BeautyHacker

Life After V Line Surgery

After your stitches are out you should be able to enjoy most korean foods:smile: just watch your salt intake and you'll be fine.

The key is to avoid getting anything caught in your stitches or anything spicy irritating them

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had vline surgery a little over 1 month ago. You know you're told that it takes 2 weeks to recover, well I think it takes way longer! At exactly 4 weeks you can probably go back to work without people not noticing too much. You are still very swollen.

- At about 3 weeks you can slowly try to eat normal foods cut very small.

***After 1 month***
- You eat funny because your lower lip is numb.
- Food gets stuck between your teeth and cheek, so you have to use your finger to clean it out or rinse with water.
- When rinsing with water, I notice that since my lower lip is still numb even keeping the water in my mouth is hard to do. First it's still a little painful because its pulling and second it's hard to keep your mouth closed tight to do the numb lower lip.

I was told things should improve in 3-6 months. You are only told this after the surgery. Before the surgery you're told it takes 2 weeks to recover. I sort of feel lied to.

Also at 1 month, I saw very little to no improvement on my jawline due to the swelling. I guess this helps if you're returning to work people wont know you did anything. Gradually, you'll see the changes and no others might not notice which is a good thing.

Bottom line, I dont think it's a smart idea to return to work at 2 weeks unless you dont care if others know. Maybe 3 weeks but not 2 weeks.

Agreed! Even almost 3 months post op people are asking if I had tonsils out! I still look a little strange because of the way my mouth is moving + swelling and numbness.

• 1 month later...
HI everyone! A bit new to the forums. I'm planning on getting very mild jaw surgery to achieve a more v-line.

I just wanted to let you guys know that if you see some of ID clinic's before afters, you can tell they are photoshopped :/ Make sure you compare the ears and see if they're the same. Also, having the exact same expression and edited-looking hair and clothes is obvious too.

Has anyone heard of Small Face clinic? I've been following them for years but they don't seem too well known by foreigners. I really like their results and will most likely consult with them for zygoma and jaw reduction in the future. I might consider bigger, more popular clinics but I don't want to be charged a crazy high price just to go to a big hospital that isn't very personal.

Small Face used to be really popular with foreigners (esp for zygoma reduction) years ago, especially on the older forums like Cozycot. You should be able to find plenty of reviews on it. People started moving away from it because a lot of people were unhappy with their results years down the track

Oh wow must have been when I took a break from keeping up with the cheekbone forums :O

I still check their B&A page every now and then and I like their results so much/

You should check out Lolipop's posts. She has suffered from slight sagging.

Luckily no sagging for me

• 1 month later...
Well I had my surgery at the beginning of May and I'd say sensation has returned 95% to my lower lip and chin.

There is still about a 5% tingly sensation at my lower left lip and chin that has not completely returned yet.

It is getting better every month, but the healing there has been very slow. Smile has returned to normal despite this though :smile:

Thought everyone might find this report done by ABC Nightline in 2014 about Korean Plastic Surgery interesting. The two ladies featured, Christina and Jessica both have v-line procedures done at JK Plastic Surgery Center.

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/south-koreas-growing-obsession-cosmetic-surgery/story?id=24123409
The video starts playing automatically and continues for 3 videos.

I love Jessica's post surgery look! :loveeyes: Completely drastic! Christina's post surgery is a bit subtle but you can tell the difference between her old and new face shape.

Super informative video. Thanks for posting it Schrodinger. Sends chills down my spine when Jessica and Christina talk about the possibility of death. Although Christina spent 3 months in the hospital??? It always seemed like 2 weeks is the recovery period for v-line. The cost is extreme too if, rhino, fat grafting, and v-line is a mortgage on a house.

Thank you for sharing the video.

I wish I can improve my looks as well..

unfortunately I still need got tons to save still. sigh.

• 2 months later...