BeautyHacker

My honest review on Docfinderkorea

Like what Keii said, you can use cash or the t-money card to pay the cab fare. But just make sure you have sufficient cash with you just in case the cab driver doesn't accept t-money payment, cause that happened to me. One cab driver wanted cash payment instead of t-money payment.

If you are getting a surgery that still allows you to move around easily (as in you don't have to be bed-bound the entire recovery period) such as v-line, rhinoplasty or eyelid surgery, you can also take the subway. It's super easily to travel around by subway as there are English signs and announcements. Download Naver maps if you need navigation for public transport or even walking directions - it was a lifesaver for me and my mum while we were in Seoul.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to add in that I also found DFK to be a bit more expensive compared to when I talked to the clinics on FB messenger, or Kakao on my own. I think they can be helpful as a security blanket, especially if it's your first time in Seoul and you'd prefer to have a local guide that might bring you to different areas or order food for you while you're recovering.

However, I echo what @daysuntilpretty and @hh_kr22 said about the cost of service though. I, personally, don't find it justifiable to pay the few extra million won. However, I can understand why it can still be a beneficial service.

In my case, I asked for chin and nose fillers from DFK, thinking why not, I'm curious to see who they recommend, and perhaps I will get a better discount. I sent the same photos to DFK as well as the clinics I consulted with online (View, Dream, MVP, DAPRS, Meclinic, Grace). DFK gave me chin implant estimates in the 3-5 mil KRW before face to face consultations,which is really high to me because I had another clinic quote me 2 mil KRW as a starting point before face to face consultations, AND included free transportation, deswelling injections and laser skin care. This price was given to me when i asked them on kakao and before tax free. Based on cost for fillers, the range from my own research was 300,000 KRW to 800,000 KRW per cc from the different clinics I talked to while DFK quoted me anywhere from 600,000 KRW to 2,000,000 KRW per cc.

So, when I see that much of a difference (implant: 1~3 mil KRW, fillers: 300,000 ~1,700,000 KRW), I get a bit skeptical about whether DFK really helping me find the best cost with reputable clinics. DFK didn't give me the names of the clinics, they just labeled them as clinic A,B,C,D,E...I didn't push to ask for the names because the cost difference was quite a huge turn off, especially since some of the things they highlight (free transportation, arguing for best price for you etc) was already provided as part of the cost to me by the clinic along with extras like deswelling injections, laser, etc. :/ I don't doubt that it would be Banobagi. ID, GNG though, it seems common that they recommend these particular clinics.

Again, this is just my experience, some members have had great success with DFK, others have opted out. Ultimately, it's up to you :smile:

Feel free to PM me!! I didn’t end up doing rhino as I’m really happy with fillers at the moment. I ended up doing mandible angle reduction and plan to do zygoma and chin next year in February!

so i can buy that t-money card at the airport?

You can buy it from one of the counters at the airport arrival hall. Look for a counter that displays the t-money card sign. They have 2 counters I think. Get the Amazing T-money card (meant for tourists), it allows you to get some discounts at certain places if you flash the card, as compared to the normal T-money card. The card is about 50,000won and comes preloaded with around 45000won credit in it.

You can look up the t-money website to find out where you can use the card for discounts. The amazing t-money card also gives you discount off the airport limousine bus as well. You can ask the staff at the counter on how to use the card when you buy it. They'll also give you a brochure on information about the card.

Tnx so much

I used DFK service before and I don’t understand why people pay more when they usd DFK service. Visit your clinic, have consultation first and get the best deal.
After that contact DFK and ask them if they can help get this price and you will use DFK service by free without a few extra million won. If they cannot help this price, you don't have to use their service. Easy.

In the email docfinder said that they operate on commission base and there’s no additional fee to use their service. They also said that they give the official price from the clinic and they offer free concierge service.

That’s why I think “we will help you out with EVERYTHING but don't charge extra for it'” is not wrong.

What is free in this world? They are also a company, they have workers. They are not a charity group. It’s impossible to actually get all those services for free. What they’re saying is they offer free service and you will pay the same price even if you go to the clinic by yourself. I don’t understand your thought process.

Why would you get that much service for free? They are doing business. They also have to make profit. So we just have to use them well.

Like the above people said: get consultation, get the best discount and after that ask docfinder if we can use their service with that price. If docfinder say yes then we use their service, if they say they can’t then we don’t use their service and go directly to the clinic.

So if we do this we don’t have to pay a few extra million.

I understand your point, they are workers and need money too but what they STATE in their email to me is not even true, I quote from them directly...

”DocfinderKorea is a medical tourism company accredited by the Korean government. Our services are free because we work on a commission basis with the clinics. The commission does not affect the price we offer as they have fixed price lists. So, whether you come through DocfinderKorea or come to clinic yourself, the price of the surgery will be the same. You may confirm this by contacting them and comparing the quotes. However, the clinics will offer better discounts if you come through our service.”

Do u see my point? They even say that Docfinder will discount you MORE if you go through them and not consult directly via the clinics which is FALSE. Not only for one but for all the clinics I consulted myself. The price is not even the same, I got quoted cheaper on all my online consultations than with Docfinder. And of course even more cheaper face2face consultations. I’m sorry but your arguments don’t hold up.

I’m not trying to be rude but let’s just agree on disagree then and like I said in my first post - go ahead and go with them, I understand that their services are comfortable for a lot of people. I, MYSELF, personally didn’t think it’s worth it. Especially for a few extra million won.

Yes, you got a point and I totally understand where you’re coming from.
I understand that if you go to the clinic directly, DFK doesn’t help to get discount. Of course! How can they help the patient to get discount?

But my point is that we can use DFK service after we got the best price from the clinic directly. If the discount we got is better than what DFK wrote in the email, then we can tell DFK that we got better offer from the clinic and ask them. If we can use the service, we can use it. If they said “No.” and we don’t have to use it.
Your point is not wrong, but all I want to say is that my point is also true and it’s possible because I saw many reviews said that they did get the best price from the clinic directly, and after that they contact and use DFK.

Everyone who wants to go to banobagi, ID, GNG, cinderella and any plastic surgery clinic don’t have to use DFK. It’s up to us.
But we can deal with the clinic, get the best price and use DFK's service. It doesn’t have to be either or, it can be both! We don’t have to choose between getting the best price or using DFK, we can get both.

All that you have to do is let DFK know the price you receive from the clinic and ask them if it’s possible for you to get that price too if you go through them. That’s it. If they say no then you are free to decide whether you want to go to the clinic by yourself or with them.

I understand your point, but I think my point is not wrong.

The fact is we can get discount from the clinic if we go directly and then we can ask DFK if we can use their service with the price that we received from the clinic. If they say yes then why not?

IMO we don't have to pay a few extra million won.

Eh. DFK is not worth it at all. They habitually direct people to larger factory clinics by default without really paying attention to people’s individual needs. I’m assuming they have some sort of partnership deal with those places. And like everyone else stated, South Korea is -extremely- accommodating to foreigners. If you speak English like me, it’s everywhere. The trains, street signs, everything. I got by perfectly fine going alone and I spoke practically no Korean.

Plus if the clinics are already offering skin treatmeats, translation, and transportation (at a lower price than DFK needs) then what’s the point? It doesn’t make sense at all.

In a nutshell, why would I pay somebody’s commission fee when the clinic itself is giving you a better deal with all the perks included?

My aunt is actually using DFK right now and it's honestly not all it is cracked up to be. The people that are supposed to assist her don't show up on time at all. Also, everything just seems very orchestrated. For example, during the price negotiations, the DFK representative came in at the end and said, "can't you give us a little more discount?" in a not very convincing way, then the Banobagi nurse goes, "well I already gave you a lot of discounts," and then proceeded to give my aunt a 5% discount for coming with DFK. Honestly some of the worst acting I have ever seen.

I tried sending an email inquiry to DFK once out of curiosity. It seems they only recommend big clinics that do a lot of international marketing already. DFK's cheap trick is scaring people about clinics which have deaths, and claiming that their list of "excellent" clinics will prevent us from it. They will still recommend clinics with tons of botched jobs though, e.g. Banobagi.

Hi Mark, I used Docfinder korea as well, they recommended ID, BANOBAGI, CINDERELLA, JK & gng to me. I have been talking to them for a year and ask them silly/trivial questions and they always reply tome with my first name.

Hi there, i came across your thread and i would like to thank you for your advices. I will be travelling to Korea for the first time to perform surgery. I would like to perform procedures on my eyelids and i am still uncertain about which clinics to consider. I’ve read many reviews online, and there’s so many mixed reviews. I would like to seek your help but i am unable to DM you personally. Thank you so much once again, I’ll await your kind reply :smile: