BeautyHacker

OMG deaths in Korea from MERS

maybe leave your baby with your parents? I think immune system of children are weaker best not to take that risk

For those of you who are otherwise healthy I think now is actually a good time to come to do surgery, as Seoul is dead right now!

Most of the shops are having huge sales to attract customers bevause the tourists have all dissapeared.

Apparently the plastic surgery clinics are experiencing low volume too: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/mobile/asiapacific/south-korea-businesses/1911500.html

All the better for bargaining;)

Ha Ha - like the movie - he died with a falafel in his hand - she died with a Chanel bag on her arm.

UPDATE MON 22 JUNE South Korea's health ministry reported on Monday two more deaths in the country's Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) outbreak, which the World Health Organization said was "large and complex," bringing the number of fatalities to 27.

Twenty seven fatalities in Sth Korea, that's not a small number. I read that Samsung Hospital in Busan is infected. In fact a 37 year old doctor has come down with it. They did not quarantine a MERS patient and stuck them with other patients. A visitor to the hospital to see a relative in the ward has contracted MERS too.

MERS is now in Thailand too.

I'm here in Korea now and it seems everyone is still doing and living like normal. No one is scared at all. The clinics are slow, but I figure that because it's slow season since the kids wont get out of school till July. Hence the reason I wanted to come in June.

Yeah it is kind of a non-event here now. Now that they know its not air borne most people aren't even bothering with masks unless they are old.

I think it would be dangerous if you needed to visit the ER. Otherwise... everyone i know is doing the same old.

So you think it's gonna be busy in mid August?

They don't know how you get it, that's the problem. But they know it's not airborne.

Some of the doctors got it from the patients so I think it's unlikely to be spit related.. But I don't know;)

u never know, if the attraction is strong enough haha.....

Anyways i just read this: http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2014/05/commentary-protecting-health-workers-airborne-mers-cov-learning-sars

Its an article last year so i don't know if studies have come to new conclusions now but it says:

Risk factors for MERS-CoV transmission
It is inappropriate and premature to conclude that MERS is not an airborne or aerosol-transmissible disease—especially in healthcare settings.

:S anyone know anything about this?