BeautyHacker

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if hydroxyapatite bone cement can be used to seal the gap in my cheekbones? I would love to get my cheekbones back but I'm sure that's unrealistic. I can't decide if:

1) Augment the cheekbones with hydroxyapatite bone cement

2) Widen the cheekbones back out with a bone graft from skull or hip.( However, I'm worried if this would cause contour irregularity to my skull/hip. )

Interested in hearing your feedback.

hydroxy isnt bone cement. its a different material in both composition and structure. Also I asked about this already. The answer is NO. Not possible. I had a botched jaw reduction at the Yanhee in bangkok many years ago. I wanted to revise it with hydroxy but mendelson addressed the limitation for such purpose. I also asked about bone cement when consulting facial contouring sureons in korea. All the surgeons strongly advised against it.

I mean in theory i believe it can be done but for some reason I have yet to encounter a surgeon who is willing to perform a reveral. Your probably better off getting a lift if your reason for doing so is sagging.

Hi k couture-

Thank you for your sound advice. I think I might have to go for the invasive route and take bone graft from the skull-Which is a bigger surgery then the first. Even then, I don't know if it's possible to get back the ogee curve or some protrusion near eye area. I was told by one surgeon I will not need a large coronal incision across the scalp but just a small incision to take a piece of bone from--I wonder how it's possible to widen the cheekbones back out without some type of open visual?
Hard to find someone who actually had revision work done to their cheekbones.