BeautyHacker

Life After V Line Surgery

My face was square, flat and chubby. It was not cute at all. I looked kind of like a toad..lol. The vline does help but I prefer a U instead of a V and to not push the chin forward. This is what I regret about my surgery. The chin point is pushed forward too much and a little crooked to the right..again no one notices it but me. I just think a U shape is softer and more natural. Especially if you have a big head and big cheekbones, a V makes your head look like a diamond. Not the shape of a diamond but like the shape of a diamond jewel. I think that's what ID's style was in the past but they have all new models on their website now with smaller faces.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that your surgery turned out like that :sad: I have a wide face too, almost more of a pear than a square. It's already like a U but a very broad one lol.. I'd prefer a V shape to be honest though I hope it wouldn't look weird from the side. Do they always push the chin forward? Mine is wide and not too prominent so I'd rather just have it made much smaller and left where it is.

Which clinics have you heard are most reputable for V line? I emailed ID but I think I'll give them a miss now! Also contacted Wonjin and the Line surgery. :smile:

My face shape pre surgery was very narrow but long, so it looked like a long face. My chin didn't really taper in towards the middle of my face.

I still wanted a U-curve in my chin, which is what I got but my face also looks more V shaped now in the sense that my chin tapers in at the middle, which it never used to really before.

The doctors will be able to tell you if chin fat will become more obvious post-surgery.

In my case, my chin was set back, not forwards, which is why the fats become more pronounced.

However, as the swelling goes down it's not looking too bad.

Hey as this thread is called Life after VLine - I was wondering are those rumours true that you feel the cold a lot more on your face, could it be arthritic in later life?

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,
I had a v-line surgery done at ID Hospital and it was the worst decision of my life. I have been struggling with the repercussions of this surgery since this time. They did acculift, fat grafting and v3 lifting at the same time which did not last...they didn't warn me that I would risk complete facial sagging with the v-line surgery. They took out too much fat and aged me about 15 years. I just had a smas face lift and a cheeklift to try to fix the damage resulting from the surgery. My chin is pointy and unnatural and my chin is still numb. The two side of my face are completely assymmetrical and the chin is asymmetrical as well. They want me to fly out there and see them again to see if it can be "fixed", however, I'm hesistant to have them do anything on me anymore. I would never recommend anyone getting this surgery. The skin sagging that I sustained was severe.

Questions for other people who have had this done...
1) do you know of any place that can do revisions of v-line surgeries gone wrong?
2) do you guys know of anyone in the U.S. who does revisions
3) have any of you been left with a weird pulling sensation in your gums whenever you move your jaw?
4) have any of you had the facial sagging fixed? If so, did it leave you with a sharp, pointy chin?

Hi Chigirl, I'm terribly sorry about your experience. I had a bad experience e with ID as well years ago and it's similar to yours. My face was asymmetrical, I experienced sagging, pulling on my lower lip, and my chin was too pointy. I just had surgery a couple of weeks ago at Face Dental and it fixed the problems I experienced from ID. They made my chin and cheekbone symmetrical.

ID told me to fly out there as well but remember the only one you are communicating with is Yumi and Stacy who I believe are their English consultants. They'll be kind to you via email and make promises. I flew out there and they didn't even have my appointment when I checked in. I flew thousands of miles only to see Dr. Park for 5 minutes and for him to suggest Botox to fix my chin asymmetry, which was total bs.

I would pay the thousands it would cost to have another place fix it. In my case, I didn't want to touch my jaw again so I went to Face Dental and fixed my chin and cheekbone for 7 million won.

Again I'm so sorry you are going through this as it's the same thing I experienced from ID and it consumed me for years. I hope people will stop going there.

Do you think it was Dr. Park who did your surgery? Because I feel like an intern did mine with all the mistakes that occurred with my surgery.

As for face sagging, I was told thread lift would fix it but I'm too scared to do it. You also had V3 lifting so that supposedly should've fixed the sagging but I think their photos are doctored. I didn't want to mess with my face anymore so I'm just putting up with the sagging. Feel free to chat with me on kakao. My id is meemeepeenay. Take care.

I still have a weird pulling sensation in my gums but I'm only 2 months post op.

I still have a portion of my chin and lip that is numb too but it's very slowly getting better.

Hi,
Thank you for your response...I have no idea if Dr. Park really did my surgery or not. I went to Seoul by myself and recovered by myself. I have been battling the bad effects of this surgery since I had it done in April of 2014. I never thought I would be in this position.

I just got a facelift, cheeklift through a lateral eye incision with canthoplasty, and rhinoplasty with an American plastic surgeon to correct all of the skin sagging that I ended up with and now have a huge nose (I think he doesn't know about Asian noses), a huge upper/middle face, and a pointed chin, which were not so obvious before the facelift. My eyes are now elongated and point downward. It seems like one disaster if causing another disaster. I wasn't anticipating this would be the result of trying to get this all fixed or doing the jaw surgery in the first place. All of the pictures on the website looks so amazing. You just assume that you're going to end up prettier after the surgery, not uglier. It's a wrong assumption.

I personally think that these surgeries should be more regulated or even outlawed if they are done for purely cosmetic reasons. These are major, dangerous, permanent surgeries with a high incidence of side effects, which I didn't discover until I researched it further AFTER the surgery (so careless!) and had the bad results.

Asian women are put under so much pressure to be not only smart but pretty, too. I don't know about you guys, but my parents had no hesitation to tell me how round and flat my face and head were when I was growing up. When you here this repeatedly, you begin to feel that you have something wrong with you that must be fixed and the websites give you hope that it can be fixed.

Did you end up getting a facial fat graft to help with the asymmetry? I was left with deep, asymmetric hollows in my lower cheeks after ID hospital did their work on me. I still can't smile normally.

Hi Chigirl, I never did fat graft as my face was fat to begin with. If there was a way to reverse the skin sagging from ID then it wouldn't be as bad. I did acculift at Jewelry but I don't think it works.

I'm really angry at ID for making me fly all the way back there only to tell me I need Botox to fix the asymmetry they caused on my chin. I even cried walking back to my hotel. I am glad however that Face Dental fixed my problems but of course I still have sagging.

I don't think all places are bad just ID for using fake photoshopped photos and switching doctors. I really wish I was better versed with the Korean legal system so I can sue their a$$.

Just thought I would update. I'm now over 9 weeks post op. My double chin has basically dissapeared now.

I am still suffering tingly / numb in one small part of my chin. My bottom lip also looks a little strange still bevause of this when I talk.

I met someone today I haven't seen since before surgery and they noticed this right away. They put it down to dental work and I agreed it was:s

I'm feeling a bit self conscious now! Hehe

Seriously though I do not know how some people go back to work 2 weeks after this surgery!!

I did v-line + sliding genio last October. No sagging yet! Hope it never comes....

I do think my chin is too long now and I want it shorter, does anybody have experience with this? Like pricing and procedure possibilities wise?

Please share the name of the clinic?

Hi HJ88,

What kind of food are you eating after you had the v line surgery. If you are eating out or ordering takeaway, what kind of Korean foods would you recommend?

I'm glad your double chin finally disappeared.

After vline, for the first few weeks I ate only soft foods like porridge, juk (congee), soup, protein powder, juice and eggs (soft omelette).

When I ate Korean takeaway I avoided spicy food until my stitches came out. I mainly ate Mandu (cut into very small pieces), Ddeok Guk, Juk and Sundubu. I also tried to avoid very salty foods to help with de-seelling:smile:

Aww. I have to wait one more week when my stitches get taken out then pig out the next day but I'm not sure if I should risk complication one day after my stitches get removed and a day before I fly back home.

The food monster is growing inside of me. I guess I have to wait until my next holiday here to sample the wide range of Korean food. Deswelling takes first priority.