BeautyHacker

Is there a procedure in Korea to raise lower eyelid to hide the whites under the eyes?

Wondering if any surgeons in Korea would be good at doing a procedure like this? Specificially I want to raise my lower eyelids to hide the whites under my eyes. I basically want squinty-er eyes.

In general, what are the best clinics/docs for eyes?

I've had this done in the states, but I think my right eye would benefit from raising a bit more. I was hoping if there are any good revision docs that can do this.

PS: My eyes are non-asian. They are caucasian like.

I think she meant canthopexy? Correct me if I'm wrong here. I also tried looking it up and it gave me a medical condition.

Thank you though K Couture!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Ashly, in the states the plastic surgeons call that a lateral canthopexy. However in Korea I don't believe they offer that as widely as they do lateral canthoplasty. However, you can adjust the angle of the outer corner of your eye through lateral canthoplasty; usually Koreans adjust the angle lower because their outer angle is about 10 degrees higher than a normal or Caucasian eye but I'm sure if you go to a plastic surgeon specializing in oculoplasty they can adjust it higher to hide the scleral show. I have the same problem myself. I've been looking at clinics specializing in oculplasty or just eyes, and so far I've only found one: Teium. I don't know their reputation among locals and foreigners though.

I was going to recommend Teuim to you haha. There are a good number of locals who go there and popular among foreigners- or rather, They're just relatively well known online. Dr. Kwon, if anything else, is a very skilled surgeon with a lot of academic accomplishment under his name ^^

Also I forgot to mention Kim's Eye Hospital.
They specialize in eye but more from a functional aspect. I saw on their website that they have an oculoplastic center with a couple dedicated doctors who specialize strictly in opthalmic and reconstructive surgery. If you choose to get in touch with them let me know how it goes!

Actually there is and apart from aging related issues, this might be due to other medical conditions like graves disease or botched blepharoplasty / DES / ptosis corrections / brow lifts where the levator muscle function is affected.

Can google "eyelid retraction" or "sceleral show".

I've been looking for this procedure too in Korea, it's called "lower eyelid retraction". The only information I found regarding this procedure is that a hospital called "Kim's Eye Hospital" done this procedure for awhile as a research study, but don't know if they still perform it.

• 1 year later...
Bump..
sorry for reviving this old thread but i was wondering if anyone has any recommendations? there is a procedure called tarsorrhaphy/tarsal strip procedure to stitch a bit of the outer corners of the eyes that can help with retraction but im not sure which clinic in korea offers this. thank you so much
Would it be okay to ask the surgeon to have the opposite of a lateral canthoplasty (since lateral canthoplasty is opening the outside of the eyes)? how would they react to new requests
thanks

By "Hide the whites under my eyes" do you mean the white part that shows beneath the iris on some peoples eyes? I think that most people would use circle lenses to fix this problem as it depends on the size iris and obviously it is impossible to change the size of your iris.