BeautyHacker

Separating my v-line surgery and rhinoplasty or doing both at the same time??

Hi! I want to get a rhinoplasty and V-line surgery and I am wondering has anyone gotten these surgeries at separate times and if you have which one did you do first and why? And for those that got these surgeries how was your experience about getting it done at the same time? Please share your thoughts thank you!

in most clinics they do not proceed these two options together due to breathing issues, and I would never risk a thing as that. For me, I did my V-line surgery first because they told me that my nose could get hit and bumped while doing V-line surgery if I did rhinoplasty first.

Many people who get it done at the same time just report more difficult breathing the first night. It's an uncomfortable experience; annoying for most and terrifying for some, depending on your body and anxiety levels so do be aware of that! Otherwise, you would do v line first, recover for a couple weeks, and do rhinoplasty last.

• 2 weeks later...
I just wrote a reply on another thread if you want to hear my input. I would not recommend...I have had open rhino and v line separately and both times had breathing difficulty. The v line was pretty bad, and you just never know if your sinuses will act up, or have too much swelling. If you just had your nose done, they would likely need to use a tracheal tube to help you breathe if it gets bad instead of a nasal. For me, they used a nasal tube after suctioning the fluids from my sinuses, then periodically suctioning my trachea and oral/nasal cavity. This lasted about 15 hours until they could control the fluids by IV medication and take out the nasal catheter. It really would have been a terrible experience to endure another tracheal catheter after coming off general anesthesia for v line and rhino done together

I did vline and rhino at the same time, Of course I had difficulty breathing but I don't regret doing thoes at the same time. Anyway you will need some recovery time due to swelling&bruising, it saves so much time