BeautyHacker

My Plastic Surgery Adventure in Seoul~

So for lower blepharoplasty, she paid $4000 USD.

Was that a typo? When I went to JW for a consultation they quoted me $2500...before a discount. Did she have another procedure included with the lower blepharoplasty?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will find that pretty much every clinic does ptosis. And it is usually done in conjuncture with double eyelid surgery. Instead of lookin for the clinic you should be finding the individual surgeon that specializes in eyes. Start by researching the credentials of the surgeon. Its usually advertised on the clinic's "Staff" or "Medical Team" page what university they graduated from, what year they graduated, specialty and surgical society.

This is a very helpful thread. I would love it if someone could enlighten me (im very naive when it comes to traveling alone), should i purchase like....3 week worth of convenient foods the moment i land in Korea? And should i bring an icepack myself or will the clinic give you a free one after surgery? It put me abit at ease to see that no one pick you out for having surgeries in korea. I'm planning to have eyes and jaw line done, and the thought of stepping into public while swelled up like a balloon still scares me abit. I have this mental image of myself with a face the size of a basket ball and eyes like 2 tennis balls and swollen shut feeling my way around...
On top of that, my sense of direction sucks when i'm in a new place, i'm scared of venturing out too far and getting lost. I just wanna hibernate like a starved bear for 3 weeks in the hotel....
Does anyone know if the taxi drivers speak decent english? or should i have a print out of the map for the clinic im going to? Please let this dumbnum (me) know about the food and traveling aspects of a medical trip D:

Wearing a surgical mask helps to cover majority of the face. If you are doing rhinoplasty, the nose splint is still going to show though at the nose bridge and sometimes people do stare at you for quite an extended period of time. I felt ready to step outside the apartment on T+2. I visited so many parks for cherry blossom viewing which lit up my days. And then there's the depressing part if you are traveling alone because there are couples everywhere.

I would imagine FC and 2 Jaw to have a much longer recovery period.

I also did intraoral chin implant so technically I could manage porridge and soft food but I still went for a liquid diet for the first few days because it was still a little difficult to move my lips and jaws. My litmus test to test if I could advance to eating food that requires chewing was the "digestive biscuits with milk test". If I have to resort to dipping the biscuits into the milk to soften the biscuits, it meant I probably should still stick to soft food.

Diet wise, I stocked up on protein shakes (the body would require lots of protein), honey (for carbohydrate and it soothes the throat), liquid fiber (which i found to be not so effective alone and should be paired with probiotics drinks / yoghurt)

Medications wise, I only brought dissolvable Vit C + Zinc pills and of course Arnica Montana.

I split my meals into 6 small portions. When I had relatively nothing to do at the apartment (airbnb), I would create a timetable on my notebook detailing my meal times, medication timing and ice pack schedule.

I also broke a ton of rules. DISCLAIMER, do this at your own risk. I was not supposed to go to a jimjilbang (sauna) for 1 month. I was not supposed to consume alcohol for one month. I was not supposed to exercise for 6 to 8 weeks. But I did all of them from the 2nd week on and came out thankfully ok. To justify, I felt I was strong enough to do some simple exercises like crunches and pushups. I couldn't resist the rice wine in Korea, tasted so good. And the oxygen room in the jimjilbang was just blissful and relaxing.

The orange international taxis are supposed to be able to handle overseas visitors but your best bet would be to show them the destination's address in Korean. I would just recommend taking the subway. You can save the location on google maps before you arrive. Have internet access at all time by getting a wifi egg or purchasing a sim card. Compass does not work in Korea though for google maps so you would need to do some exploring and trust your intuition.

• 6 months later...
Hi t
hank you f

Thank you for your detailed post.. just wondering, your mum did not do her eyelid surgery in the end as Dr Choi only wanted to do the forehead lift first? How's your recovery after a year?

This was really helpful! For your rhinoplasty procedure, how long did you stay in Korea for?