BeautyHacker

EPICANTHOPLASTY REVERSAL/REVISION - My experience

Wow I figured it would be more around 2mil. :/ I will definitely try to haggle in-person. I guess I am a bit easy to please as I'm willing to choose a revision clinic based on photos and as long as I am happy with the consultation. I'll be going to Dr. Chung for the moment, unless I can find good result and better prices elsewhere. (http://www.eveplastic.co.kr/english/clinic_13.htm)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think ultimately, it depends on your own condition and which doctor is able to solve it. I have contacted both of them. I don't think I am in the position to judge who is better since I have not done any surgeries with them yet, but if I were to choose, I would go for Dr Chung. Dr Chung told me that he is able to remove 70% - 80% of my white scars.

I actually find Dr Shin from Shinseung to be quite rude and he also mentioned that epi reversal will lead to scarring. Actually, after communicating with him, I do not find him to be skillful at all. However, this is just an opinion of mine. It may or may not be true.

Since my concern is more on getting rid of the white scars at my inner corners, I will not want to risk scarring again. I think Dr Chung's method will suit my condition more as his method minimizes scarring. However, my skin scars very easily hence I am still hesitating. In the event where I decide not to go ahead, I will most likely tattoo my scars instead.

On a side note, please be mindful that there will be 2 incisions under Dr Chung's epi reversal method. 3mm at the inner corner and 7mm below the lower lash line. 7mm on the face can be quite obvious to be honest. And no matter how a doctor convinces you that there will be no scarring, you really need to understand that all incisions lead to scarring.

Please update here thank you! Did you have contacted to Dr Chung?

• admin locked and unlocked this topic
Hi Thuy Duong, for my case, I do not want to decrease too much, just a little bit will do. I like the current length and shape of my eyes but I want to remove the white scars at the inner corners of my eyes and epi reversal is the only way.

Yes, the 2 incisions at inner corner and below the lower lash line is Dr Chung's method. If you ask him, he will tell you about it too. This is why I keep hesitating too. Even though he can remove most of my scars, eventually there will still be new scars, hence it defeats the purpose of me doing this surgery.

By the way, all epi reversal leads to scarring. There is no way the doctors can hide the scars since they are taking the surrounding skin and then sewing it back. Not sure if you can visualize it but yeap. If your skin doesn't scar easily, you can look for a doctor who is good at stitching because usually the scarring will not be that bad if their stitching is good.

Since my concern is getting rid of these unsymmetry eyes too close together which change me to mean look , older than 5 years , feirce and lost the cutiness . Thus i have to choose right doctor who is very skillful at this point .Do you think dr Chung is the good person at stiching? My skin scars easily too so i'm very considering. And what is the Dr shin's method. Are they risking more scarring than Dr Chung's method ? Would u mind sharing about the cost of revision? And 100% scarring will not disappear?

Hello, I was wondering if you have consulted to both of them through kakaotalk or directly in their clinic? I wonder if direct consultation with them is free? I contacted them asking about my concern and appointment for direct consultation but just forget to ask if it is free or not lol. (since surgery alone is expensive already)

For now I still don't know which one is better, Dr Shin or Dr Chung. From their past works on website, I prefer Dr. Shin's work but I don't find a connection when I talked about my problems with him. Another side, Dr. Chung leaves 'rest assured, I can handle that' kind of feeling when I talked about my problem... so I make an appointment for them both :/

Please, anyone who did a revision with one of them, can you share your photo with me? my kakaotalk: chrysantdesu

Can you messag me :smile: Thank you

• 3 months later...
Hi guys, I was away for some time but recently re-contacted the respective doctors and had a change of opinions on them. Regarding Dr Shin from Shinseung, I have to say he is really a very honest person. Understand that I previously mentioned that he was rude but now that I think about it, I feel that I was quite impatient at that time because I was desperately looking for a solution to my problem but he wasn't able to guarantee that he is able to solve it. I may have misunderstood him the previous time. However, I do feel that he is very honest and doesn't anyhow guarantee things like some other doctors who ended up not fulfilling the things that they say.

Not sure if anybody here experiences the same issue as me. But the gap between the start of my double eyelid line and my inner corners are quite far apart, even for a parallel crease. I am not sure if this is the result of my own eyes anatomy but this is also why I am planning to do epi reconstruction to make the start of my double eyelid line closer to my inner corners. It can be quite similar to changing a parallel crease to a tapered crease, though for my case, it may be more complicated due to the great distance between the start of my double eyelid line and my inner corners. I personally feel that the risk of doing epi reconstruction is too great especially the scarring part. Hence, I may not want to proceed to do epi reconstruction anymore but should anyone of you have further information on this, please share. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

I also want to remove the white scars below my inner corners, but I have now found a better solution, which is to do permanent cosmetic scar tattoo in Australia. It seems to be a lesser risk option for me. In the event where anyone of you is also experiencing having white scars after undergoing epi surgery, you can look into doing permanent cosmetic scar tattoo in Australia. There are many clinics doing these kind of cosmetic scar tattooing in Australia and also UK, though UK is too far for me already.

Hey Thuy, I have not met him for face to face consultation. Noted that some people in this forum mentioned that their face to face consultation with him were unclear. This was also what I felt when talking to him via kakao. However, I think I also misunderstood him. You may refer to my previous post for more clarification. Sadly, he wasn't able to solve my issue but he may be able to solve yours.

I am not sure about Dr Chung''s stitching skills to be honest. I remember someone in this forum mentioned that he/ she experienced a keloid scar after doing epi reversal with Dr Chung. You may also refer to the post by Deepeyes. She did posted a review about Dr Chung too. All epi reversal will definitely result in scarring. If you scar easily, it will be even more so.

• 5 months later...
Hi, would you please share your photos with me? I was botched by Dr. Garth Fisher in Beverly Hills.
Hi, would you please share your photos with me? I was botched by a Beverly Hills doctor.

• 9 months later...