BeautyHacker

Best time of year to go to Seoul for surgery?

thank you! This is also why I am not considering February as much now..it's the coldest month

Just FYI - for Korean schools, summer vacation is usually from mid-July to August/September (so the clinics would be busier then). End of May/beginning of June is nice - it's sunny (so you don't look weird wearing sunglasses) but not super hot and humid yet.

Thank you, I thought so too! :smile: I didn't think about the sunglasses part though..that is useful!

Thanks so much :smile:

• 1 month later...
I’ve read that November - february is peak season (along with June - September). I would ideally like to go in November as it’s a slow time at my job... how much does “peak season” really matter?

Is it common to be hard to “book” the doctor you want in peak season if you don’t reserve a surgery time? (I don’t want to do this since I want to go and meet multiple clinics first.)

Is it harder to barter in peak season?

I wouldn't come during July or August just because it is ungodly hot and it will rain a lot too since it is the rainy season here. Even though the clinics will be busy, I would suggest coming December - February. My reason is because it is cold outside and it actually makes a difference in how quickly your swelling goes down and your level of comfort after surgery. My doc told me that the swelling goes down considerably fast on people who get surgery during the winter than during the hot months.
I also walked around a lot outside when it was cold after my surgery and it was like I was getting a natural ice massage on my eyes instead of using the ice pack. hahaha. So that's my suggestion.

I heard from my cousin who lived in korea for 2 years that korean winters are pretty harsh and it's extremely cold. Would it be too cold for PS recovery during the winter period from Dec to Feb?

Yes, winters are cold in Korea. However, most Koreans get surgery during Dec to Feb anyway since that's when the breaks are. Also, I would not say it is too cold for recovery as I got mine done in January and it was nice to be able to go outside and feel the cold on the eyes. My swelling went down really quickly. As I mentioned in my original response, my doc told me that swelling goes down a lot faster for winter surgeries, which is better overall for the recovery. The summer time is ungodly hot... even June this year was unbearable and it is usually July and August that are the hot months. If you get surgery during the summer you will pretty much be stuck indoors and not be able to walk outside unless you are okay with sweating all over the place (which you are not supposed to do after surgery).