BeautyHacker

My facial contour surgery at EU

Recently I undergo mandibular surgery because I'm always insecure with my face shape... Now I'm 1 month and 3 weeks post op and still swollen because I asked for dramatic results. Pictures are attached below.

Initially it was difficult choosing clinics because there are tons of choices. Contacted tons of clinics like tfd, TL, view, Bk and did tons of research. Eventually I had it narrowed down to EU because they are one of the oral maxillofacial clinics and I heard the Dr Shin/Dr Kim can both perform dramatic and natural results. Also they perform only one surgery a day which is very crucial because this will result in no chances of fatigue hence lesser room for mistakes.

On the day of face to face consultation with Dr Shin, I prepared a list of questions and bought a compilation of pretty face shapes I wish to achieve.

Initially I was afraid there will be language barrier but there's a very lovable in-house English communicator/translator. Thanks to her I feel more at ease because my questions and facial preferences were smoothly conveyed to the Doctor. They also wrote everything down on paper from my ideal facial shape to make sure they got everything right. The doctor also explained to me what I should realistically expect, and made sure all of my questions were answered in full.

They are extremely patient with me so I was set to have surgery at EU the next day.

Had my CT scans, xray, blood and urine test done relatively fast on the same day as consultation. But fast forward to night before the surgery, I was getting nervous and worried that the Docter might forget my preference.

So on the date of surgery, I consulted Dr Shin again, he drew some guidelines on my face and indication where my current jawbone is located. Once I was reassured that we are on the same page. The consultants gave me forms to sign and gave me their set of patient clothings to change.

The surgery doesn't hurt at all on
Day 1.

When I woke up, post op was like nothing what others described. It almost seems like I just came out from a simple surgery, no pain, discomfort or burning sensation on my jaw. Even the swelling and blood lost is very minimal. Also they did not insert any blood tube drainage in my throat. I was really surprised. I also tried moving my face in certain directions to see how my nerves were and could feel my entire face so I was really relieved! The only downside I had is abit of sorethroat and have to wait to drink water.

On day 2 to 7 days onwards my face started swelling like crazy. It will probably happen to you too especially if you ask for dramatic results. Hence you really need to mentally prepare yourself because it will be nothing you've imagined. You will be unrecognizable as your eyes will turn smaller and lips will expand 5times it's original size till it crack constantly. It is also important to leave the house to walk everyday for at least an hour to deswell..

Fast forward to my recovery period, I can talk properly only on Day 13. And able to eat to soft food starting on 3 weeks post op. Now I can eat every meat except for steak.

Screenshot_20180813-231343_WhatsApp.jpg
I'm also able to fit 3 fingers in without any difficulties. Everything is going well so far except for my double chin as my cheeks are quite chubby. Im still waiting for my face to deswell completely and I heard it will take up to a year.

But overall I'm very grateful and thankful to have surgery at EU.

20180813_222007.jpg

Thank you for the thorough review! Your face looks very good! Did you do V-Line as well or zygoma? Or only mandible surgery? How long did you stay in Korea?

Thanks! I stayed for 2 weeks. it's enough to recover and look normal. Did both zygoma and mandible.

• 1 month later...