BeautyHacker

DAPRS : my choice for face contouring, fat graft with Dr Lee and BA with Dr Koo

I'm really sorry, but I can't recall the exact price of the surgery. My mother took me and handled most of the billing. For epi and partial incision, it was certainly over $3000. I also remember their price was much more expensive than all the other clinics' I went to. We asked if they could give us a little discount, but the consultant said no, everything is a set price for everyone.
I'm not certain if they have an english translator. I'm pretty sure they have a chinese translator since they had chinese writing on the entrance and signs. My mother speaks korean, so she was pretty much my translator.
I don't think I would 100% recommend Idea though. I wasn't completely satisfied with my experience.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that seems expensive, imagine how much it would be for facial contouring that I want..

About the english consultant I asked because they provide an english website and also they mention they have a professional interpreter residing there.

But why aren't you completely satisfied with your experience?

What aren't u satisfied with? The result? Or the aftercare? How far out post-op are u btw?

It was Kwon Jang Deok. I had epi and partial incision done.
My cousin recommended him and said that he's famous for his eye surgeries. The consultation went well, so I chose Idea out of the clinics I visited.
However I don't fully love my results. One eye is very slightly higher than the other and I don't think he stitched one of the incisions well because a tiny scab formed and the scar is much more noticeable than the other, which is practically invisible. The aftercare was pretty non existent. I had some concerns but he pretty much brushed them off and said everything will be fine and went about his way. It felt as if he was so busy to even answer a few questions. I now realize that aftercare with the surgeon is pretty minimal in Korea but I just wish he had given me some genuine reassurance. I was really swollen so I was extremely worried and stressed then.
My mother was pretty disappointed by his attitude, but she does think my eyes came out well. I am a perfectionist, so I don't know if I'm being nit picky or not. Other than those issues, I am pretty satisfied (I wouldn't get a revision or anything) but I would be a bit hesitant to highly recommend him.

Edit: One eyelid might be a bit higher due to him not measuring and marking my eyes before surgery. I didn't know then, but he just used the instrument to make double eyelids and asked, "is that how high you want your double eyelid?' and I was whisked away into surgery.

Then maybe they do have an english translator since they have they provide an english website.
Yeah, they're expensive. He's on this family talk show in Korea with his wife, who is an actress I think, not a famous one though. Now that I look at the website, that does kind of go in hand with him supposedly having done surgeries on stars. So maybe that's why they are pretty expensive?
I responded to someone else with why I'm not completely satisfied. Hope it helps.

Thanks for sharing.
After care is important to me because I am the type of patient who gets paranoid after surgery and afraid of infections so I would come to the clinic every single day 😅😅😅

But this seems impossible in idea.
When I was consulting there they didn't let me see any pictures of before and after. Was it the case for you too?

May I ask what Exactly Dr. Lee did to your mandible? What did he say he would do? I mean how many inches/centimeters from the ear did he shave? Also did he just shave or did he cut the bone? And did he do anything with the mandible corner? From the photos I can't really tell..

Thank you :smile:

• 1 month later...
Thanks for sharing your experience :smile: I'm actually having a hard time getting in touch with DAPRS? Have tried email, Line and Kakao, but no reply...

I like your detailed review and after pictures.
I also got some procedures from DA last month during the trip. I got only Botox and a skincare program (facelift) but that was so satisfactory that I've ever experienced at any other hospitals.
Staffs were kind and a female doctor who treated me was extremely professional -i don't remember her name-
Definitely recommendable plastic surgery practice in Korea.(my personal opinion)

• 1 month later...
Hi lollipop! Your results look absolutely beautiful! I hope one day I can be finished on my PS journey and look as good as you! May I please ask where you got your eyes done and with which dr? I can't really see fully from the pics but from what I can see, I love your eye shape! Are you happy wih your eyes? As I heard you said you may get eye revision. Also, have you tried stem cell fat graft? I'm going to Korea next week and messaged you on kakao! Don't know if you got it. If so, please take a look and reply back :smile:. Thanks in advance!!

fake review la you!!! your account is : Joined: Jan 2015

and you told us you have been in this forum for 8 years? are you kidding me?

Don't say bad things about JW and keep promoting DA...I have heard enough bad news about DA too.

guys, be aware!

She said she has "known" this forum for 8 years. Knowing doesn't mean she has to create an account back then. I'm sure when we were doing our research on plastic surgery, we come across different sources. From soyoung, singaporeexpats, cozycot, realself etc. I have been lurking around singaporexpats for the past 6 years and I have never created an account because I just felt there wasn't a need to post anything.