BeautyHacker

V Line Surgery at the Face Dental

Ten months post op update guys and I hope anyone who has tmj dysfunction or is considering getting v line or zygoma reduction reads this.

So my swelling went down a little more but it still wasn't enough. It's almost been a year and I was starting to get concerned. I tried my best to assess why I wasn't 100% satisfied with my face shape yet even though the jaw bone is very, very, small.

I don't remember if I ever posted this but I did have my first ever consultation with daprs on kakao. When I sent my photo for the doctor to assess he straight up told me I didn't need v line surgery because my jaw was already small.

While I was in Korea I also went to MVP for ptosis correction. The translator at MVP I had was Elizabeth. She was so sweet so we got to chatting and I told her I was getting v line surgery. She was pretty surprised and told me 'really? But your face is already small! I don't think you need it."

Dr Lee at TFD did end up operating on me. But most of it was genioplasty work, and while he did shave my mandible it was very minimal because he believed I didn't need that much reduction.

So here I am with everyone telling me my jaw bone is small but the shape still didn't look good enough. It took me some time to finally realize what the issue was.

- I don't have cheekbones. I never had zygoma reduction, I was just born with a small upper face. The 'v line' aesthetic isn't simply having smaller bones, it's the look of having the lower jaw look slimmer than the upper portion to make an egg or heart shape. Because my zygoma was already so flat my lower jaw didn't look as small as it really was. So if you guys want a v line please be careful not to reduce too much zygoma or none at all!

- my muscles never got smaller. I thought they swelled up from the surgery but it turns out they were inflamed by tmj dysfunction. I didn't get tmd from v line surgery, I've always had it. And before the surgery I asked Dr. Lee if the tmd would be affected in any way and he said no, it would not get better or worse because he was not working in that area and he was right, my tmd is exactly the same as before.

- after realizing the swelling from the operation was probably all gone I knew my next step was to fix the tmd. I started going to physiotherapy which surprisingly also helped with the parts of my jaw and chin that were still numb. Btw the rest of the numbness has gone away by now except for the front bottom row of my teeth and a tiny portion of my chin

- at the physiotherapists they had the same laser deswelling machine TFD had! It worked quite well too because the swelling in the muscles is finally going down now!

- had to start doing physio jaw exercises too and my tmd is finally going away. I feel and look better and while I'm not all the way there I finally see progress towards my ideal face shape

- so before any of you guys with tmd or bruxism jump into v line surgery please consider dealing with your tmd first! People with tmd often have swelled jaw muscles giving your face a square and boxy shape. You might be able to achieve the face shape you want without surgery if you take care of the muscles first

- don't get me wrong though I do not regret going to TFD. the genioplasty and the mandible reduction (no matter how minimal it was) DID improve my face shape a lot. Even if physio was the first thing I did it wouldn't have been enough for me personally and I still would have gotten surgery anyway

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops sorry I didn't see this!

My recovery is good, the first few days is awful and after that is smooth sailing besides the puffed up face and some numbness.

I'm not comfortable with before and after pictures sorry >< and I don't know how noticeable they are. I actually showed some of my friends (they didn't believe I had v line) my before pictures and they didn't even notice a difference.. They just thought I lost weight or grew into my features. So yea results are very very natural. The important thing is I notice the changes and I am happy with them!

I didn't sag at all. In fact I kinda feel like my fat and muscles defied gravity and moved up a little? Dr Lee told me this would happen so that's cool

I have a metal screw from genioplasty. I believe Dr Lee offers dissolvable screws but I didn't get any (I wish I did but it's not like I notice the metal ones anyway)

I hope my reply helps!

Thank you for sharing your experience.
I am still considering tfd , namu or view.
And i do have bruxisim ;( i got botox injection 2 months ago and it helped slightly.
I think i will do zygoma and mandible but both only small change. I wanna have a bit narrower face. Not perfect v line..

I
Im very happy for you! I’m glad you see a difference.its actually good that family and friends don’t notice. Did the metal screws affect airport security at all? And how old are you if you don’t mind me asking.

i have tmd - can you comment on what jaw exercises helped you?
Also do you know what caused your tmd in the beginning? I dont chew at night or anything, but i clench and only sometimes. my tmd is caused because braces elastic caused me to clench.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello :smile: one year post op. Nothing's changed from last time so I'll try to answer some questions

The metal screws didn't affect anything at all ^^ airport security didn't say anything about it haha. I am in my early-mid twenties!

My tmd was caused by an assymetrical bite, and poor posture. I had to do lots of posture exercises and buy a buckwheat pillow. I've also started taking magnesium supplements for the clenching.

The muscles still feel inflamed and swelled its so frustrating! The surgery made the bones so tiny. Maybe it's just a problem with me because many people including random girls have commented on my small face so Id say overall the surgery was a success, I just wish my Jaw muscles were slimmer and not swelled up.

• 1 month later...
hii i'm also interested in v line surgery. but my face is a bit square and i want an oval face with bit pointed chin. i notice people said tfd do natural results, but i would like to change my face shape and i wonder if they can

• 4 weeks later...

Dr. Lee can give you either natural or dramatic results... Im uncertain as to why everyone constantly says his results are too natural. He gives you options that can either A. give you natural results or B. dramatic results

I will assume people seem to gravitate toward more natural looking options.

Hope this helps out some!

• 4 months later...
hello, I have a question: did you do rhino first before your facial contouring??? if so how long did you wait between these surgeries?
also, did you undergo local anesthesia for your rhino?

I want to get des + rhino + facial contouring and i wanna do my eyes and nose first, then fc but im not sure if its a good idea as i dont know about the anesthesia. going under GA 2 times in a month sounds...dangerous

hi, guy!
I consulted Dr. Lee last month, I recognized that Dr. Lee speaks English very well and professionally. I was attracted to him and intended to operate the fc + vline at his place. But when I look at this forum, I see that some of Dr Lee's oprate errors make me nervous.

So please give me more information about TFD

I'm wondering between Braun PS and TFD, the same face, but Braun asked me to lower my cheekbone and V-line by Dr.Kim's own way and TFD are two jaw surgery,
which method is better for me

:heart:

We cannot tell you without seeing your face or knowing your concern

what errors did he make? where did you find any of that?