BeautyHacker

Any inputs from non-Asian experiences at PS in Korea?

This thread is meant to be a bit sour, so I apologize.

I notice that most foreigners that go to Korea for PS happen to be an Asian female and some mixed with white. That's fine. But I'm male and I'm not...traditionally Asian. I'm Middle Eastern and I have dark skin. I'm hoping if anyone (especially hoping for input from ME, Indian, or Black people) has any experience with PS in Korea.

My mom is against me going to Korea. She is a bit crazy and she thinks Korea is racist. Once I get sedated, the surgeons may not perform their best to give me the most optimal results...I obviously don't want to believe it, but I can see where she's coming from.

Any inputs? Thanks and sorry for offending anyone. I'd ask the same question no matter which country I'd have to go to. Opting for surgery puts me in a position of weakness, and I need to be sure that I'm in safe hands.

Ashly117, believe it or not, there is racism everywhere. From the United States to England and yes, even Korea.

However, I believe that surgeons in Korea honor some kind of Hippocratic oath the same as US doctors and any doctor on earth should do.

Although I look Caucasian, my family is Middle Eastern and I was fortunate enough to not face any discrimination during my stay in Korea (I was over charged on certain things lmao but thats a different story) That being said, my personal opinion is you should have no worries of surgeons performing badly based on some kind of belief that they have a "preference". Enjoy your stay in Korea!

I have been doing research for a while and there are many different races that get surgery in Korea. I've seen Black, white, Latina and Middle Eastern as well as Asian. Of course you see a lot of Asian because most of the patients are within Korea itself.

If you are overcharged, it's because anyone but South Koreans are. You can still negotiate, however. I have yet to see any foreigners die in Seoul. I don't think they want any problems there with that. The laws in other countries are very different. So all the deaths have been South Koreans.

I hope this helps allay some of your fears.

As @eurasianbeauty says indeed when you research Korean PS you will see that many different races have had surgery in Korea, and you will encounter any more or less racism there than in any other clinic in a (modern) country.

If you think about it in another way, if a clinic is also marketing to foreign clients, I am not sure they will want to risks having a rep for being racist since social media is so prevalent nowadays. Especially considering that there are over 1500 clinics in Seoul alone. I have been researching a long time and yes there almost all clinics will have good and bad results, just some more than others, but I have yet to come across one that is being said to be racist.

As for what @Sarahdomm mentions, not sure about the oath as I have not experience with that, what she mentions about foreigner pricing that is nearly a certainty unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

Yeah thanks for the inputs guys. IDK for some reason, I always feel like Asian countries don't really like dark skin. The countries that come to mind are China and Korea and possibly Japan...maybe its the false media I've been exposed to or something.