BeautyHacker

My Review On "The Face Dental" Clinic (2 Jaw)

You have to stay at least 1 month in Seoul to have the procedure done... that's what Dr. Lee told me. I stayed a total of 5 weeks

I'll pm you the price I paid

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, sometimes I get confused with the terms. ASO is when the Dr. removes teeth in order to push the mouth back right? Basically what Dr. Lee did for my case was to push both my upper and lower jaw back. When he did this, my mouth protrusion was pushed back as well. No teeth had to be removed. He also rotated my jaw and did V line revision. My jaw was also a little asymmetric so he fixed that as well. I would have had the same procedure done at EverM but I decided not to go with them being that they were more expensive. EverM is a very good clinic, but The Face Dental is cheaper but still offers fantastic service

Thank you so much for your review.
I wonder if you can elaborate on how to search clinics with good reviews? I tried naver "안면윤곽" or some other english terms translated into korean, various sections pop up:

파워링크 (power-link, similar to google ads):
shows me big and expansive clinic websites live VIEW and GRAND.

웹문서 (web documents):
shows me a mix between clinic websites and documents.
interestingly, when i click on Apujeong Seoul Clinic there is a redirect-link on the upper right corner that transfers me to THE FACE DENTAL site. Are these two clinic affiliated?

사이트 (site):
at the bottom of the page, shows me lots of clinic websites. See some familiar names like JW, TopClass, and Regen.

I wonder which section do you look into, and how do you make sure it has good reviews? Do you also search blogs and cafes?

When I was researching for a clinic that specializes in 2 jaw, i went on Naver and typed in something like "양악수술” (2 jaw) and a lot of clinics for jaw surgery will come up.... some known here already to the forum but a lot only known to the locals. This is how I was able to find Face Dental. And to look up reviews, I went to blogs and cafes. One in particular I check out is: http://cafe.naver.com/feko In the search box I just type in “양악수술” then a lot of posts will come up of people that have had jaw surgery and they share their reviews and b&a. Only thing is that in order to view some of these blogs, you have to have a Naver account. I went to this link to know how to make a Naver account: http://starrguide.com/sign-up-naver-account/#.UWgBrxlV4RC Once you have a Naver account you can view a lot of blogs and cafes plus be able to pm the people that post the reviews. Most of the time they will not say the clinic publicly in their post, so you have to pm them (obviously in Korean) to get the name of the clinic they went to.

Seems like a lot to do, but it was worth it to me to go thru all the trouble in order to find a great clinic like The Face Dental. The clinics that are mentioned here on the forum all the time are taking too much advantage of us foreigners, because they know we have limited choices. But if you take the time to research clinics that are only known by the locals, you will find a great clinic that will give you proper care and save lots of money. Even if you find a clinic that you like and they may not have an English translator, still message them on something like Kakao and say (in Korean) that you are a foreigner and you are very interested in a consultation but you need an Eng translator. You never know, they maybe able to hire someone for the day that you come in for an appointment. It doesn’t hurt to ask, worst thing is that they say no, they can’t help you.

Sorry I forgot to answer this before. I know that Apgujeong Seoul Clinic is in the same building as The Face Dental. They may be affiliated with one another

NYC, we know your intention is to share your experience and we appreciate your input. However, may I ask why you can't disclose your surgery price here? Did you had a non dosclosure agreement with the clinic? 2 jaw surgery is a high risk surgery, you just go with on the clinic without researching on the doctor 1st?

I didn't sign any non disclosure agreement. Just felt a little funny saying the actual price because it was so low. I will say it was under 13 mil won and it was a great price considering I needed 2 Jaw + V line revision. And I definitely did research on Dr. Lee before I came for a consult at The Face Dental. I never did any surgery in Korea without doing proper research on the surgeon first

I am in contact with Face Dental Clinic and the doctors there speak English well enough to have a reasonable conversation. This is by far the most helpful clinic I have spoken to. And I totally agree that the clinics most known to foreigners are ripping them off. I was quotes 20 million krw for two jaw, and that price tag is totally outrageous.