BeautyHacker

Rhinoplasty Journey *Black girl approved*

Thanks @phoebebuffey I am planning now to book my flight at end of August. Are 14 days enough if i want to do consultations first on the first two days?

I got a really good feedback from Dream PS. They recommended closed rhinoplasty for my revision rhinoplasty with septal extension graft. None of the other clinics I've online consulted with have said this. They all said i need open one since it is a revision rhinoplasty.

I actually don't know for sure, as I haven't been! But if you're only doing rhinoplasty, I would think that that's enough time! I want to go longer only because I'll probably have multiple surgeries at multiple clinics and I'll need to "rest" between them. Just remember that clinics are closed Sundays, so factor that into your travel time / planned consults.

Join the eyes & nose rhinoplasty group (linked below) on Kakao - there are a lot of girls who are there now / have been in the past! I believe most of them stayed two weeks or less.
https://open.kakao.com/o/gVDcB8w

Well, it's a pity that you have put VIP in red as I do like what the Director, Myung Ju Lee does for African American girls. To get really great results it seems that you just can't do your nose. I see most of the girls need facial contouring too. He does rib thought. I trained in Texas decades ago to do rib. Untitled.jpg

So part of the reason I wasn't really into VIP (aside from not wanting rib cartilage) was that they suggested mid-face augmentation, lipolysis and genioplasty. Of course, if I were to do an in-person consultation, the recommendation could be different but they seemed a little too eager to recommend a bunch of procedures I wasn't interested in (a chin implant is not medically related to the nose as far as I know although I am aware that they are looking at overall balance but I emailed regarding nose specifically). However, I got a one-size-fits-all feeling from them just because I am black. That may sound strange but hear me out: To elaborate, they also sent an image of a black patient's before and after in their emails (which I appreciate for comfort reasons) but I got the feeling that they basically believe that "since you are black you will need this". Not to mention the patient's picture who they shared with me didn't share any commonalities with my face...why show me this when we look nothing alike? My "mid-face" isn't sunken at all like the image they showed me. I could also have totally misinterpreted their intentions and be completely wrong but regardless, I wasn't interested in rib cartilage. I do think they have good results though! I'm just happy with my face and wanted to edit my nose.

Also, after writing this I scrolled back up to look at the image you shared and I see that even in the screenshot of the IG post, they also gave the girl a midface augmentation and genioplasty lol

So I just found out that the medical tourism agencies actually will help you wherever you want to go; they don't only have a limited number of clinics to which they will take you! Not sure if this was known info :P And, contrary to what I've seen posted on this forum, I don't think they take a cut of what you pay for surgery because I've contacted the same clinic with and without a touring agency and was quoted the same price. Obviously this is only 1 test case but I think it's worth looking into. I have a few Korean and foreigner friends in Korea who have said bringing a native person with you to appointments can really help reduce the prices of procedures- even just regular medical visits.

Hopefully that helps someone (but also do your research because I could be completely wrong)!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well yeah if u want drastic change to ur face, of course they do suggest u to do other reconstructive surgeries to ur face like genioplasty and mid- face augmentation.

• 1 month later...
  • admin locked and unlocked this topic
  • 8 months later...

I was considering View. I would like to know your reasons for taking them off the list. What research did you find? Thanks