BeautyHacker

V Line Surgery at the Face Dental

No Dr. Lee speaks perfect English you don’t need an English translator.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were In Great hands, Dr. lee
Is amazing! And thanks for sharing your review. I can’t wait to have my surgery this October! I’m wishing you a speedy recovery! Xx

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hello :smile: 6 months post op. Thought I'd give an update.

To be honest, there isn't much to say, recovery is pretty boring. Every day a little bit of the feeling comes back, every day the swelling goes down a little. There's only so many ways I can reword those two statements because that's literally all that's going on.

To answer some questions and get some thoughts across:

- The price was fixed at 4.4m, I didn't bother negotiating because it was really cheap. I also asked some other users who went to TFD and they were quoted the same price

- Most of the feeling in my jaw is back but not all of it. It's coming back very, very, slowly, but even if it doesn't recover all the way I'm pretty okay with it

- I haven't been flossing the bottom front row of my teeth because it's still numb, and it feels weird

- The actually jaw bone is very small now, but I feel like my face is still a little too big for my tastes. It's the tissue/buccal fat/muscles though. The doctor told me they would rearrange themselves after 6 months, but I've never heard of anything like this. I have no reason to not believe him though, he never gave me any quack vibes

- I'm hoping my swelling isn't finished. I heal very slowly, and some people said their swelling completely disappeared after 9 months ~ a year so I'm pretty hopeful. Even if my face stays like this I'm pretty happy because it's very small

- A lot of random girls (my optometrist, waitresses, friends of friends, ect) complimented my pretty and small face shape

- Weirdly enough, people I know (family/friends) haven't noticed I did my jaw.. they notice my ptosis and des though, and think my face shape looks prettier but they're not sure why. A lot of them think I just lost some baby fat

I guess there's not really much else to say. Still hoping my face gets a bit smaller, but my bones are 100% v-line, it's just my fats and tissues at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
Never mind, the fixed price directly coming from Dr. Lee is 4.4 mil. DON'T CONSULT WITH SOMEONE NAMED OLIVIA. She was the one who quoted me 6.6 mil (trying to get herself a 2.2 mil commission..gross...). There are currently no English consultants or translators at TFD, only Dr. Lee speaks English fluently :smile:

I just had my surgery there on Tuesday, and is currently very swollen as Dr. Lee "got rid of" a lot of my masseter muscles as well. I chose to do Vline with t-osteotomy but paid an extra 1 million krw for dissolvable screws because the thought of having an object under my skin is creepy as heck.

• 2 weeks later...
The doc is pretty conversant in English though u had to use Google translator to talk to every one else
You can reach out to the doc directly on kakao if you have any questions after the consult

"The actually jaw bone is very small now, but I feel like my face is still a little too big for my tastes. It's the tissue/buccal fat/muscles though." I relate to this SO MUCH. My chin right after surgery looked FANTASTIC and exactly how small i wanted it to be but after 6 months it kept growing bc of the damned muscle/tissues/fat so it's not as small as I wanted it to be now UGH. Id say it is still big even though the bone reduction was significant but i was told by someone who saw my id (old chin) and said i looked younger LMAO. Also for the feelings, yeah i know. My chin has been recovering very slowly but its been much better after about 10 months. Just hoping it recovers completely when it hits a year and a bit more.

• 3 weeks later...
7 month update!
I guess I'm a slow healer because my swelling started going down even more after staying the same for a few months! I didn't really notice it at first but lately I felt quite satisfied with my smile even though I mostly look the same. I wasn't sure if the swelling was actually going down or if I just got used to my new face shape until the other day my mom pulled me aside and said she was worried about my health. Of course I was confused and i asked her why, because I felt perfectly fine! And she said well you look like you've lost some weight. I told her I was still 43kg and she said then why does your face look so much smaller lately? She didn't know I would deswell some more after 3 months.

I looked in the mirror and rubbed my chin, I also noticed a lot of feeling has returned. Tbh I've been so busy with life I haven't really been looking or poking around my face, I just focused on my life while kind of forgetting I had v line and very slowly but eventually everything was going well on its own.

I am very happy with my face shape right now though it is not completely perfect yet.. but because the swelling is still periodically going down I am very hopeful. I guess I'll be more patient!

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone there show me a bit of before and after of v line surgery and if you had side effects? because I want to do v line surgery too my kakao is ragazzanana

• 4 weeks later...
Hey guys!! I’m new to this thread! Can someone please post up a link to TFD website? I tried googling it but wasn’t sure if it was the correct one. I am interested in getting a mini v line procedure. Possibly sometime in Dec. Sounds like TFD is the clinic to go for that. Thanks so much!

http://thefacedental.co.kr

• 2 weeks later...
Hey ducktail!! How is your recovery now? TFD is sooo much cheaper than View or Regen! I am speaking with the doc directly now. Yes Olivia does upcharge. Do you have a before or after that you cam show us? I would like natural results as well and am super scared about sagging! I’m interested in V-Line and zygoma. Do you have metal plates ?