BeautyHacker

Rhinoplasty Journey in South Korea-From 8 clinics, Down to 1

Monday
Had my bandaged removed today. I look so hideous. my nose looks so huge and short and upturned. i didnt think anything improved but worst. I am worried sick. my tip looks bigger than it was before. my smile just off. everything just terrible.

Doctor said it is just the swelling. He also said the pain i was having also due to the swelling. I really want to believe him but. I really hate how i look right now. Because my nose is too pointy and yet i have a short nose and my alar wasnt reduced, i really do look like a pig.

I got my nose exfoliate, thank God as it was just yucky after the bandage got removed. Then i had the laser too for diswell. I am planning to do it everyday as I really want to want to have it this way.

Tam and her bf with me, else i would have cried. but i went back and cried alot. i really dont know what to do about this. Im just crossing my fingers that it is just the swelling.

Tuesday

Finally, today i got to see Anna again. Oh boy what a relieved. I could ask her my questions. Well, the same answers given...swelling.

I do feel like my columella is not brought forward as much as i had wanted to and for what since I didnt do any alar reduction (was recommended by the doctor and was told about the risk, and I agreed), it made my alar looks more saggier than before. i had wanted my columella to appear on the side. and from the front to appear more forward than my alar base.
Anna said there was limitation for my nose and apparently thats the best it could go to. but honestly i didnt think it was made forwarded at all. but yes it is more higher and thus makes it pointer (hence the piggy upturned effect). They did informed me that it will make my nose slightly upturned (i agreed cause i understand that what i wanted was to reverse my droopy tip).

theres also nothing changes in the scar area actually as i previously thought. i was just swelling really badly and hence i cant see the scar and now that i have less swelling the scar from previous surgery still there. Anna said Dr. did a W incision to reduce the last scar (which I hope that really did happened), while the horizontal scar i had-left like that. though i had thought dr. did mention he would correct it during my last consultation with him before i signed the booking.

I havent got my sleep and this is really bad. i started to regret why i did this in the first place.
to be honest, this is depressing...and I know im not the only who would go through this after post op. im still hoping this is not the result that i would end up with.

Sorry to hear that...
I also need to do revision my nose, so i reaserching on here.
My thinking is Dr. had to use your ear cartilage, guess it was actually not enough for it.??

doctor had only used my septum. in a way im so happy with that. but to be honest i dont even know the kind of techniques he used.

i am still very much hoping that all this because of swelling and not because of anything else. today is 10 days post op. so i will be posting photos 2 weeks post op on here.... again still hoping that this is just swelling.

hey,
I don't mean to scare you but from personal experience (2 rhinoplasties)
usually the nose should look nice right after they take off the bandages
then it either gets normal looking or uglier after the swelling goes down
so if you don't like the results after taking off the bandage
(especially when it comes to the tip projection)
that's a big uh-oh

I actually kinda liked my primary rhino after the bandages were off
but when the swelling went down.... it just went downhill from there

ps
i heard/read a lot of bad reviews about view

Oh no now I'm worried!!! I just got mine done and am on day 1 post op :shocked::shocked:...

@pulpy, I hope it's just swelling!!!! Can you continue to do red light 10 days post op? Anna never mentioned anything about deswelling treatment to me... Mine right now is HUGE like.. the size of two noses right now lol

You feeling such dizziness & grogginess after your rhino points out that you were given conventional GA which should not be used for rhino. For rhino, sedation anesthesia is enough. I wonder how careless can View be for such major things.

Anyways, hope you recover well.

At which clinic did you get yours done Cecilee? And what nose procedures did you do if you don't mind sharing.

Actually when I did mine they were cautious.. only gave me local sedation and said if osteotomy was needed then GA would be required which in my cause I had to avoid. Those are pretty typical symptoms of GA no?

Ya np! I plan on making a forum eventually cause it was a long journey to get here =_= I just got mine done at View, post op day 2. Just a rhinoplasty to heighten my bridge and lengthen my short nose. I was thinking alar reduction but was ensured that it should be reduced when my tip is reshaped (kind of like pinching the tip of my nose if that makes sense)

Hi do you have kakao I wanted to talk to you about your experience at view☺️☺️
i!

I don't have kakao but I can get it ? It would just take me a while to figure out lol

• 5 months later...
How are you? Would like to know how are things now? :smile:

• 5 months later...