BeautyHacker

Scheduling Consultations?

Hi all, I'm looking for advice on scheduling my consultations with clinics in Korea when I go to Seoul for 3 weeks later this year. For those of you who have done consultations already:

How long does each consultation last?
What's a good amount of time to allot for traveling between two clinics?
How many consultations can one reasonably fit into a full day?

Please assume I'm only consulting with clinics in the Gangnam area. I'll probably be using the metro. I worked in Seoul one summer, so I feel comfortable taking public transit everywhere, but I want to give myself enough buffer time in case of complications.

Hi Nochu!

I went around March so it may not have been as busy then, but from my personal experience, I think it would be a good idea to give yourself at least two hours between each clinic. I found that wait times often accounted for a significant portion of the time I spent at each clinic (anywhere from 10 to cumulatively 30 or more minutes). The lengths of the consultations themselves can vary depending on how many questions you have, etc., and I found that clinics that specialize in specific types of surgeries give more in-depth consultations for those particular procedures (I spent 2.5-3 hours at GNG alone waiting, discussing my rhino, and bargaining).

There are many areas where a lot of the clinics are clustered together (for example, MVP in Apgujeong is within blocks of JK and a ton of other clinics I can't remember), so I would personally plan ahead on Google maps and try to schedule the ones that are close together back to back. My first day in Korea, I squeezed in four consultations from 10:30-11 ish to 6 PM, but I had time in between a few of them to eat, take a long walk, etc. I would say no more than five is possible and five may even be a bit ambitious since some things may go wrong e.g., you end up going over time on a few

Thank you @AshleyLovesYou ! Your experience was very helpful. Wow, a 2-3 hour consultation exceeded what I thought was possible. I’ll keep all this mind when scheduling my visits.