BeautyHacker

Dream Aesthetic

Did anyone have any experiences with Dream Aesthetic plastic surgery clinic? Here is there website: http://www.daprseng.com/

I'm really fascinated because all of their surgeons are board certified and/or specialized and I'd like to know more about your experiences.

So far, looking at the before and after, I'm not a huge fan of their rhinoplasty work, I prefer it to be more natural. However I think their eye surgery before and afters look great!

All surgeons being board certified and specialized is a basic factor that almost all clinics comply with
(exept some few ****ty clinics) since it's elegal not to do so in Korea. I believe what matters more is the surgeon's skill and esthetic style, and DA surgeons seem to be after a more dolly and drastic appearance, so if you prefer a natural improvement, it seems to be the wrong place to go

Really? I read a few articles and posts on this forum that states that a surgeon can't say, "I'm a nose plastic surgeon" unless they're specialized or something like that. They can be members of such and such organizations, but they can technically perform cosmetic procedures even though they're a family medicine doctor or like a gynecologist.

that's elegal and those only happens in a few ****ty clinics that I've mentioned above

• 1 month later...
I believe that's actually not correct. Just go to prskorea and it explains that being board certified is not a requirement in Korea, so without a being board certified it is legal to perform surgeries in Korea. Also it is also a misconception that there is a specialization in PS, as unlike with general practitioners there are specializations heart, brain and you get what I mean. I am not saying though that there a not doctors who have gained a lot of experience or only perform in a specific PS area though. Hope this helps.

You don't have to be board certified to perform plastic surgery. Any medical physician can technicially perform plastic surgery, but being board certified means that the surgeon went through intense testing and qualifications to be deemed board certified.

Regarding specializing, in the states (I'm not sure if it applies to Korea) in order to be a plastic surgeon, once you do your undergraduate and complete the two years of medical school and 2 years of clinical training, you can choose to do your residencies. Either you can do 3 years general residency in which you don't know which area to specialize in yet and you just want to try a little bit of everything, and then do another 3 years of residency focusing on plastic surgery. So yes, you can actually specialize in plastic surgery. In addition to the residency years, surgeons who want additional training can actually do a fellowship where they learn from another fellow surgeon at his or clinic or office.

Overall, technically anyone with an M.D. can perform surgery, even cosmetic and plastic surgery. For instance, there was a case were a dentist performed a rhinoplasty on his patient. Is it ethical? Probably not. Legal? Unfortunately, yes. And since he most likely did not do a residency in plastic surgery, the surgery ended up botched.

Hmmm... perhaps it is indeed different in Korea wrt specializations. Here the article explaining that they dont have this in Korea at least http://news.joins.com/article/11927348 still good to know how it is arranged in the US. Thanks for sharing.