BeautyHacker

Is December/Christmas time a good time to fly out to SKorea for a procedure?

I'm thinking of doing a procedure that won't require general anesthesia at SKorea. It looks like I may have time to fly out on the Thursday before the Christmas/New Years week. Is this a good time or is it rush? Should I make plans now?

Thanks in advance.

Also, if anyone else plans on doing this procedure around this time, please PM me so that maybe we could support one another! Or point me to a group for support and I'd really appreciate that. Thanks!

Hi :smile:
It's rush time for all clinics because it's winter break, and it means a lot of people coming in clinics to get surgery or cosmetic procedures.
But if your procedure doesn't require general anesthesia it should be okay
Christmas is a good time for cosmetic deals also
I wouldn't recommend having invasive/heavy surgery during that period of time because some (not all) clinics might rush your surgery which isn't good
I'm still planning to go get my surgery there in December cause that's the only time where I can run away from school haha

Hey, I remember you had mentioned that you worked in a clinic in some thread (I could be wrong?). Have you noticed influxes of patients in December from your experience? Is it so bad that I would have to schedule appointments well in advance?

I wouldn't say 'Appointments' is bad dear ^^ but definitely, 'Paying money for appointment in advance is bad idea'.

Actually most of we, Korean is not makes appointment or payment for just consultation but no problem.

If you don't make decision to get surgery in one specific clinic surely then, don't pay, never, whoever talk about it.

Best way is make a 2 more days for 'Research about all of your clinic list.' in your sight

Most of people is investigating 3~7 clinics and make a decision 'in their country before comming to here' and pay.

This is worst idea.

Make 2 more days for research and Just bring all list and 'See youself'.

Researching 5clinics youself? if that all is in Gangnam or one area, you don't lazy, 2days is good enough.

Seeing yourself and Hearing from other is not same definitely.

Hello Andy, do you know if this clinic is good?

http://m.lavianps.com/

I couldn't find anything here.

Thanks

Definitely peak period in December as it is a long holiday break especially for students. Besides being busy, it also hard to bargain with a clinic during a peak period. But if you are only doing one minor surgery you likely don't have much room to bargain anyhow, so might be OK :smile:

Not famous in Korean. and most of Korean talk is advertisement in my sight.

One more tip...

There is specifice clinics calling 'Real' Gangnam plastic surgery in Korean you know?

Just locating in Gangnam... Seoul... is not Gangnam plastic surgery you foreigner's talking dear.

South Korea is not big but it's not meaning small...

Especially you know Seoul is Capital city. It's meaning some foreigners is confusing between

'서울(seoul)' and '강남(Gangnam)' Of couse Gangnam is middle area in Seoul but as I said..

There is specific clinics, Korean's Calling 'Gangnam plastic surgery clinic'

Ah... If I can upload drawing map image to here then more easy but this website is not support that.

So, simple explanation.

3 area point exactly.

Gangnam station, Nonhyun station, Sinsa station.

If any clinic address is far from this point more than 500m...

then we, Korean don't count that clinic as calling Gangnam plastic surgery and that Lavian you talked

is not in our calling Gangnam bla bla range.

Like uh... When I was in Beijing, China... you know peking duck food is famous in the world. So I just

tried to go any restaurant to try that but my chinese fren said... peking duck food is not same even

you are in Beijing, China. Exactly there is some specific area where made this well-famous in the world.

Same theory with this. Sometimes Reputation is very important thing dear.

I'm talking about Being or not.

Exactly If any one talk about some hospital in good or bad, however that is ok but...

'No reputation' is serious and most of all Korean talking about Lavian one is 'written' in my sight.

That's it all.

ps1 : -_-;;; tip is longer than original answer;;

ps2 : if you need more good information then correct my all broken English -_- deal.

Thank you for your answer and tip. English is not my mother language, so I dare not to correct you. Lavian is off my list now. I have these on my shortlist for consulations:
Item
April 31
JK- maybe not, because they told me to pay deposit and I lost trust for them. But they have Scalp treatment which I am really interested in... idk
Mvp- still waiting for their response on wechat
Opera-since they are literally on Gangnam station

Andy, pls one more question. I am looking for airbnb around Gangnam station, as it would be close to clinics as well for shopping, restaurants... is it necessary? Or accomodation close to Nonhyun is also good regarding earing out and shopping?

Thanks

Depens on what you prefer. If the clinics you intend to consult are all in Gangnam and you prefer to be able to walk from you accomodation to you clinic then gangnam is great, however, is usually more expensive as well. The Korean subway is very good and taxi's are also not expensive, so getting around isn't any issue. Also if you intend to visit other places for shopping like myeondong and dongdaemun then you might as well save some for shopping :smile: Good luck!

Tip. If any clinic suggest (looking good) option from start then take it as 'bait' to fishing you.

Now, return back to your question...

Technically, it is depend on your surgery. Normally, most of surgery need 2~3times Surgery After-treatment.

This meaning if you need to go hospital for several times treatment more than 3 visits then...

you'd better staying in place where nearby clinic.

Becoz your purpose is 'Good surgery and treatment' not shopping.

But if that need just 1~2 times simple cleaning sugical part like a double eyelid then..

you can enjoy shopping in convinent and nearby place oftenly where I can suggest nearby shopping area.

What's your surgery?