BeautyHacker

Question about Peak Season and E-Cigarettes/Vaping Prior to Rhinoplasty

I was originally planning to go to Korea from Nov. 16 - 30 for Rhino, but realized only today a lot of doctors recommend quitting up to 4 months pre-op. I've been using a 0.6 mg nicotine vape to help me quit smoking for about 6 months now, if i stop today will i be ok to have an operation around the 16th/17th of november? (so about 1 month of no vaping)

Also i could consider putting leaving for korea off until the first few days of december, and maybe have operation on december 2 or 3 instead so i have more time to flush nicotine out of my system but will it be worth it? is there a difference between mid november and early december for operations?

I can't speak for your surgeon's recommendations, but I quit 24hrs before my lipo last May xD (I started smoking again after a week lol)
I'll be going mid Nov for breast augmentation, possibly rhino and more lipo. So far the doctors I've met have told me to quit for a month
or at the very least 3 weeks. Either way, the longer you stop smoking is the way to go to avoid complications and promote better healing ;)

If you've booked a surgery slot I don't think it matters, just that Dec is peak season, so clinics will be very busy.
Have you asked your doctor whether it's okay to proceed with the surgery?

• 3 years later...
I can't say about smoking before rhinoplasty, but I think you should quit smoking for at least one month. I know, that it's hard but it depends on your internal wish. I remember how I wanted to quit smoking cigarettes. It was kinda difficult but my friend with whom I work, told me that I can buy vape liquid UK that can help me to substitute the cigarettes. However, I bought them from the online store and when the package has arrived, I couldn't wait to test it. So, when I opened I instantly got checked it. The taste was pretty nice, and actually one month later, I noticed that the result becomes more positive.