BeautyHacker

Best clinic for dolly eyes?

I'm in Seoul right now and have consulted Ruby, Baum, TLPS, View, Cinderella.
I'll make a post on how each went later but for now, all the clinic consulting has got my head so jumbled up.

Could anyone suggest me clinics that do nice dolly style eyes? I plan to see girin, secret, and dream tommorow.

All clinic doctors say I need incisional DES with ptosis as I rely on my forehead muscles to open eyelid and epicanthoplasty fror enlargement.

Ruby and Cinderella says I need lateral because my eye width is short while others say I don't need it. When I asked why, TLPS pretty much said that lateral isn't worth it because the change is too little and will close up over time. This contradicted Ruby who said it would not close up and would be permanent. (Ruby also suggested me to do lateral hotz, the only clinic to suggest hotz)

View said that my brow bone or muscle was not long enough and therefore I don't need it. I tried to have that explained because it doesn't really make sense if I'm getting ptosis to stop my eyelid muscles from relying on the forehead then how should that affect lateral canthoplasty? But he only reiterated the "short brow" reasoning and it wasn't really getting anywhere so I dropped it.

Personally, I feel like I would look better with lateral bc, the right side of my eye for sure has less white than the right but I'm no surgeon so these contradictions are throwing me off. The outer corners of my eye are also a tad high and my eyes are much shorter compared to most people.

Baum was just confusing. The english translator was not in so we just relied on the doctor's english skill which was alright. Not terrible, good enough to communicate most stuff. The Baum doctor only suggested me to get DES and ptosis the whole time but later near the end when I mentioned if I needed epi or lateral he said okay I could get it... but never brought it up himself. I'm guessing this is because Baum is more for natural look(?).

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not.
Despite the high price and some history of bad reviews, I'm considering Cinderella because compared to other doctors he demonstrated the best looking eyelid crease. The other doctors shaped my eyelid multiple times but not one really got a shape that looked really nice. The chief doctor at Cindy got it right in just the first few times. The things holding me back at this point are the steep price of 4 mil, the few bad reviews, and how pushy Jacob, the english translator was.

My other choice is girin. I'm skeptical about their claims about having a "special technique" doing lateral unlike other clinics. I feel like it may just be a marketing gimmick. Their consultation was long however it was very informative and made me feel confident in their lateral surgery. Lateral seems to be one of the trickier eye surgeries but at the same time eye surgery in general compared to other stuff like rhino, facial contouring, etc. is basic and should be an easier surgery. (Backing this part up with the fact that I stopped in a korean pharmacy with a friend after consultations to buy some stuff and decided to ask the pharmacist if she knew of or could reccommend any clinics for eyes. She mentioned Dream but wasn't sure and said that eye surgery was one of most basic and easier surgeries etc. etc....... Yeah, it was extremely random but what did we have to lose at this point? Where else can you run into another decent english speaker with medical knowledge to give us an unbiased opinion...)

I would check the reviews on the board about Girin. And do a few more in person consults.

Kim Cho Rok has HUGE eyes, OMG...

Yes lol but she wears circle lens and I'm sure she photoshop her eyes a little bigger..
I have read on girin but will probably re-read again to refresh memory

I figured that she did. I looked at a bunch of pictures. If I can achieve Angelbaby size I'll be happy.

Please do re-read about Girin. I'm going back 6 months to read about all clinics. But the reviews on that one are scary.

TsubasaHime,
I agree w/ eurasianbeauty, you should do a bit more research about Girin (you can also search about it on Realself), they have very mixed reviews.

My surgery at Jewellry is a failure.I didn't get what I hope for. My eyes and nose still look the same, I had inner and outer eyes cut, dark eye circle removal, surgery to reduce nose.My eyes not much changes, my dark eye circle is still visible and my nose is still wide and bulbous. I try to contact them for a revision and they didn't reply.

JW is more to the Natural side. I have 2 real life female friends and 1 male friend who went to JW for DES. Not together at the same time but they did it at JW. Too natural to notice to a point where it felt like they got nothing done. Not in a good way tho lol. I mean it defeat the purpose of getting PS in the first place?

Sorry to hear it didn't go well for you :sad: I also heard that Jewelry was the clinic whose staff posted photos during an operation on social media.

It was. Grand is where some died. I am not sure what clinic it was where they made 2 towers out of jaw bones with the patients' names on them (they are supposed to be disposed of properly after surgery).

Yes. I have read about the staff at Jewelry celebrating the surgeon‘s birthday in the operating room while a patient lay on the bed unconscious, staff eating hamburgers and playing with breast implants, yet I went to them, now I regret and wish I didn't.