BeautyHacker

Why you should not have plastic surgery in South Korea

no. she is an UK GP who has generously shared a detailed account of her PS experiences. Her thread has helped many people who are looking for reliable info regarding PS.
MissOrange is just trying to share her positive experience. obviously, results may vary between individuals and not all who go to MVP will came out satisfied. that's why it's important to do our own research about the surgeon and consider if his aesthetic sense, credentials, years of experience matched what we are looking for.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone Liked and commented on my Instagram post the other day and I replied "Thanks! I owe it all to my Samsung Galaxy S9+ with 64 GB storage, Snapdragon 845 processor and dual 12MP rear, 8MP front camera! Click here if you want the Samsung Galaxy S9+ with 64 GB storage, Snapdragon 845 processor and dual 12MP rear, 8MP front camera! and take amazing pictures like me, make sure you ask for and order it from Dr. Seo at MVP."

In my opinion, plastic surgery in South Korea is very good. But it also depends on your luck.
Although you already researched a lot about 1 clinic, results could be varied.
And about language, maybe it's better if you hire a translator or use medical tourism service, especially if you do major surgery like breast surgery and other things that need general anesthesia. Or, at least go with your family or friend.

@Ashly117 I think we can safely say that if we've undergone successful surgeries and are extremely happy with the outcome. Then happy people sing their doctor's praises numerous times on purseforum. Just as you've been praising Jogak for your head augmentation. MissOrange freely shares her recommendation of MVP. Insinuation that MissOrange is a MVP promoter is upsetting to her.

We also don't know how many satisfied customers Dr. Seo has over 9000 surgeries. It's an unknown variable. It's quite possible he has a 95% success rate, with local Koreans. There are also tons of excellent plastic surgeons in Korea. As evidenced by the fact that South Korea is the plastic surgery capital of the world. However, are all excellent SK plastic surgeons world renowned? Of course not, plus they would only be well known in Korea, not to foreigners. I bet no one in Korea, knows who the Kardashians are either.

Even, plastic surgeons who operate on k-pop stars/celebrities are kept top secret and are not world renowned. They don't need to promote themselves outside Korea.

how did u calculated “it is quite possible that he has 95% success rate with local korea?”
what’s the probability of quite possible?
how did u derive 95% and end up with “i don’t know”

if u don’t know then don’t talk, don’t give random numbers and mislead people. it’s wrong.

@pinkmau I think you need to go back and learn to read. I clearly state it's an "unknown variable", and none of us know how many satisfied patients there are. In addition to the word "possible". I never said he "definitely" has a 95% success rate. So if you can't read please don't talk yourself.

Unless you happen to have the exact percentage of unsatisfied customers and there are and prove it. Since you're all about EXACT numbers.

u suggested a random number and i’m asking u how did u derive that since u said u don’t know. ur sentences are were ironic to themselves. basically if u don’t know anything u shouldn’t be misleading people. not trying to argue ur way through and ask people to shut up saying people can’t read when you can’t count. hahahahhahahahahahaaa ok done bye.

Whoa, your whole post is nonsense since you can't differentiate between a hypothetical theory and one based on true numbers, which only the clinic would have.

And oh we're still waiting on those EXACT numbers of unsatisfied patients, you're so eager to show us (of course you can't) bye Felipe.

First of all, thanks for a level-headed reply. I really appreciate that as not people do this on PF lately... Conveniently there's an "Orange Farm thread" that has popped up. It's probably more appropriate to talk about these things there. But yes, you are correct that if a surgery went successfully, people are likely to sing praises of their doctor within reason.

I have mentioned Jogak many times, but it was done on at most 3 different threads during the beginning of 2018 when I got this surgery. I rarely mention them anymore nowadays. I don't even reply to my "Head Augmentation" thread anymore as it is self sufficient unlike "How to look 20 as a 50 year old" thread. It's one thing to sing praises within a month of surgery and a completely different business to post delusional selfies of a 50 year old pretending to be a 20 year old and obsessively crediting a clinic months on to come in various threads.

@Ashly117 I truly appreciate your sensible, level minded response as well. We're all entitled to feeling negatively to other individuals. Goodness knows I feel that way about ignorant fools who sprout rubbish here. But that's the beauty of the internet. Just skip over anything they write. As far as I know, MissOrange has not harmed anyone and has actually helped out many members by dispensing helpful advice. I hope everyone has researched their PS clinics months in advance and have multiple clinic consultations lined up. Not just rely on one member's recommendation.

I also hope you did not take offense to my earlier post, I wrote that at 12 AM and was attempting to explain other countries have different cultural values. So while Americans associate a plastic surgeon with how famous they are and which celebrities they operated on. In Korea, it's not the same mindset although I think we'd all love to know our favorite k-pop star's plastic surgeon. And if I recall correctly, the Korean Medical Board doesn't approve of PS promoting themselves. Dr. Oh from Regen got a suspension for appearing on TV.

I don't get the point of this thread either. It's devolved into personal attacks against MissOrange. Ashly117 seems to be upset a member continues to post about their good and bad experiences with plastic surgery, apparently if you have plastic surgery you're only allowed to talk about for a limited time? Or you need to do a survey of all 9000 plastic surgeries a surgeon has performed before you can recommend or not recommend a doctor on this forum? By her own logic her single experience with plastic surgery is not sufficient to warm everyone off from doing plastic surgery in Korea.

Aw no, offense taken. I understand your POV.

Sorry I didn´t open this thread to attack anybody nor against Korea or Korean people who are really great but to tell you about my experience with korean plastic surgery.. Of course it is my opinion. As I went there deciding on some posts in this forum I just wanted you guys to be careful, that´s all. Posts are quick and easy to writte and you can not check the date of the before after photos either. We can not take a decision based on posts and this was my fault. Clinics and procedures are not better than others based on purse forum posts. I ask for forgiveness if I hurted anybody here or with my posts as I was very dissapointed and I think I really wasted my money there, but that´s my opinion too. My only suggestion is that you look for the best procedures in Europe or USA with some garanty but if you want to go futher you should take the risk and go to Korea and judge for yourself. I really don´t think it is a matter of choosing the best clinic over there. Plastic surgery is a multi- million bussiness in Seoul with the highest concurrence maybe in the world and they fish people here with people posting for these clinics. We and Koreans too are only 7.000 dollar bills in a big industry. There are some very obvious examples here but again it is not of my business to judge anybody, It is just an information and a warning I though it could be usefull.