" Cmon...monsters....ó.ó #cantbelieve

Unfortunately, the video seems to be blocked for those that live in the U.S. as I'm not able to view it.

I did some searching around and saw a post on reddit that summarized it a bit:

*tl;dw - The first 15 minutes show off a few clinics.
*The last 10 minutes criticize surgeries.
"Basically all cosmetic surgeries are dangerous because of anesthesia. Most anesthesia done in Korea is not done by an anesthesiologist...but by the plastic surgeons themselves or the nurses and if they're inexperienced, this can cause the patient to go into shock."
*A kind of cool but at the same time scary sound effect of a door opening around 21:50

Put safety first, guys!