BeautyHacker

Korea plastic surgery question. Where can I view real patient before and afters?

Hi all,

I've been interested in getting plastic surgery in South Korea for about a year now. I've done a ton of research, I've bookmarked a ton of websites and I've read a lot of articles on the subject. I even follow some South Korean plastic surgery hospitals on Instagram. There's just one problem, and that problem is a huge one (for me). I can't find real patient before and afters! This is so ridiculous in my opinion because the before and after photos are what potential patients use to determine if the surgeon's work is good enough for them. However, each major hospital (and even these hospital's official Instagram) is filled with obviously not real completely computer generated pictures. I would never go to a plastic surgeon based on a freakin' computer simulation of the after... So I was wondering if there are hospitals or websites where I can look at real before and after photos?

Depending on the hospitals you're interested in you can find B&As by searching through this forum, YouTube, Misooda, or SoYoung (if you can't read Chinese view it on your web browser and translate). If you join a Kakao group sometimes people are willing to share their photos through there as well.

I like to look at the blog websites of the plastic clinics I'm interested in. There are usually progress photos at 3 days, 14 days, 1 month, 4 months, 6 months, etc. I usually find before and after pictures on the website a little too dramatic and maybe a little photoshopped.. however, the blog photos are more real. Looking at the blog website of GNG led me to not choose them for facial contour and the blogs of Cinderella and View helped me choose them instead. Also, adding ladies on from this forum on kakaotalk helps also! A lot of girls here were kind enough to send their pictures privately and gave me their honest opinions of their procedures, doctors, and clinics. Hope this helps.