BeautyHacker

Rhinoplasty with DR. Man Koon Suh at JW in Korea

Hi babe, gosh I'm so sorry to hear about VIP :sad: I did both lateral and median osteotomy- I had the typical bulbous nose, that was pretty much wide throughout. Right now the results (>2 months since surgery) are pretty much settled and I find that the results are quite natural and it wasn't really a big change from my previous look- basically friends don't notice unless I tell them. It's what I asked for and Dr Suh agreed with, because I have a wide, square face and a small nose wouldn't look proportional for me. I notice it though! My rhino with Dr Suh was a primary rhino, not a revision. I hope this helps you with your planning.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to know if the quote will be Lower if it was asked in Korean, I was quoted for 5500 usd for nose bridge,tip and alar reduction.

• 2 years later...
Hi I am going to JW for my revision rhino, ptosis , and double eyelid. May I see your BA picture? Or may I pm talk to you on kakao / line / wa? That will means a lot because I am so nervous

Thank you

• 7 months later...
Hi, i’m planning to have rhinoplasty at JW with dr Man Koon Suh, i read some bad review about JW, this is my first time having plastic surgery so i really need to find a suitable doctor for me and need to have good review anout jw. So far from what i read from forum the main concerns is doctor swapping during surgery, its so scary just to imagine it. If you will be kind enough to talk to me privately , i would appreciate it so much, thanks

Hi Clara, have you had your surgery at JW? If you did how was it? May i see you BA pics? Im really nervous too since this is my first time to do surgery, if possible pls give me your line id so i can talk to you privately, thanks

• 8 months later...
Sorry to say but JW truly dissapointed me. I regret so much ever going there and that was the worst decision i’ve ever made and now I have to hide from the world and waiting til’ I can get revision surgeries (definitely not going back to them for this!)

• 2 weeks later...
What surgery did you have in JW? Nose surgery?

• 1 month later...
I had a revision rhinoplasty at JW. The nose is very deviated ever since the beginning (since the cast was removed) at first I thought the deviation is due to the swelling but now I’m quite certain it’s really deviated. The shape is also quite disturbing because I’ve had a few consultation here with some sg plastic surgeons and all of them said that the nose is very deviated because the silicone implant is too long before I even mentioned it. Other than that I’ve been having breathing problem and runny nose for about 5 months already. Beware of the marketing tactics and gimmicks, sometimes it could really cloud your judgment. They way they present themselves on social media and brand new building and nicely done interior do not guarantee that they have the skills and integrity to do what’s best for the patient. The post- surgery service is also terrible, I had to beg every time for the hairwash service. Whenever I had problems with my recovery the consultant who handled me didn’t even care or at least pretended to care just a little bit. She’s often appeared very annoyed whenever I expressed my concerns. Please beware that once they’ve taken your money, you’ll not have any values anymore or any bargaining power to them. I hope by writing about my personal experience here I’ll be able to help others to avoid the same mistake that I’ve made.

• 3 months later...
Hi Clara! I'm so sorry that I only just saw this message. I sort of forgot all about my account here as I did my nose job so long ago & was contented with the results that I kind of just went on with life. I only reopened this account this year, because I started researching FC procedures. Did you go for your surgeries in the end? I'm happy to chat more on kakao!! Please PM me or let me know your ID.

Hi Exogirl! I was a hugeeeee TVXQ fangirl haha as you can tell from my username. I'm so sorry that I only just saw this message!!! As I mentioned earlier, I got my nose job in 2015 and was happy with it, so I just went on with life and I kind of forgot all about my account here until this year when I started researching FC procedures. I'm not sure if this is still helpful, but at the time when I did my surgery with JW in 2015, I had never heard of doctor swapping. It is truly scary indeed :sad: Where have all the medical ethics gone and what does the Hippocratic's Oath even mean to those horrible people who do that! They shouldn't even have the gall to call themselves doctors. I am happy to chat with you privately! Please PM me or let me know your ID.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello
Sorry I know this is a very old thread but I was reading your surgery day experience with Dr Suh and you said quote :
When I woke up, I could hear voices talking and Dr. Suh doing the osteotomy. I fidgeted a little cos I have the protruding tailbone and I hardly ever lie flat on my back haha. I got told by the nurse immediately to stay still. Anyway, they soon finished and it was around 8pm. They said the surgery went smoothly so I was relieved. I went back to my guesthouse and rested.

Does that mean you woke up in the middle of him performing surgery? Whilst you were under general anesthesia?
Seems quite alarming to me .

Hi! Yes, I woke up near the tail-end of the surgery. I didn't feel any pain at all, but I was definitely awake and I am certain I heard Dr. Suh speaking, as well as the nurses telling me to stay still.

I wasn't alarmed because I read that some people in the forums have also had this experience? K Couture for example.

Oh ok. It just sounds so scary to me, that's all, or maybe I would be more nervous than what you were. I'm considering getting my bulbous nose re-done by him but not so sure and it will be using rib cartilage too. I've seen the before/after photos on their website, their ok but nothing to shout about, it's just so hard with the budget I'm on.