BeautyHacker

Rhinoplasty - Questions and Recommendations

Hi everyone,

I'm an Asian guy planning on going to Korea for rhinoplasty. Specifically, I want alar reduction and I'm also thinking about making the tip of my nose less bulbous, as it would probably look quite big once I have my alar reduced.

I have been reading a lot of the old threads to do with rhinoplasty but I still have some questions:

1) What are some of the best clinics and surgeons for rhinoplasty? The ones that I have seen mentioned frequently are:
- April 31 (Dr Jae Hoon Kim)
- JW (Dr Suh)
- Dream (Dr Park)
- MVP (Dr Seo)
- ITEM (Dr Kim Jin-Sung)
- Cinderella
- JK
- TLPS

I have heard that prices are high for April 31, Cinderella and JW, but my main concern is that I get a good result (I really want to avoid having to get revision rhinoplasty).

[Just in case anyone else is interested, I have read bad things about Wonjin and Grand. Also, even though YouTubers and bloggers heavily promote Banobagi (because they are offered free surgery), Banobagi doesn't seem to be highly recommended.]

2) I have heard that after a few years, you may need to go back for rhinoplasty again because the nose may change. Is this only the case if you put material in your nose (e.g. silicon and cartilage)? Does alar reduction and bulbous tip reduction require anything to be put in the nose? Will I likely need to go back in a couple of years?

3) I am thinking of going either in December or before April next year. December would be perfect because I have lots of days off then BUT I will only be able to spend 2 weeks in Korea and I doubt I will be able to consult different surgeons AND get the surgery done in one trip (because I heard December is really busy). Will I face this problem in January/February/March? I really want the consultations and surgery done in one trip.

Also, how far in advance do I have to book consultations?

4) Also, can someone confirm how long I have to wait after surgery before I can fly?

Sorry for all the questions! If you can help with any of these, I would massively appreciate it.

I too am interested in only tip-plasty. I contacted April31 because of the great reviews I heard and was aware of their higher prices. But they try to push an additional procedure on me (shaving of my hump, which I HAVE NO HUMP) and quoted me 6-7mil won for. That's a full rhinoplasty and then some. Thanks but no thanks.

Really? I felt the same way. I thought they were recommending me some off topic things. I also consulted with Cinderalla but I felt like their cs was really out the window. I'm interested in April, Grand, or GNG hospital. GNG Hospital is more towards the top of my list though cause it seems more legit. I am planning to go in Feb if anyone else will be there around that time!! :biggrin:

Yes, so I crossed April off my list. I also contacted GNG and customer services was very helpful and informative. Though it did get a little awkward when I asked for price and was informed about putting a deposit down if I wanted to set a date because apparently dates fill up fast and they can't guarantee surgery day. :noworry:

2 weeks is definitely enough to do consultation (all on 1 day) and having the surgery the day after. My friend had nose done at JW with Dr. Suh and she's pretty happy

P.S: Doing the above in December is possible. That's what my friend did :smile:

1) Since you are a guy, I wouldn't recommend Cinderella. ITEM is also not known to produce good results. Recently, GNG has also been popular for their natural results but there aren't enough reviews yet. Banobagi usually isn't highly recommended because of the high price and their natural style, but I like my nose from them- it's a very natural enhancement. It suits my features perfectly.

2) The risk for calcium deposits on the silicone causing the appearance of the nose to warp may take 10-35 years according to a study. For autologous material such as donor cartilage or rib cartilage, it can be absorbed by the body causing a warped appearance. It seems like a lot of people go for nose revision, probably more than eyelid revision. So it's important to choose your primary surgeon carefully and make 100% sure that they understand what you want. Also to correct your bulbous nose, different procedures may be recommended by different surgeons. Some may advocate for implants as well as tiplasty, depending on how bulbous it is. It's better to consult with your surgeons directly on this.

3) I went for surgery last December. You have quite a few 'popular' clinics on your list whose top surgeons may be fully booked during this period. If you want to shop around for a surgeon instead of paying a deposit, April would be better. My clinic was packed and the surgeons were super busy as this is the peak time for surgery amongst locals and foreigners as we all have a lot of days off. If you want to book consultations for December, you should book 1 month + in advance. If it's April, I think 1 month's notice is enough.

4) If it's nose stitches, I had my septum stitches out on day 6 and my inner stitches out on day 11 post-surgery. Not to rush you, but a lot of hospitals back home might not agree to take your stitches out for you, or they will ask for a high fee. it's better to have your surgery done in the first few days of arrival if you're there for 14 days.

I just got my primary done with April 31., Dr Kim. BEYOND HAPPY! Especially with my thick, oily skin! It is expensive but truly worth the investment not having to pay for a revision! I would suggest to get consultation for every doctor since 99% of the time its free. See who gives you the most attention and seems like they genuinely care. I was turned off by a lot of clinics because felt rushed and seemed like they only wanted my money. Trust your gut instinct! Wish you the best ^^

*Also April 31 website is not impressive especially looking at their Before & After photos. However, I've talked and seen numerous girls with more complicated, bulbous nose and their results were amazing! April 31 doesn't invest their money on online marketing like most commercial clinics. They emphasis on the education part of plastic surgery and take pride in teaching other Korean & American doctors. Also, investing in publishing books on rhinoplasty, etc.. Really impressive! Don't judge a book by its cover! I've talked to many clients from different clinics. See if the majority are happy! If there are negative reviews recently, I would not consider that doctor. Good luck!

Hi Do you mind sharing more informationon your surgery? Which other doctors did you consult with? Please PM if you can. Thank you!